Rainbrow Brites story, 29, UK - treatment in UAE

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rainbrow Brite

Rainbrow Brites story, 29, UK - treatment in UAE

#1 Post by Rainbrow Brite »

Hi all,

So I have been lurking this forum for a while now. Ive been braced now for 18 days, lol not much I know! My main reason for treatment is to prevent further damage on my already damaged teeth. Im a grinder, teeth clencer to the extreme where I have chipped some of my teeth. I have a deep bite, so deep that my front teeth touch my lower gums. I finally got brave and made the decision to have treatment when I knew I really didnt have any other choice. My teeth arent straight either :( I have always felt uncomfortable about this, but kinda got on with it as it was all I had known. So I am kind of glad that I was more forced into this decision. Otherwise I may have never made it on my own. I have uppers only. I was told on my consultation that I would need them for a year and uppers would be enough. But advised that i should have jaw surgery. Something I dont want to have for numerous reasons, I do not have the support network out here to even have around after the surgery. But thats another long story. So far I am saying no. However I have to make a decision in 3-5 months time. My ortho now is also telling me to have lowers, i feel that i am just a cash cow - as this is not what i was told in my initial agreement.

I have Damon clear on uppers, not much pain. Can eat what i like, no ulcers/cuts. Only when i laugh and catch my lip in the back of the wire, OUCH!! Lol!!

Im not sure I like my Ortho, she is rushed, does things wrong...like wrong size brackets on teeth, wrong stuff on teeth etc. I am paying alot of money and she has zero bedside manner. When i had my braces in initially she told me nothing about what they were doing, what they were going to do. The nurse didnt even have water ready for me when they were finished. You can probably tell that im really not feeling my Ortho :(

Sorry for the mixed up post, but just wanted to get everything in there. No pictures yet, purly because I just cant face broadcasting my teeth at the moment.

Rb :)

r1r1r12000

Re: Rainbrow Brites story, 29, UK - treatment in UAE

#2 Post by r1r1r12000 »

Congrats on getting your braces, Rainbrow Brite!

I hope things get better with your ortho, you certainly deserve to have your questions answered.

poppy123

Re: Rainbrow Brites story, 29, UK - treatment in UAE

#3 Post by poppy123 »

Hi, i love your username!! Coz we're 80's kids! I'm from Manchester, uk and am 29 too. Where are you from?

My experience has been very good so far, except problems with my jaw at the very end (jaw displacement). I should have got my uppers off yesterday but instead I have been advised I need lowers to correct my bite and sort out my jaw. I'm not being charged any extra for this (whoop whoop!!!) so I am really really happy even though it means another 6-9 months in braces. I'm getting my lowers put on in two weeks time, I'm presuming they'll be ceramic like my uppers. I'm really happy with my front teeth, they look fab so am hoping they don't change too much now I'm having my lowers done.

I'd put a link to my story but I don't know how to do it, but I've not updated it in ages. My teeth look very different now to when I last posted pics.

Anyway, good luck and I will follow your story. Keep us updated x