Nurse J's Bracetastic Adventure

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceFace2o1o

Re: Nurse J's Bracetastic Adventure

#16 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Hi NurseJ! Just wanted to stop by and say hi, not long now until your brace day :D

I can also relate to most of what you said in your first post in this thread, probably alot of others can too.

You have lovely shaped teeth and nice and white, so your outcome after braces is going to be great.

Ohhhh the dreaded mouthwash discussion lol. I got so paranoid about mouthwashes containing the dreaded staining ingredients I'm currently not using one, I guess I'm just over paranoid. I can't find one in my local shops that doesn't contain Cetylpyridinium chloride and doesn't have alcohol. I guess I'll just have to settle for one soon, apperently the fluoride in your mouthwash is important... and the only fluoride I am getting from my oral cleaning routine is from my toothpaste.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

ashesgap

#17 Post by ashesgap »

That email is too funny. It was basically them saying "Yeah, so what!?" lol. The worst part is when you have braces you're trying so hard to keep your teeth clean, and when you get these stains its a real freak out. I switch between the purple Listerine and Peroxide/water mix and haven't had anymore problems. :-}
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

luchababe

#18 Post by luchababe »

Ellebraced wrote: •After it kills germs in your mouth, the dead germs could collect on the tooth surface and create the appearance of a brown stain.
LMAO! What?! Like the corpses of the germs you just killed are stuck to your teeth? That's about as funny as "plaque bugs" that started showing up in mouthwash/toothpaste commercials a while ago. Yeah, right!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NurseJ

#19 Post by NurseJ »

So tomorrow's the big day! For some reason, I'm feeling a little sad/nostalgic....like I'm saying goodbye to my teeth as they are now...Is that strange?
I am excited however at the changes ahead. I have a new Waterpik, which I have been using for the past couple of days. I can totally see how useful this gadget will be at blasting food out of my braces! I also chucked the Crest Pro Health mouthwash and bought the Listerine for sensitive teeth.
Had tacos for dinner tonight, enjoyed biting into the shells. I guess I won't be doing that again for awhile!
Anyway, I will be posting pics of my brace face tomorrow.
I can't even imagine what it will feel like or look like!
Any last minute advice?

Ellebraced

#20 Post by Ellebraced »

AWESOME!!

Looking forward to seeing your braceface tomorrow.

My advice........ JUST BREATH............ :thumbsup: The process really isn't bad just the anxiety and getting used to having something odd in your mouth.

Congrats on ALMOST starting your journey!!

The waterpik is awesome, first few days made me sick to see all the stuff coming out of my braces after I ate but it is the best invention ever.

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

jensceana73

#21 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok Nurse J....

Congratulations!!!!! :-)o Or...soon to be here. You'll do great...just remember, take a LOT of lip balm, carmex, chapstick....you name...and...apply, apply, apply!!!

Glad to have you as a member of the club! :thumbsup:
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

NurseJ

#22 Post by NurseJ »

Thank you so much jensceana73 and ellebraced!! I just got back from having my upper teeth braced, and it wasn't bad at all. It does feel very foreign and odd though, that feeling of hard things rubbing against my cheeks and behind my lips.
They put a smaller wire on, and said that they will put a stronger one on in 2 months when I get my lowers done. All I feel right now is a slight pressure on the teeth. From all that I've read here, I will probably be sore later on, or in the next couple of days. I guess it's just too "new" to feel sore yet?
They said that I will need to wear elastics for sure in the coming months.
My husband was staring at my teeth instead of looking me in the eyes...lol. He said that you can barely see them from far away!
I'm worried that I'll obsess over seeing movement...It's like I find it hard to believe that my teeth are actually going to move. Like for real move. Does that make any sense?
I am going to try to sleep (I work nightshift tonight)....We'll see how that goes. Not sure what I'll have for supper. Probably soup and ice cream.
I will post pictures as soon as I can!

SO HAPPY that this process has finally begun! :jump:

Ellebraced

#23 Post by Ellebraced »

Congrats on getting Braced NurseJ. :tingrin: :thumbsup: and starting your new smile journey!!!

It is strange to think your teeth are going to be different after having them the same for so long. I can't stop running my tongue along my lowers because they feel so much straighter and VERY smooth.

Good luck sleeping, looking forward to seeing your braceface pics.

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months

drgnchsr36

#24 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Ellebraced wrote:Congrats on getting Braced NurseJ. :tingrin: :thumbsup: and starting your new smile journey!!!

It is strange to think your teeth are going to be different after having them the same for so long. I can't stop running my tongue along my lowers because they feel so much straighter and VERY smooth.

Elle
Elle, smoother than the top braces?

.. Nurse J - I echo Elle, congrats on getting braced and good luck with your journey :)

HeyBuckey!

#25 Post by HeyBuckey! »

I'm so late but CONGRATULATIONS NurseJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see the pics!!! That first day was the freakiest day ever! The feeling of first having braces rub on the inside of your cheeks and lips and trying not to smile because you feel like your mouth looks like a silverware drawer and you feel like everybody is staring at it. :lol:
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

Ellebraced

#26 Post by Ellebraced »

drgnchsr36 wrote:
Ellebraced wrote:Congrats on getting Braced NurseJ. :tingrin: :thumbsup: and starting your new smile journey!!!

Elle
Elle, smoother than the top braces?

.. Nurse J - I echo Elle, congrats on getting braced and good luck with your journey :)
Sorry I meant the inside of my teeth (where the braces are not there) They have really straightened out and it feels so different then before I got braces. I am consistently running my teeth along the smooth teeth. :HugeGrin:

drgnchsr36

#27 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Ellebraced wrote:
Sorry I meant the inside of my teeth (where the braces are not there) They have really straightened out and it feels so different then before I got braces. I am consistently running my teeth along the smooth teeth. :HugeGrin:
Ahh, I see :)

NurseJ

#28 Post by NurseJ »

So I have survived the first 9 days in braces. So far, not too much pain. Eating is easier, I actually was able to bite into toast and a banana with no problems!
Brushing/flossing is also getting easier, although I do find that I brush quite a bit, as I can't stand feeling like my braces are dirty. Some people at work have commented on them, but mostly people don't say anything. For those who have noticed, they all said you can barely see them from far away.
I took some pictures of the inside of my upper palette (sp?) at the 1 week mark, and sadly, no changes so far. I can't wait to see some movement!
Although I could swear that some areas feel "gappier" when I floss. So maybe that's something!
Here's a front view of my braces (I'm not a fan of this view):

I get my lowers on March 17th (plus an adjustment I imagine).
I can't wait for my teeth to MOVE!!!

NurseJ

#29 Post by NurseJ »

Well tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I've been braced, and there are NO changes in my teeth. :?
I know this takes time, but it's slightly discouraging. I was hoping for at least some minor sign that things were moving along. I've taken some pictures to compare, and I've studied them closely, so it's not just that I'm not seeing a difference in the mirror.
I hope things change soon! I need the reassurance that I'm doing the right thing!

NurseJ

#30 Post by NurseJ »

Here are some pictures of my non-progress:

Day 1:

Day 19:

No idea why the pics are so big as I resized them....

I hope week 4 brings movement!!!