Ellebraced is getting braced- PICS !!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilone

Re: Ellebraced is getting braced- PICS !!!!!

#166 Post by lilone »

Yay! Congratulations! Enjoy your holiday and be sure to visit the board when you get back!

catgyrl

#167 Post by catgyrl »

YIPPEE!!! :jump: :-)o

drgnchsr36

#168 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Congrats on getting your braces off!!! Too exciting!!

Ellebraced

#169 Post by Ellebraced »

THANKS EVERYBODY. I love this website, it was a huge support for me during my braces journey.

So I have been brace free 3 weeks and ITS AWESOME!!!!! I had a very busy last three weeks but actually home for a change and cooking again and feeling like my old self. I was depressed with my braces and just not feeling like myself. I know its really silly because its just braces and they are temporary and doing a good thing but UGHHHHHHHHHH I HATED MY BRACES , they just sucked. I hated eating, I hated cooking, I hated smiling, I hated meeting people ....just UGHHHHHHH!!!! I felt so ugly and awkward.

So the first week in my upper hawley retainer was PAINFUL on my cheeks, I thought I was allergic to it, it was like having braces, I had huge chunks of skin missing in my mouth and the wire near the back molar band was digging a huge hole in my cheek, OUCH but things are good now. I find it hard to enjoy a drink or a coffee because you want to get it back in ASAP as I have to wear 24/7 for 6 weeks (only 3 weeks to go) but compared to braces its awesome, my teeth are white again. I got them cleaned this week and they are looking really good.

The funny thing was all the imperfections I still saw with braces on the last day all went away when the braces came off. They are not perfect but they are a HUGE improvement and I am very proud to smile. I can close my mouth easier, chewing into things is better. I am VERY VERY HAPPY.

I have a small overbite not noticeable like my previous 10mm overbite, my midline is off a bit but only by a mm when I have a closed bite.

I have to post pics, when I tried on the day I got them off it would not let me post, so hopefully tomorrow i can take some good pics.

Thanks again for your support, still thinking of all my braced friends and knowing you will love the day you get them off

Elle-unbraced!!!

PS Nobody really notices you get them off LOL , I have had some people say things but with the wire retainer maybe they don't notice

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

Lizzie365

#170 Post by Lizzie365 »

I love reading threads like this.. reassures me it's all worth it.

Enjoy your new smile :D

Kipepeo

#171 Post by Kipepeo »

Congrats Elle. I'm really hating my braces lately, especially the uppers.

luchababe

#172 Post by luchababe »

Hey! Writing up my debracing story made me think of you. I didn't realize you got yours off a few weeks ago. Congrats! The forum here didn't feel like telling me you updated your thread.

I see where you're coming from with the imperfections thing. Mine aren't perfect at the end but that's find. They're SO much better than before, my TMJ is in better shape and teeth touch where the should touch. I think this is just how my teeth are and will be. This is how my head was designed to be. Without extractions I think it's a pretty good result. (I got mine off yesterday)

Now I get to worry about them looking a little yellow or a little transparent around the edges. I really forget how they used to look before the braces went on!

:mrgreen:

Ellebraced

#173 Post by Ellebraced »

Hey Luchababe

I didn't get informed either from the thread you got yours off. So excited for you. I still have to post pics on here. I am soooooo happy to be almost 6 weeks bracefree, I think I have gained 10 pounds from enjoying eating again.

I waited 4 weeks for a cleaning and so glad I did my teeth were a little sensitive. I have used whitening crest mouth wash with good results. My teeth are not perfect, midline a bit off when I bite and when jaw relaxed midline is even more off but who cares. No one is looking at my teeth that closely I hope. My wonky tooth is gone and that is all the matters.

Thanks Lizzie and Kipepeo, Cat, linone and Jude and everyone who commented. I know I owe you guys pics LOL maybe next week

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

luchababe

#174 Post by luchababe »

I thought my first meals without braces would matter, but really it's just the act of eating ANYTHING is a celebration!

I really appreciate your honesty about hating your braces. I hated mine too, but kept telling myself it's for good cause, it's not so bad, some days were better than others, but really, I didn't like them.

I'm chewing whitening gum (who know if it works, but hey, I can chew gum now!) and will get some whitening strips after I get my teeth properly cleaned in december. Thought that best since the plaque and junk will all be gone then.

:mrgreen:

BraceFace2o1o

#175 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Congrats Ellebraced! I'd love to see pics when you can... I enjoy seeing peoples before and afters, gets me excited to have mine off.

Oh Ellebraced and Luchababe... I hate my braces too. They can be a right pain in the ***. I really cannot wait to get rid of them.

I can also see imperfections with my teeth, they'll never be perfect but I hope I can feel better about them once mine are off. It's probably something no one else will notice but only yourself. I look at peoples afters and think WOWEE and cannot see anything wrong but the OP says they can.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

Dee17

#176 Post by Dee17 »

Elle, I just came across your thread tonight. Can not TELL you how much I enjoyed reading it. I think that going through the process with a sense of humour is very important. I am scheduled to get my braces put on this Thursday, October 25th and I am TOTALLY dreading it and the whole experience. BUT, after reading your posting,I think I might just head over to the LCBO tomorrow and pick up a nice bottle of wine or some Bailey's Irish Cream to have on hand. I've been spending a a lot of time trying to process how I'm going to live through the next two weeks, let alone the next two years. My orthodontist is putting molar buildups on bracket day and I've been in a complete panic about that. But I'll flag your posting and will come back to it when I need a pick me up. Thank you. Glad to know you survived your two years in braces.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/