Braces at 31; chocolate's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chocomorsel

Re: Braces at 31; chocolate's story

#46 Post by chocomorsel »

A decade later and I need to open up my bottom teeth. They ended up too far back, I ended up with a deep bite and now I spit when I talk, I sometimes literally drool and my tongue although has gotten used to the cramped space still struggles for room.
Looking for an orthodontist now who can do my bottoms and give my tongue more space. Should have done it a few years ago. But oh well. And I don't have access to the old pictures anymore.
Wish I had never pulled teeth at all.

Nabba786r

#47 Post by Nabba786r »

chocomorsel wrote:
> A decade later and I need to open up my bottom teeth. They ended up too
> far back, I ended up with a deep bite and now I spit when I talk, I
> sometimes literally drool and my tongue although has gotten used to the
> cramped space still struggles for room.
> Looking for an orthodontist now who can do my bottoms and give my tongue
> more space. Should have done it a few years ago. But oh well. And I
> don't have access to the old pictures anymore.
> Wish I had never pulled teeth at all.

Hi I currently have Damon braces for an over jet the ortho said he will do it without extractions and if necessary later down the stage if we need to he will extract but he wants to do the treatment without any extractions based on your experience do you think I will still get a good result.

chocomorsel

#48 Post by chocomorsel »

Nabba786r wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:52 am chocomorsel wrote:
> A decade later and I need to open up my bottom teeth. They ended up too
> far back, I ended up with a deep bite and now I spit when I talk, I
> sometimes literally drool and my tongue although has gotten used to the
> cramped space still struggles for room.
> Looking for an orthodontist now who can do my bottoms and give my tongue
> more space. Should have done it a few years ago. But oh well. And I
> don't have access to the old pictures anymore.
> Wish I had never pulled teeth at all.

Hi I currently have Damon braces for an over jet the ortho said he will do it without extractions and if necessary later down the stage if we need to he will extract but he wants to do the treatment without any extractions based on your experience do you think I will still get a good result.
It's been so long that I don't remember what was so special about Damon braces. Whatever the case, I would recommend against extractions after what I am experiencing. Are you trying to decrease the fullness of your profile? I like my profile now better but hate how far back my bottom teeth are.

Nabba786r

#49 Post by Nabba786r »

Yeah my orthodontist is avoiding the extractions unless necessary, and with my profile from the side my upper lip sticks out due to the overjet so I’m having them teeth pushed back and my lower jaw slightly moved forward to bring them in line if that makes sense. What’s the reason you would say avoid extractions is it due to facial structure or your profile or just in general when it comes to eating etc.

Thanks for the reply!!

chocomorsel

#50 Post by chocomorsel »

Nabba786r wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:23 pm Yeah my orthodontist is avoiding the extractions unless necessary, and with my profile from the side my upper lip sticks out due to the overjet so I’m having them teeth pushed back and my lower jaw slightly moved forward to bring them in line if that makes sense. What’s the reason you would say avoid extractions is it due to facial structure or your profile or just in general when it comes to eating etc.

Thanks for the reply!!
There's a reason we are supposed to have 28-32 teeth in our mouths. I don't know what that reason is, but there's a reason. My chin now sits way too far back and I spit when I talk which was not a problem for me in the past. I also sometimes even drool when I talk, another problem that started after braces. If your top teeth are the only ones that stick out then yea, move them back. If your back teeth need to come forward to meet them, sounds like a plan to me. I miss my old smile honeslty. I think if I had waited a few more years, maybe till I was in my mid - late 30's I may have just done a mild job on my teeth and left the rest alone. Just like one time I really wanted big boobs, and now think that's ridiculous. My profile with my mouth closed looks fine from the side altough my chin looks a little receded. But when I smile from the front, I prefer my old smile.
What I don't understand is why once my bottoms where extracted they couldn't stop the process of moving them back at a certain point when they met with the uppers and then move the molars forward to close the gaps that way. Instead of continuing the process till the bottoms were way too far back. I look funny now when I talk I think. But I really hate the spitting and drooling because I talk extremely fast and don't have enough time I guess for the spit to collect towards the back of my mouth. I don't know.

Nabba786r

#51 Post by Nabba786r »

That is a very good point about having certain amount of teeth in your mouth I’m currently going through my braces now I’ve had them on for a week nearly now. From what I’ve been told my arches will widen create space for my top teeth to go back and my lower arch will be widened to for a wide smile but my lower jaw brought forward slightly to meet as my top teeth gets pushed back if that makes sense I couldn’t see the pics you sent on this forum do you have an email? Or if you could emails me them? To nabba7862@me.com if possible. I know my dentist is saying he won’t do extractions unless really necessary but I’ve read a lot about extractions and later down the stage a lot of people have issues with them so I’m going to avoid them at all costs now I’m thinking. The only thing with my side profile is my upper lip sticks out and my lower feels more hidden if that makes sense not totally hidden but in comparison to my upper and I hate that so hopefully that can be fixed as my gums will be pushed back from my upper jaw