Another braces story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luchababe

Re: Another braces story

#121 Post by luchababe »

9 Months today. 9 months and about 2.5 hours to be more exact. I got them put on Oct 28, 2011 and they were ON by 11am.

I'm too lazy and bummed to post my monthly photo. I don't see ANY changes in my bottom front teeth. If they moved as fast as they did when they first started moving I could be done by my next ortho appointment in 3 weeks. But I don't see that happening. I'M SO CLOSE. Goodness know what kind of fine tuning he has planned, the kind of stuff HE can see by I can't.

Bleh.

QueenElizabeth

#122 Post by QueenElizabeth »

9 months! Congrats! How much longer do you need to have them on for?
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
-Bob Marley

luchababe

#123 Post by luchababe »

QueenElizabeth wrote:9 months! Congrats! How much longer do you need to have them on for?
Hiya! Goodness knows how much longer. I was quoted 24 months on paper but everyone is so different I think that's just a ballpark number.

luchababe

#124 Post by luchababe »

Mellon farmer! Or if you prefer, Monday to Friday!

Had another ortho visit today. I was expecting more, even my worksheet had a few extra lines of tech talk I didn't understand so I assumed I'd have some work done. NOPE. He wants to let the bottom wire play out for another 4 weeks to get the roots right. But the kicker is I now have to wear another elastic on my right side in the opposite direction to the one I've been wearing for the past 9 weeks. So the new one goes from the bottom canine at the front to the top molar at the back. Yeesh. He explained why and it does makes sense. He said the muscles in your jaw are really elasticy so he overcorrects the bite. That way when the elastics come out your jaw will settle back into just the right place. He said the way my jaw feels after having the elastic out for a little bit after I eat is normal since it's just shifting back to where it thinks it needs to be. So by teaching it to go further than where it has to go, when it settles, it will settle in the correct spot. Makes sense to me but it's still awkward.

So here's to another long 4 weeks until my next visit.

:roll:

bashiera

#125 Post by bashiera »

Amazing story, very inspiring! I just got my uppers done yesterday morning to prep for impaction surgery, and I've been miserable! But see your teeth go from beginning to now is amazing and makes me want to grin (haha, yeah right) and bare it. I also have to say, AMAZING illustrations! I would pay more than 10 dollars to get a picture from you, they're fantastic! Can't wait to see your new progress!

luchababe

#126 Post by luchababe »

Othro appointment #11 this morning.

Had a new Xray done today. Instead of biting down on a metal stick, they stuck sticks in my ears to keep my head still. I have a powerchain back on the top teeth and one on the bottom too. No repositioning of brackets or new wires, but he torqued the current wire to help pull my bottom teeth up straighter. He said he can live with the top teeth as is but he's confident he can straighten up my bottom teeth to a certain degree without pulling teeth, but he could do better if some teeth were out. He said he'll see me again in 2 weeks and we can decide then. I said "No teeth pulled. Decided." So he laughed and said ok then did the wire and powerchain thing. So I saved myself 2 extra weeks waiting. And I don't have to wear elastics for a while! I'm free! For at least 4 weeks until I go back again.

drgnchsr36

#127 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Did he give you a time estimate of how much longer?

luchababe

#128 Post by luchababe »

drgnchsr36 wrote:Did he give you a time estimate of how much longer?
I asked if I was past the half way point and he just smiled, nodded gently and said "Sure." Which to me meant that it's possible I'm half way done but he doesn't want to commit to anything so I won't be disappointed or angry if things go longer than he thought.

drgnchsr36

#129 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I've noticed that orthos don't like to commit on anything related to time... kinda frustrating. But, I know each patient must be different depending on how fast your teeth more, etc. I just wish they could give a general timeline...

luchababe

#130 Post by luchababe »

11 Months Today
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My bottom teeth are ever so slowly creeping into place. Not nearly as fast as I'd like but I haven't looked at my monthly photos for 3 months to compare and I can see a little bit of movement from not having examined things.

Ellebraced

#131 Post by Ellebraced »

Just checking out some older blogs I missed this summer and WOW!!!! Your teeth look AMAZING (as always but even better), and almost done??? You must be sooooo happy and hoping they come off early??

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

luchababe

#132 Post by luchababe »

Ellebraced wrote:Just checking out some older blogs I missed this summer and WOW!!!! Your teeth look AMAZING (as always but even better), and almost done??? You must be sooooo happy and hoping they come off early??
I don't think the end is any time soon but thanks for asking. My stoopid bottom teeth are just taking forEEEEEVER to get straight and level. Plus I think I'm in for at least a few more months with elastics. I'll find out this coming tuesday what's in store for the next four weeks when I'm back for another ortho appointment.

luchababe

#133 Post by luchababe »

ImageImage

1 year to the day yesterday, 1 year to the date today. How's about that? When I first posted my first day image I couldn't see myself sitting here with them still on posting another image but here I am. There has been remarkable improvement but things have really slowed down. It's just my front bottom teeth that still time to straighten out. But I'm back into elastics for a while and powerchains all over the place so my bite is closing and shifting and lots of little gaps are disappearing. I celebrated yesterday by going to a scheduled dentist appointment and had another good cleaning. My teeth ached afterwards, like she removed just enough plaque to make room for things to move a bit more. Weird. But now they've pointed out I have some wear on my top from teeth above the brackets and to make sure I brush softly. Well, I AM AND HAVE ALWAYS DONE so I dunno what's going on. I'm assuming it's happened in the past 3 months since my last cleaning so I hope I've caught it in time to stop whatever it is I was doing. :Questions:

I think I'll buy myself something pretty this weekend as an anniversary gift.

drgnchsr36

#134 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Wow, your teeth look great!!! You should go out and buy something special :) I think I'll do that to at my year mark...

luchababe

#135 Post by luchababe »

drgnchsr36 wrote:Wow, your teeth look great!!! You should go out and buy something special :) I think I'll do that to at my year mark...
You could do it twice since you technically have 2 brace days!