Shelby's Story :)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

llehsal

#31 Post by llehsal »

Sooooo...these have been a couple of tumultuous months I must admit!!! I have had my up days where I forgot them there, then I had the down days (alot more than good ones) where I had bruised cheeks, pokey wires, wobbly and achey teeth.

I another adjustment on Thursday and other than that it has been pretty much uneventful. I have in mint green ligs at the moment...hehehe..

My progress have been amazing and as such all the other pains and so forth disappear..hehe...See pics below as of today.

Front View

Bottom View

Top View

Shelby's Braces Story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=35311

mikesmile

#32 Post by mikesmile »

Hi Shelby :D

I just read your story right up to the present... 8) Somehow I missed it earlier. Your progress pics are amazing!!! When you see so much movement, (and in such a short time) then you know it's really worth all the pain and inconvenience. Your teeth already look awesome!

By the way, I love your mint green ligs! :wink: I'm sporting them at the moment myself... :roll: ...gotta have fun with it, right?

Lots of luck with your treatment...

Mike

Second Time In Braces - Estimate 12-14 Months :)

llehsal

#33 Post by llehsal »

Tell me about it Mike. I had another adjustment yesterday and now I am heavily using wax...lol....I have in a lilac colour, but miss my bright green :( . My progress have really really surprised me, I cant wait for the end result :)

In the mean time, will post pics later when I get home from the office :)

See you!

catgyrl

#34 Post by catgyrl »

Hi Shelby!

I'm so glad you posted more pics; I was wondering how you were progressing. You look like you're having FABULOUS progress!! Your upper arch looks perfect - I hope mine can even come close to looking like yours. And your lower gap looks like it's almost closed. I have a feeling I'll have my gap until sometime next year. haha

I'd love to see your lilac colored ligs. :D

-Cathy

llehsal

#35 Post by llehsal »

My Lord...I just came on to check my page and I started from the very top and can't believe the state my teeth were in......seems like some sort of surreal moment.....were those really my teeth???? Can't believe the progress I have had in such a short space of time....wow.....kudos to my ortho....(and to me for fighting up to do everything as instructed).

llehsal

#36 Post by llehsal »

Soooooo....today was yet another adjustment. I, a few days ago, commented on someone's post re: no excitement going on. Well, did I talk too fast. Today my top archwire was changed to something supposedly stronger. It has these two weird hook thingies that keeps trapping my top lip every time I smile or talk...talk about ANNOYING!!! But that's not the biggest problem. My bottom jaw is on fire I tell you. I feel like I am back to the beginning with my lisp and all as even my tongue touching the teeth is painful.

I will post pics pretty soon so you can see my BRIGHT teal ligs. OMG, they are over the top. LOL. Other than this and a few days of no eating, everything seems fine. My teeth are moving along well, but are somewhat stained due to my avid tea and coffee drinking. I was scolded so for now I'm making an effort to hold off or cut down on it. The joys.

Talk to you guys soon :)

SilverGirl

#37 Post by SilverGirl »

I just read through your story, and your pictures are AMAZING!!! Your teeth look gorgeous! I'm so excited to see them, because my top right tooth is like yours was at the beginning, overlapping the other, and I can't believe it is straight after such a short amount of time.

Thanks for sharing!

llehsal

#38 Post by llehsal »

So here are the promised pics :) ...... Have in Teal ligs now....really bright...haha....but I love 'em. I'm really loving my progress :)...Don't mind the slight blurriness...took them with a phone :).

Front

Bottom
[/img]

catgyrl

#39 Post by catgyrl »

Shelby-

Your teeth look truly FABULOUS!! Can I please have them? :lol:

Remember how apprehensive you were about your extraction? Now, it's all closed up! And your teal ligs are gorgeous, especially with your skin tone. You're very lucky you can wear such bright colors and have them look nice. I've been scared to try colors... but I think I'm going to do it this week! Tired of ligs that look nice for about a week or two, then ... yuck!

Congrats!!
-Cathy

llehsal

#40 Post by llehsal »

Thanks guys! My teeth are really achey these days for some reason. Also one tooth is extremely sensitive, but I feel its a botched job the dentist did with the filling before I had the braces done. I'd have to pay him a visit. I have my next appt next Thursday and I'm not a happy camper. That few extra days of pain. Yuck!! I'd post pics when I have it done :)

ShySmile

#41 Post by ShySmile »

Looking good! :-#)

llehsal

Re: Shelby's Story :)

#42 Post by llehsal »

Omg. Soooo today I finally have something different happen since the last time I posted. Well my teeth were in top shape for the last few months, however I realised a few weeks ago, one of the bottom incisors began shifting away from the others on the left and created a space. Now it looks like it also came forward a bit and out of line with the others. That however, I hope can and will be fixed soon. My ortho didn't look concerned this morning when he saw it though, so I guess that's ok.

In other news, I got an elastic on the right side for the first time. The assistant simply gave me a mirror to hold so I could see what she was doing and gave me a pack of extra bands, and that was it. I was then like...uuuuummmm what do I do with these, how long does it stay on...what..what?!?! Only then she gave me the guidelines...like...what??? Then finally I left and tried to yawn. Big mistake..that was just awful....I seem to be talking ok...but I can't laugh out loud (which I love to do and do alll the time).

Then there is the eating aspect...I just could not eat breakfast this morning comfortably....I had to break everything into even SMALLER pieces to eat it. Not cool. I have them in till end of March. I'm not sure they will be left on or what. Yay me huh. But question, do these slacken after a while? Do you get used to it? What happens? I just can't see myself this way for a month.

Will post pics later this evening when I get off work.

Chao :)

anxiousgirl

#43 Post by anxiousgirl »

Your progress is fantastic. You have beautiful teeth!

stepher7

#44 Post by stepher7 »

Your teeth are looking great!!