Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kipepeo

Re: Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

#661 Post by Kipepeo »

Cathy, you are so pretty. And I commend you for losing the weight. I know several people who have done this with miracle stories like yours. I lost just 30 lbs a couple years ago with diet and a new exercise routine, and I know what you mean about the confidence booster. Way to go for you. And thanks for checking back in. I'm still plugging along with all the hardware!!!

I'm inspired that you report things have settled nicely for you. I hope I have the same type of results. Great to hear from you. :D

catgyrl

#662 Post by catgyrl »

Thank you, Kip!

I just realized... I started this story when I was 42, and now I'm (gulp!) 45!! Yikes!

iBorg

#663 Post by iBorg »

But a very pretty 45 year old...... :)

Your smile looks great. Overall you have a very friendly appearance. You appear to have done very well in taking care of yourself.

CONGRATS!
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

klobird

#664 Post by klobird »

CAT!!! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!

You really look AMAZING!! Yes braces does wonders for self-esteem!! I got in the elevator at work and another really classy lady got in. I didn't want to smile and then I remembered-- My smile is probably better than hers!! It felt great!!

jem

#665 Post by jem »

Hi Catgyrl,

You look great! Good to hear from you and Klobird again. You were two of the regulars when I was starting and I enjoyed following your posts.

It is great that getting braces also helped inspire you towards weight loss too. I could do with losing 15-20 pounds. I am scheduled to be debraced on 22 July. It would be great to think that I could get rid of my brace and my flab before my birthday in August.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

SunshineRay

#666 Post by SunshineRay »

You are beautiful! I agree that your look seems very friendly and inviting.