Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CleoAZ

Re: Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

#556 Post by CleoAZ »

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Congrats on a debracing light at the end of your tunnel! So exciting!!

Kipepeo

#557 Post by Kipepeo »

Lucky duck!

Ellebraced

#558 Post by Ellebraced »

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Isn't it weird to think you will be "NORMAL" with naked teeth in only a couple weeks. Feels like we have no idea what it feels like LOL. Can't wait to hear your debrace day blog!! Are you getting anxious knowing the end is near??

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

BraceFace2o1o

#559 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Congrats on getting your debrace date! So exciting :D I can't wait for mine.

Your teeth look great, I would be very happy with those teeth!

I think we had a similar thing going on with our upper central incisors. Mine seems to have been corrected now and has made my black triangle smaller, although not completely gone... I think I can live with it though.

Look forward to reading how your debanding appointment goes :)
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

catgyrl

#560 Post by catgyrl »

Thank you, ladies! (Kipepeo - QUACK! QUACK! LOL)

I'm getting a little anxious about my next appointment. I don't want to chicken out of getting braced (yeah, can you believe I could possibly do that?) I don't want to be so nit-picky about little things, that I end up spending a few more months in braces. If I could just go in at the end of this week, I'd be all set to get them off. I guess I need to just not obsess, and stop looking in the mirror. I do still have a teeny, tiny overjet, that is only noticeable when I tilt my head waaaaaaaay back. I have rather small teeth, so I rather like that you can still see my teeth when I smile. I think if he pushed them back any more, I'd have a flat smile.

Okay, that settles it! Unless he gives me a really hard time, these puppies will be off in one month. I plan to snatch up the first available appointment he has after Friday, August 3rd. Would be great if he was open the next day (Saturday). He has 2 offices: one close to me, and one waaaay far away. I'd even go to the far away one, if it meant getting them off in a day. :-*

Kipepeo

#561 Post by Kipepeo »

Why in the world are you tilting your head waaaaaaaay back? Even lucky ducks don't do that.

klobird

#562 Post by klobird »

YIPPPEEEEE!!!! Cat--I am so happy for you--and sooooo jealous!! (A good jealous!!)

I want to know what is in that goody bag!! Our office always posts a congratulations picture on their website, and they are all holding a goody bag...I am soooo curious!!

I feel like you are one who I can really ask what it's like after you get your braces off, and you will be honest and detailed. I can't wait to hear!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING A DATE!!

catgyrl

#563 Post by catgyrl »

@Kipepeo: :D I think it's just a habit I've gotten into. Taking all these pics from crazy angles, it's become a habit to look at my teeth from all angles (even angles no one but my ortho sees). I really must stop that. I have days where I'm perfectly happy with my teeth... and I have days where I nitpick every little thing. I'm hoping I'm not in a nitpicky mood when I go in next month.

@Klo - Oh, you KNOW I will be here with every single detail! And I will absolutely INSIST on a goodie bag. I've never been included in any of the contests (Best Tooth Brusher of the Month, etc.), but I surely want my goodie bag. I asked a good friend (who had braces 20 years ago) how the debanding was, and all she could say was "PAINFUL". Then again, she had braces back when they did "tightening", so I don't really trust her opinion. Haha

My next decision: Whitening! I've been looking around, and BriteSmile in my area costs $350. I've heard mostly bad things about it, in that it could be rather painful during and afterward. I'm also scared of that blue light. :oops: My dentist's office told me they could give me custom-made trays and bleaching gel at a cost of $250. Then there's Crest WhiteStrips, that can cost an upwards of $60.00 (for the 5-day treatment). Whichever method I choose, I must do something.

Teeth are very expensive... :(

starfish88

#564 Post by starfish88 »

So excited for you! Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. My sister got her braces off 5 years ago and said debanding wasn't even as sore as an adjustment so I wouldn't worry. Love to hear whats in the goodybag too...hope its not just retainers! :-*

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

EbonyQ

#565 Post by EbonyQ »

Wow! How great! I’m so happy for you! :thumbsup: :jump: :jump: :jump: :-)o :-)o

And I hope you still will bring some time on this forum, it won’t be the same without you.
I’m crossing my fingers for you! :thumbsup:

[/url]

catgyrl

#566 Post by catgyrl »

@starfish88: Thank you so much for the well wishes! I specifically asked if there was CANDY in the goodie bag, and she said, "Oh yeah!" It's going to feel so strange eating normally... with teeth that actually meet together. Thanks also for the info about your sister's debanding. I did have my upper metals removed once and replaced with ceramic, and I didn't even feel them come off. He clipped all of them off at once (with the wire still hooked on!). The one ceramic bracket I had to replace... well, that wasn't too fun. It shattered all over the place, and she scraped a lot to get the glue off. No bueno. :(

@EbonyQ: Girl, you know I'll stick around here for a while. I have to make sure you make it to the end! Got my cheerleader pom-poms all ready! :jump:

TinkB

#567 Post by TinkB »

catgyrl wrote:@Kipepeo: :D I think it's just a habit I've gotten into. Taking all these pics from crazy angles, it's become a habit to look at my teeth from all angles (even angles no one but my ortho sees). I really must stop that. I have days where I'm perfectly happy with my teeth... and I have days where I nitpick every little thing. I'm hoping I'm not in a nitpicky mood when I go in next month.

@Klo - Oh, you KNOW I will be here with every single detail! And I will absolutely INSIST on a goodie bag. I've never been included in any of the contests (Best Tooth Brusher of the Month, etc.), but I surely want my goodie bag. I asked a good friend (who had braces 20 years ago) how the debanding was, and all she could say was "PAINFUL". Then again, she had braces back when they did "tightening", so I don't really trust her opinion. Haha

My next decision: Whitening! I've been looking around, and BriteSmile in my area costs $350. I've heard mostly bad things about it, in that it could be rather painful during and afterward. I'm also scared of that blue light. :oops: My dentist's office told me they could give me custom-made trays and bleaching gel at a cost of $250. Then there's Crest WhiteStrips, that can cost an upwards of $60.00 (for the 5-day treatment). Whichever method I choose, I must do something.

Teeth are very expensive... :(
One of the assistants at my dentist office said to try the Crest WhiteStripes first. She said to follow the directions of the stripes and don't over do it. Also, use Sensodyne a few weeks before using the stripes, during and after. She said that all the bleaching stuff makes your teeth sensitive.

Congrats on getting closer to debanding!!!!! :-*
Metal brackets & 4 bands on May 12, 2011
4 Premolars Extracted on May 20, 2011
Fully braced on May 25, 2011
My sentence - 24 to 30 months

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=39348

catgyrl

#568 Post by catgyrl »

Thank you very much, TinkB! I think you have just saved me $200-$300. :D I'm going to start using my Sensodyne this week, so I will be prepared. I'm sure I have a tube somewhere. I have enough toothpaste around here to choke a horse (old people's expression). LOL

starfish88

#569 Post by starfish88 »

The main complaint with the crest strips that I have heard is that if your teeth arn't straight its easier to miss patches. Well thats not going to be a problem now! Good luck!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

anngie27

#570 Post by anngie27 »

I used crest white strips several years ago and I ended up needed two boxes to get them white. I found that the first box didn't do the trick, but two boxes, was worth it. Was a little difficult to use at the time since my teeth were crooked, but I managed to get good results.
So if one box doesn't work, try a second round.