Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chocolate1978

Re: Catgyrl's (Cathy's) Journey at age 42...

#646 Post by chocolate1978 »

So Happy for you Cathy. Your teeth are amazing. You must be elated.
Chocomorsel/Chocolate1978
Here's my braces story
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37838

Kipepeo

#647 Post by Kipepeo »

Quack!

Looks fabulous. I'm so envious. Enjoy your new, beautiful you!

Jethro

#648 Post by Jethro »

Congrats! Your smile looks fantastic. And welcome to the wonderful world of retainers...ha-ha!
All the best.

Jethro

catgyrl

#649 Post by catgyrl »

Thanks, everyone! :mrgreen:

I'm on my 3rd try with the Whitestrips. The "zingers" are much less frequent and not as strong as they were the first day. Seems to be working great!

@Jethro - I may sound like a freak, but I LOVE MY RETAINERS! Well, not the bonded one so much, but it's alright. I forget its there most of the time. I love my Essix, though! It fits great, is getting easier to remove, and actually makes my teeth look better when it's in, than when it's out. I should email my ortho to let him know.

EbonyQ

#650 Post by EbonyQ »

Go got them off!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart: :heart: :heart:
How do you enjoy your free teeth?

Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers that I will make it to the end (one day in the future lol :mrgreen: ) and thanks for the support! It means a lot to me :heart:

[/url]

BraceFace2o1o

#651 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

It only just clicked that you got your braces off recently after reading your replies in Tims thread :oops: so just been searching through the last few pages of your story to find your after photos. Found them and wow what a brilliant result, your teeth look great!
catgyrl wrote: * No more elastics (snapping, making my jaw and head ache, rubbing the inside of my mouth)
* No more brackets making indentations and sores in my mouth
* No more hooks and pokey wires
* No more floss threaders (well, maybe for the bottom teeth that will be permanently retained)
* No more food getting stuck here, there and everywhere
Amen to that!
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

kitsune

#652 Post by kitsune »

Hi Cathy,

I just wanted to wish you a super big congratulations on your braces removal!! :-)o Your teeth look absolutely lovely! I can't wait until the day that I am in your shoes. :wink:

Noni

#653 Post by Noni »

Hi Cathy , your teeth looks amazing .

I was looking to know for someone who has their bite corrected , how does it feel when you are resting your upper teeth on the lower , can you explain what exactly touches together .

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

BraceFace2o1o

#654 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Hi Cathy, me again lol

You did once have zigzag elastics? What were they for? I have an almost class II on my right side (but no overjet) caused by my lower midline being off to the right and I have been put in zigzag elastics on the right side (starting from lower 1st molar - upper 2nd bicuspid - lower 2nd bicuspid - upper 1st bicuspid - lower 1st bicuspid - upper canine). I am worried this elastic configuration will shift my upper arch to the right when really what I need is the lower arch to shift to the left, my upper midline is almost perfect so I don't want it moving.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

Roboto

#655 Post by Roboto »

Ahhh, Cathy, my toothy twin! Your smile is phenomenal!!!! Belated congrats!!!

I had the glue scraped off just one tooth yesterday (in order to reapply a bracket) and now I'm kind of dreading the process of getting the rest of them off!! It was really uncomfortable. I'll just keep looking at your smile and try to forget the impending doom lol

HeyBuckey!

#656 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Cathy!!!!!

This is super duper duper duper late! I turned into a total ghost after getting debanded and figured I should check up on you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're teeth look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I'm so happy your Ortho didn't spaz out on you either before you got them off too!!!! I'll try to keep up with the board but a lot has happened since I've last been on so, I'll look out for a response...if I remember (I'm such a horrible person!!!) :-P

And you have to tell he how the whitening goes or has gone!

Ciao and welcome to the club!!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

BracedSurgeryStudent

#657 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

WOW! You got your braces off congratts! Well I guess college and the science building kidnapped me from knowing that. Looks great <3
Jenn Medeiros

Kipepeo

#658 Post by Kipepeo »

Cathy, it's been a long time since you posted. How is everything going with your new beautiful smile?

BracedSurgeryStudent

#659 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Looks amazing, I feel dumb I did not realize your braces came off already.
Jenn Medeiros

catgyrl

#660 Post by catgyrl »

Well, HI, everyone!

I know I haven't been on here in AGES!! I have a lot of catching up to do.

I can't believe it's been almost 1 year since my debracing. I don't even remember how they felt anymore, believe it or not. As for my retainer wear, I had to wear the upper Essix 24-7 for the first 3 months (which I faithfully did). At my 3-month check, he said everything looked great, and I had the cleanest 3-month retainer he'd ever seen. I was very diligent with my cleaning every night. After that, I graduated to nighttime-only wear. Well... that didn't happen. I was lucky if I wore it 2-3 nights a week. I got lazy, like many people do, and just didn't feel like wearing it. But a month or so ago, just prior to my last check, I started wearing it every night (man, was it TIGHT!), and he said everything still looked great. My next (and last) check will be 1 year from now, and then I'm on my own.

My teeth look even better now than when I was debraced. :D Everything has settled in nicely, and I LOVE smiling for pics now! I think fixing my teeth kickstarted a huge self-improvement thing for me, because this past January 2013, I underwent a gastric bypass surgery and to date, I've lost 70 pounds. 10-15 more pounds to go to hit my goal, and I could not be happier. I almost don't recognize myself sometimes (in a GOOD way).

I've never regretted for a second getting my braces. The time just flew by, and now I'm so happy to see some of my buddies here have also gotten debraced. I need to go catch up on your stories. To those of you who stopped by to read my story, encourage me, put up with my griping... THANK YOU!!

Cathy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.