Scared Little School Girl

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

drgnchsr36

Re: Scared Little School Girl

#271 Post by drgnchsr36 »

opera^gal wrote:Ugh..raining here too..endlessly...

Same wave length thought patterns towards dental professionals...sounds like a sci-fi monster epic.."They Thought with Their Throbbing Teeth"..coming soon in 3-D (for dental) to an exam chair near you! :BigGrin:
aCk! That sounds like a horror movie. :p

jensceana73

#272 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok....I've been having an issue that last night.....just about broke some teeth...NO LIE! :yikes:

My mouth has been "snapping" shut. Now the only way I know how to explain this is...well, like an alligator snapping it's jaw shut...around, oh....someones arm? :shock: SNAP. I can't control it. SNAP. Anyway, I've had this issue before, like a couple months back. It wasn't too bad, and only happened a couple times. SNAP. I did think is was a bit strange, just because all of a sudden, my jaw would snap shut. SNAP. But...I just figured it was some lovely part of having braces. And then, it went away before I had a chance to ask my ortho about it and, I just forgot all about it.
Well, after my last appointment, a couple days later, it did it again. SNAP. I didn't think much about it as I've experienced it before, but....this time around....it's a much harder "SNAP".
So the last night, I was going off into la la land, and right as I was just beyond not being awake, but not quite yet totally asleep.....SNAP :o and my freakin mother lovin GOD....it about busted all my side teeth. It was such a hard SNAP, and loud too, I thought for sure I broke some teeth. I leapt up in bed and grabbed my mouth....it hurt like a muvva!! :soremouth: Why...o why.....is this happening? SNAP. And should I be concerned? SNAP.

Now, my teeth haven't hurt in about a week or so. But out of the blue this morning, my top left 2 are seriously tender. I went to bite down on some toast this morning....TOAST for pete's sake.....and yowwzees.....I was like..."OK, well....that'll be a nadda, guess I'll have some yogurt. Wow...something new..... not."

My bite, I swear to you....changes on a daily basis lately. And what exactly is considerd a "normal" or "good" bite. Because if it's when your back molars are touching...none of my "side" teeth touch. But when my side teeth do touch, that is way more comfortable, yet....then my very back molars don't touch. Kookyness is going on in my mouth :huh: But....my teeth do fit waaayyyy better now, then they ever, ever did. It's just, where some teeth meet, it leaves others not even close, and then when I get the ones that weren't even close to meet, the other ones are off. Kookyness....KOOKYNESS I TELL YOU!!!! :crazy:

Oh Dear God.....will it all ever come together??? Will it? WILL IT????????

Hey, at least I have teeth.....I could be like the guy from deliverance....."lookin mighty pretty there boyee"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok...enough, I'm leaving now, my sick sense of humor is taking over.

Toodles Peeps......
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

opera^gal

#273 Post by opera^gal »

'you shhuuure got a purty mouth' (distant sound of banjo music heard here)

Might be ye olde crocodile SNAP is your jaw releasing tension you've held all day and not even been aware of it. I've had something similar both in braces and out..bad enough I did a real slice job on my tongue. As it sounds like it is mainly happening in that time just before sleep, it's like a leg jerk or the body twitch you get when you suddenly think you are falling, that can happen just prior to sleep. -OR- if it is accompanied with super dry skin, a desire to do death-rolls while eating, and/or a tick-tocking from your gullet when you are around one handed pirates..you *might* be going crocodilian :crazy:
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

iBorg

#274 Post by iBorg »

I'd get to my ortho and let them check it out. I do thing OG might be right, but its far better to be safe than sorry.
The bite issue is one you need to talk to your surgeon about.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jensceana73

#275 Post by jensceana73 »

Holy Sh*t balls......I've been banished to the second page??!!!!! :shock: I better get my crap-ol'a together and get on the ball.

Not much has been happening with my metal mouth. I see the ortho on Tuesday of next week and I am eager to get these RED ligs offfamymoutha!! I love having colored ligs....but I sure get tired of the color at about week....oh, 3.

The tooth that my ortho said he is trying to "tork", or "Jerry rig", or....get "kinky with", or whatever.....well that tooth, the gum on it has gotten really weird. The bracket on that tooth is right up against the gum, and since last week the gum has gotten really puffy. So I've been trying to spend extra time/care on that puppy, even using salt water rinses. It doesn't bleed, just looks like it's really p*ssed off and angry :x so I'm wondering if it has something to do with all the messing around it's been getting this month.....if that's even possible for the gum to get irritated while "me teefs is movin"????
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

jensceana73

#276 Post by jensceana73 »

WEEK 1 SMILE (APRIL 2010)

JULY 2011 SMILE

WEEK 1 BOTTOMS (APRIL 2010)

JULY 2011 BOTTOMS

WEEK 1 TOPS (APRIL 2010)

JULY 2011 TOPS

Ba....BAAAAMMMMMMMMM..... :-* BRACES ROCK...BRACES ROCK...YES THEY DO...YES THEY DO....BRACES ROCK...BRACES ROCK...YES THEY DO...YES THEY DO.... :jump: :jump:

Can ya tell.....I'm a bit excited.

Will post more tomorrow....had an ortho appointment today....dentist tomorrow. Lucky me. :soremouth:

iBorg

#277 Post by iBorg »

Its been so long since I heard from you or anyone from AW I thought I had been expelled. I agree with you, braces ROCK! After too many years ashamed of my smile and over a year wire free, I'm still excited most of the time I look at my teeth. Your smile is better than mine. Knowing how happy I am, you must be giddy!

Have you popped the question or your ortho given you a date for your big De-B Day?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jensceana73

#278 Post by jensceana73 »

Hello All!!!! :-1 :-1

It's been a while since I've really posted much of anything. Aside from those pic's last week. And...I'm sorry...but to be honest, there really hasn't been much....to say. Not much change, no excitement...not much of anything. Had some gum issues, those have been somewhat resolved.

I had an ortho appointment last Monday, and it probably was the quickest one I've had yet. Which was funny, because I was real irritated to go for some reason. I think it's cause I feel like nothings changing. Like...Like I have the slowest moving teeth in the entire universe. And these braces will be on....FOREVER!!!!! :x Anyway it went real smooth. Was very surprised. More "tork" going on. Whatever that is, or means...your guess is as good....as mine. Once again he said he was putting some "kinks" in my wire...and...once again, I can't see any. None. Zero. Zippo. Zilch. But, I watched him mess with the wire. He did it right in front of my face. Yep...could see clear up his nose while he was doing it. :huh: Quite lovely.
Sounds like next visit will be my "finishing wire" for my bottoms.???? Whatever that means? He made some comment about it being the last one, their "there". Ok...where? I didn't even know they made it....but I'll take his word on it. As for my slow ass tops....same ol same ol. Some "kinks", "tork", yadda....yadda....yadda frickin dadda.....said next time he'll be putting in a much thicker or heavier wire, that their "getting there...but not quite yet" Still confused....where should they be "going" and how will I know they have "stopped at the right area" (kidding here of course). More wire ties....top six teeth....and...and...elastics must be getting close, because he keeps commenting to the tech about..."next time...next time we need to introduce elastics"...gee, lucky me. Oh, yes and I just remembered....he said he is trying to "level" some of my teeth. ??? I'm soooo not quipped with ortho lingo. Not....at.....all. Anyway that was it....changed out ligs...changed out power chain and off I went...all in, I think under 20 minutes. It was awesome. No pain either. I little touchy the next couple days...but not bad..at all.
Then the next day I had a cleaning. And...that also, was the shortest appointment I have ever had for a cleaning. I mean......from start to finish...30 minutes...fluoride treatment included.

One thing I have noticed in looking at my pictures......my teeth are waaaaaaaayyyyyy more clean now than they ever were before. Sad it takes having braces for me to get serious about my oral hygiene. Oh well, just glad I have. Another good thing that's happening....my teeth no longer feel so "lose". I love, that that feeling has gone away. Wish I had more time to chat...but I'm off to frolic with the treadmill...out in my garage....in 97 degree weather.....with a heat index of 117. Hope I make it. :wink:

jenchien

#279 Post by jenchien »

Absolutely touching story, I hope the members here are very supportive.
But don't worry, down the line, you'll be glad to see that your teeth are perfectly aligned and better looking than everyone else in your circle.

jenchien

#280 Post by jenchien »

@ jensceana73

this is what happens when patience and virtue is all you have. Absolutely stunning results! Congrats!

klobird

#281 Post by klobird »

Hey Jen---NOPE!!---Mine are the slowest moving teeth in the ENTIRE universe!!!! 3 months in--1st adjustment next week--not a d*mn thing that I can see has happened yet!!! He said I could expect loose teeth--hahahaha-no---NOTHING!!
Now I'm probably going to have every torture device he can think of!!! :shock:

Congratulations to you :jump: --your teeth look fabulous!! And I love reading your blog--I laugh out loud...

klobird

#282 Post by klobird »

Oh ya Jen--forgot to mention--I've had elastics since day one...must have been on sale...

jensceana73

#283 Post by jensceana73 »

Hey y'all,

Sweating my bagunga's off here...so I thought I would relax for a moment and reply to Mr.Mike...
No...no de-bracing date as of yet..or, I'm sure anytime in the near decade. :roll: Not lying there..I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing these braces for my kids weddings. And their 12, 4, and 2. All....of their weddings. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jenchien, thanks for your support....Can't wait to hop on over to your story and check out your progress and saga!!!

Klobird, OK...your elastics comment made me laugh out loud!!! :crazy: :lol: Sad...very sad they had to push their overstock of elastics on you...poor thing :wink:
But...I am sorry...the slowest moving teeth award...Dun du dun daaaaaaa.....is ME!!!! tick............................tock....................tick.....................tock.....................................................tick..............................tock......"have they moved yet"......................tick........................tock...............................tick.............................tock.................. :-Z :-Z :-Z I have literally......LITERALLY...completely stopped even looking.....LOOKING......for movement on my tops, they've been the same for so long....and.......AND....the fact that my ortho keeps TELLING ME....I have the slowest moving teeth he's ever seen, pretty much confirms....I....am.....THE WINNER!!!!!! :rose: :rose: :rose:

Wait....wait....what's that I hear....shhhhhhhhhh, what.....tick.....................tock.............................tick.......................tock...........................tick.........................tock.......................tick...........................tock......................you get the picture. :roll: :roll:

klobird

#284 Post by klobird »

Well, I am going to be posting my 1st comparison pics next week after my 1st adjustment, and then we can see who REALLY has the slowest moving teeth on earth!!! I mean c'mon--after 3 months you would think the slightly crooked front tooth would be straight by now---hahahahahahahaha--I really have to use my imagination to see what my teeth will look like when I'm done (in about 7yrs)--ya, I'm going to be like one of those kids that have them from age 7 thru middle school...... :roll:

ladyrastafari

#285 Post by ladyrastafari »

i think this was one of the blogs i started reading.. i love seeing the changes in pics.. and wow.. your teeth are beautiful..