Scared Little School Girl

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

Re: Scared Little School Girl

#256 Post by iBorg »

Hey there Jenna, I dropped you part two of a pm on March 17. So far you haven't read it.

That bums me out so much I feel like chasing cats.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jensceana73

#257 Post by jensceana73 »

Don't be chasing cat's :yikes: ...or else the dogs in the neighborhood won't have anything to do!!!!

I must have missed it the last time I was on. Sorry maynard.

I have my appointment tomorrow with the oral surgeon...and I can honestly say, I'm not looking forward to it.. :roll: But...we shall see.

Not one single thing has changed with my teeth or smile....other than I'm getting REAL irritated at how slow this is taking. Like...for real? I'd like to have this done by the time I'm 90 so I can at least enjoy SOME solid foods. "sigh"
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

iBorg

#258 Post by iBorg »

I'm available if you want someone who has been there to talk to.

No solid food....no corn on the cob but beyond that, attack food! That's what's its there for.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

mikesmile

#259 Post by mikesmile »

Hi Jen :D

Happy Belated Brace-aversery! Seriously, that went by so quick... Your teeth have come a long way.

A heads up...I'm all done ! 8) I was suddenly de-braced the other day. Look for my de-banding story soon!

Wore Braces Twice As An Adult .....Finally Happy With the Results
5/85 - 11/87 Metal Braces T/B for 30 Months w/ elastics.
1/22/10 - 4/15/11 Metal Braces Top 15 Months / Bottom 1 Year w/ elastics.
Essex Retainers T/B Full Time, then switched to Night Time.

jensceana73

#260 Post by jensceana73 »

Thanks MIKE!!! And a big CONGRATUALTIONS to you!!! Totally...stoked for you!

Ok, so it's been an interesting month for me and my family. The "sickness" as I have called it...has taken over our house and I SWEAR to you....did not want to leave. EVER!!!!!! :evil:
We had...flu, fever, diarrhea, ear infections, strep, thrush, sinus infections, ....some of which, just kept going around, and around, and around...to the point where literally, I sent everyone to their rooms.....and made them stay! (cordoned off all 7 of us) Of course, it doesn't help when it's...80 one day, and 25 the next....over...and over...and over. COME ON SPRING.....SHOW YOURSELF.....I KNOW YOUR THERE!!!!! Today....winter storm warnings....4-8 inches. Really? For....REAL????!!! :roll:

Didn't make the appointment with the surgeon....had strep. So no info on that one. Had an adjustment yesterday. And let me tell ya, my teeth haven't hurt like this....probably since I initially got braces. :ouch:

I stayed with the power chain on my bottoms, but instead of stopping just short of my last molar, this time.....he went all the way back. And can I just say....F-ing OUCH!!! The second she looped it around that last molar I was like..."holy mother lovin pressure". As for my tops....I don't even know where to start. I got a new wire....again. Thicker he said. And then he went into this 10 minute explanation as to why he was going to do what he was going to do...something to do with "tork", "roots", "rounding out arch", and "stubborn teeth". What? Me? Have stubborn teeth?? Gee....I haven't noticed. NOT!!!!!

So I got a thicker wire and then he said he was putting some "kinks" in it, something to do with "tork" . Ok, whatever.....do what ya gotta do. Only thing....I don't see, any "kinks"...but...ok. I'll trust ya. Then, then ol Mr. Happy Pants.....had her (tech girl) wire tie every...single tooth. Oh, ya....you read it right.....every mother flippen top tooth. (This is where the small children need to have their eye's shielded.) Mother f-ing, c-ock s-uckin, son of b-t-hing, a-ss hole piece of s-it. Oh, can you tell I'm in some pain? Oh ya, and then after the wire ties....we liged those puppies up. No lie....my eyeballs were poppin outta my head by the time she put the ligs on.

Just get a mental picture of someone who has a ponytail, wayyyyy to tight....and all her skin, eyebrows...and eyeballs....look like she's had really bad plastic surgery. :huh: That my braced friends.....is what I looked like. Yeppers. I'd post a picture....but no lie....it hurts to smile right now. Only thing I've eaten.....yogurt. I tried to eat normal.....yep, nope...that ain't happening, not for a couple days anyway. I can't even have my teeth touch together without sending copious amounts of pain throughout my head. Ya, no.....I'm not a scared little school girl today......I'm a pissed off one. He warned me this was gonna be bad. And he....was right.

Oh ya, and.....he said, next time....another strength up on the wire....and...maybe...possiable...the dreaded E word. You know it. I don't have to spell it. You all know, all you veterans, know exactly.....the word I'm talking about. And if he does it, I'm gonna punch him. Right square in the nose!!! :x

Will post my pics....on my new RED ligs and power chain...when said pain....has worn off. Or...OR if I'm feeling a little sadistic and want to cause myself much pain.
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

opera^gal

#261 Post by opera^gal »

Based on your explanation of your pain, I'd change the direction of your *punch*, to his nether regions! Pain should be shared afterall!! :HugeGrin:
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

catgyrl

#262 Post by catgyrl »

the dreaded E word. You know it. I don't have to spell it. You all know, all you veterans, know exactly.....the word I'm talking about.
All together now... E-LAS-TICS!!!

Jen, I am truly sorry and sympathetic to your pain and agony right now, :soremouth: but I must admit... I am sitting here at my desk laughing my A$$ OFF at your string of expletives!! :-* I thought I was bad when I blurted out a muffled "Motherf**ker!" when I got my gap-closing-powerchain reapplied, and then my gum gouged with a metal instrument all in the same visit, but yours takes the cake. Love how they never warn you how bad it might be until you're already strapped down in the chair and can't escape. I go in on Friday morning, and for some reason I expect reconfigured E-LAS-TICS, and some more wire kinking.

Glad you and your family are feeling better from that nasty bug you all shared. I can't imagine you having to go through all that AND this mouth pain at the same time. When you're up to it, I really do want to see all the new hardware you got going on.

Take care, sister-
Cathy

iBorg

#263 Post by iBorg »

But.....the pain is worth the smile.

Trust me

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

jensceana73

#264 Post by jensceana73 »

APRIL 2011

APRIL 2010

APRIL 2011

APRIL 2010

APRIL 2011

APRIL 2010

Ok, here's some April 2010 and April 2011 comparison pics.....really....FOR REAL???!!!! For those of you still on the fence......FOR REAL? Jump. It is totally.......worth it!!! Will post more in a bit. Was getting worried my computer would konk out on me while doing this. Part 2.....to come. :wink:

catgyrl

#265 Post by catgyrl »

Okay, I'm a bit confused... Your teeth look absolutely PERFECT! Like, almost time to deband PERFECT. I don't understand what you would need the surgery for. Maybe there are things going on that I can't see. It honestly looks like you posted pics of two different mouths. :D

Foxsong

#266 Post by Foxsong »

Oh! They're bee-yoo-tee-ful!!! :D
Braced on 4-11-11
Progress pics: http://www.photobucket.com/bracesprogress

Ellebraced

#267 Post by Ellebraced »

WOW Jen your teeth are looking AWESOME!!!! :)

Your last "mad" post made me laugh. Thank you.....Well I am sorry you are in pain but it was funny. lol :lol:

I got elastics last week and thought they were horrible but really no pain at all after a day but they didn't adjust or change my super thick wires or tie anything tightly just the attached ligs.

Good luck, Glad you are feeling better and they are looking awesome!!!!

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

jensceana73

#268 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok, so...here comes part 2 of my post.

My teeth have just now this last weekend decided to calm down. My bottoms, they only hurt for a couple days...my tops, they are now starting to feel normal although...my right top side is a bit tender, which throughout my entire brace journey.....it's always been my left...go figure. :roll:

I am surprised, that when I look at my before and after pictures....how #1...my wire looks soooooo thick right now compared to my first wire....#2....my frickin lips look huge!! I MEAN HUGE!!! :shock: I've noticed that over the last few months. When ever I take pictures...my lips look gi-fa-reek-in-gantic!!!! No matter how I smile to make them look smaller....nope.....still comes out looking like I've got me some Angelina Jolie lips. Hmmmm....maybe that's not such a bad thing. :wink:
Also, I have yet....to see any "kinks" in my wire. And I WATCHED :huh: him actually do it. So where...oh where, are those kinks???? Trust me, I've stared into my mouth for hours....looking for them. Can't find them....anywhere. Magic. Poof.
This is also the best "wire tie" job any of the techs have done. I've had wire ties since my 2nd adjustment. It's just, I usually only get top and bottom front four done.....not every tooth. But this....this is the first time I haven't had to get one of my handy dandy tools and push the wire further under my arch wire. Which, I must say, my cheeks greatly appreciate! :wink:

Catgryl: Thanks for the great comments....but a....ya, my teeth are far far far from being finished. It's the "illusion" I've created. :biglaf: No, seriously....my teeth are at all different "levels". I don't really no how else to explain it. Like, when you look at the picture of my uppers....and my lowers, from those views even I have to admit they (the roundedness) looks great. But when you look straight on....they are not all at the same "level". Some are higher or lower than others. Not all nice and even. Like YOURS MY DEAR. Now you...you have a beautiful smile!!! :BigGrin: And the surgery, would be for an over bite, that will appear more and more.....as my tops finish rounding out. But....that...is a whole other story. Still not sure I'm even going to consider that route....unless I'm going to look like the donkey in Shrek. Wait....I think he had an under bite....but you get the pic.

Iborg....you are soooo right. All the pain in the world it totally worth....not having the smile, I use to have. I....love.....to.....smile. I just don't know how to make it look natural, cause I always....hid it. I suppose it will come with time though. :pinkbraces:

And thank you Ellebraced and Foxsong for the great comments. 37 years old, and I finally have people saying positive things about my teeth/smile. I'll take. It's a long time coming and it feels very nice. :HugeGrin:

By the way.....for those of you that celebrate.....HAPPY EASTER MY LITTLE PEEPS

jensceana73

#269 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok....I'm bored.

It's been raining for...oh, I don't know....like 40 days and 40 nights here. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, I've been meaning to reply to opera^gal's comment about where I should punch my ortho. I actually was....going to put in there "in his go-nads" :huh: but assumed no one would know what I was talking about. But, you my dear.....were on the same wave length....as I.

We will see where he gets punched...and soon. My next appointment is the 16th of May. I better eat up. :soremouth:

Everybody stay dry and safe out there.

Disclaimer: No orthodontist's will be harmed during said visit. Only in mind is the actual punishment occurring. :roll:

opera^gal

#270 Post by opera^gal »

Ugh..raining here too..endlessly...

Same wave length thought patterns towards dental professionals...sounds like a sci-fi monster epic.."They Thought with Their Throbbing Teeth"..coming soon in 3-D (for dental) to an exam chair near you! :BigGrin:
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B