Scared Little School Girl

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jensceana73

Re: Scared Little School Girl

#196 Post by jensceana73 »

Alrighty......so, since my last ortho visit, brace life has become very interesting. Like I posted before, I'm starting to like my smile. Which is something very new to me. VERY.

But, all last week, a bracket was scraping the inside bottom of my lower lip on the right side. Ended up hurting like the dickens by the end of the week. Funny thing is though, only hurt when I ate, so by Friday, I was basically drinking my meals. Now, this week, it's the inside bottom of my lower lip, left side....WTH??!! Same thing.

I've run my tongue and fingers over the outside of those 2 brackets a hundred times to find the culprit....but nothing. I can't feel anything sharp, pointy, nothing! I thought maybe one of my wire ties had poked out....nope. Not a dang thing is to be found. But the inside of my poor lip.....looks like hamburger. And not the lean kind. The bloody, greasy....I cause heart attack kind.

Happy 8 months to me. 8 blissfull months....only to end up...a whale.

I know, I know....use wax. But I swore since I made it through my initial induction into braces without wax, that surly I can make it through anything else. But.....I swear, if this keeps up, I'll be able to whistle with my mouth closed. Because I'll have scraped a hole all the way through my lip. I'll be like a whale. With a blowhole. Just call me "ol Jensceana the blowhole". Maybe that's what my avatar can be. A whale. Jensceana....the whale. "sigh" :cry:
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

jensceana73

#197 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok, the "happy 8 months" was suppose to be at the end. If your wondering, "why the hell is this interjected here".....it wasn't suppose to be....but...oh well, such is life. I'm off to blow some water through my hole.

sincerely,

blowhole jensceana.... :-*
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

opera^gal

#198 Post by opera^gal »

Could it be related to your mouth-breathing? Perhaps you get overly dry and the smooth brackets then are able to catch your inner lip? Either way, sorry to hear you are dealing with your own personal Moby-ism. Yo ho yo ho, Capt. Ahab...don't look there, look here at the pretty lights and HUGE Santa...harpoons away!!!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

jensceana73

#199 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok, so....hmmmmm, lets see.....it's snowed 17 inches over 2 days, then it was 25 below, yes..I did say BELOW zero for 3 days, and now....now....I'm pretty sure, my top 4 front teeth are gonna fall the smuck out!!!!! :huh: :shock: :huh:

For about the last 10 days my top 4 teeth feel soooooooooo loose, that I swear to you, if I were to bite down, and pull on a cheeseburger, the top half of the sandwhich, AND my 4 teeth, would stay. A very strange feeling. I have for the most part, had the loose teeth feeling, but this is INSANE. I swear to you, if I sneeze, their all gonna go flying. This will only be a good thing, if I'm sitting directly across from my sister. (Tell me I'm wasteing time getting braces.....take that...ya old bitty.) Ping..Ping...Ping. God, I'd almost pay money to see that!!! :-*

However will I kiss Santa?? :roll:

Hark...how willth...I ever bite into yummie Christmas fudge??? :yikes:

"All I want for Christmas are some sta-ble teeth..some sta-ble teeth" :singing:

Ellebraced

#200 Post by Ellebraced »

Hi Jen

Just read all your posts YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I will be following your journey and laughing with you for the next few years

Elle :lol:

Thank gosh I am not the only crazy one on here. Not like crazy crazy but funny crazy

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

determined419

#201 Post by determined419 »

You sound like you are having fun!!

As far as them being loose, I've had quite a few that were pretty loose though I didn't think they were going to fall out haha. It is weird to see them wiggle when you push on them though. If they didn't loosen up, they wouldn't be able to move.

As far as the fudge, work it with your tongue instead. It can be good practice for when you and your hubby are alone and.......................... ......ready to..... eat fudge of course! :D

jensceana73

#202 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok...so it's finally happened....drum roll please......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This event...has only taken, 8 months, 2 weeks, 5 days and 3 hours to happen. What is it you ask? That tooth....the little bugger...has been hidden behind the one next to it, the very front tooth, for the last 100 years!!!!!!! This tooth is the last tooth to "get a move on". She clearly does not like the lime light, because even though it's come out....she still has a very long way to go.

I knew something was up yesterday, because that tooth and the one next to it were so sore and sensitive, and it felt like I could literally wiggle them right out. I kept telling my husband "my flippin teeth are achin like crazy today". Well, now I know why. Because it was on the move!!!! Ya hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

November 22.......

December 20.......

Not a HUGE difference....but just enough to get that damn tooth out and about!!!

HAPPYHAPPYJOYJOYHAPPYHAPPYJOYJOY...SANTAISREALSANTAISREALSANTAISREAL.....CHRISTMASCAMEEARLYCHRISTMASCAMEEARLY........ :-*

goin4it

#203 Post by goin4it »

Congrats on the last one moving. Looking great Jen. :-#)

iBorg

#204 Post by iBorg »

It looks like you're having company for Christmas dinner! Here's hoping he stays around a long time and smiles brightly.

Seriously the tooth doesn't look that far out of alignment. You're almost to that point where you can consider asking your ortho "the question."

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

BaliGirl

#205 Post by BaliGirl »

Congrats, that is very exciting! I'm glad your little tooth finally decided to "go into the light." :D

BraceFace2o1o

#206 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Yay the tooth has moved! :D :jump:

My exact same tooth has been really sore the past few days, and my Ortho tugging at it yesterday (removing and replacing a wire tie) was not nice, I jumped 3 times and wanted to shout out "OUCH!!! that actually hurts I'll have you know" :( I was glad for it to be over.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

determined419

#207 Post by determined419 »

:rawk: That thing is moving like Paris Hiltons legs on a Saturday night! :rawk:

Ok, maybe not QUITE that fast, but its still moving haha.

jensceana73

#208 Post by jensceana73 »

Thanks everyone for your replies!!! It's so great being able to post your thoughts, questions, and progress....and get such great support.

Now....I was showing off my teeth progress to family and...holy freeking moly do pictures speak a thousand words!!!
Day 1

Day 264

TA-FA-REEKIN-DA!!!!!!!
Now, if only things would happen at the same time. In other words....one side of my mouth, on both the top and the bottom is progressing faster than the other side. For instance...my tops....not straighting out (both sides) at the same time, plus one side came "down" (so it's all even...the same length) while the other side is still "up". So it looks very lopsided, like a roller coaster. Makes my smile from the front....very....VERY.....jacked up. Which would be why....it does me no good to post a picture of the front view. Because you all would be like.....huh!!!! :huh: Your smile looked better before!!! Patience my brace faced friends. Patience. All in good time. But....it still suckypoo's!

jensceana73

#209 Post by jensceana73 »

Ahhhh.....Happy 9 Month Braceaversary to ME!!! 9 months!! 9...fa-reeeeek-in months!!!
In 9 months I could have had a baby....but nope...instead, I gave birth to a nicer....more beautiful....er.....SMILE, BABY!!!! Boo..Yaaaaaa.

Just think, 9 months ago I was boo hooing like a scared little school girl....now....I EAT scared little school girls for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chomp chomp chomp......ahh shi-t, now she's stuck in one of my braces....one of my 9 month old braces. Guess I'll go back to my New Year's Eve festivities. Happy New Years brace faced friends!!! Way to go! Way to make the best decision of your crooked arss teeth life!!! Can't wait to see what 3022, opps I mean 2011 brings us.....for sure a better smile.

Love you all!!!!!

(ok...I better lay off the Capt'n, cause after re-reading this.....clearly, I've drank too much) :crazy:

mikesmile

#210 Post by mikesmile »

Hey Jen :)

Congrats on your 9 month mark...It does go by quick - don't ya think? 8)

Your latest photo clearly shows a much more rounded upper arch. That's amazing... You have to be lovin' the progress at this point!

Keep up the good humor... :wink:

Mike

Second Time In Braces - Estimate 12-14 Months

Wore Braces Twice As An Adult .....Finally Happy With the Results
5/85 - 11/87 Metal Braces T/B for 30 Months w/ elastics.
1/22/10 - 4/15/11 Metal Braces Top 15 Months / Bottom 1 Year w/ elastics.
Essex Retainers T/B Full Time, then switched to Night Time.