BracketRacket's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

catgyrl

#46 Post by catgyrl »

WOW!!! That is absolutely amazing!!!

I'm just flabbergasted at what orthodontia can do for us. I'm always asking questions of my ortho when I go in, and I think he feels I'm questioning his ability; when in reality, I'm just fascinated and want to know what everything does!

Now that you see the result, don't you feel it was worth all the pain and stress?

Great job!

-Cathy

BracketRacket

#47 Post by BracketRacket »

Thanks cathy -- I'm still in a bit of "what did I do to myself" mode, but it is amazing to compare the pics and makes me feel better!

My teeth are kicking it up a notch in the next few weeks -- I have a cleaning tomorrow (kinda worried about that one!), then spacers next week and drumrollllll... braces on the 20th.

I just wish my teeth/jaw would settle down a bit. I have the retainer in now, but some days my jaw just feels weird and tight, just like it did before the expander came out. Plus, with the retainer in, I'm not sure the sores where the expander was connecting are healing as they should. I wish I could be "healed" from the surgery, so at least once the braces are in, I would know which sensation was from what so it's easier to tell if something's going on that needs attention.

But for the most part, feeling good and mostly pain-free and chewing more and more (wake up teeth, vacaction's over!).

BracketRacket

#48 Post by BracketRacket »

Ugh, more drama (of course!)

So I went for a cleaning, and saw a new doctor in my dentist's practice. She says I need multiple root canals! :shock: I was a bit skeptical for a few reasons, made an appointment and talked it over with my ortho (scheduled for spacers next week), and I'm going for another opinion.

In the meantime, because *luckily* :roll: all the supposed work is on the bottom, I'm going forward with spacers and braces for the upper jaw in the next two weeks, and we'll figure out the bottom based on what actually needs to be done. It's good we can work on the top on schedule, because we are concerned about relapse from the surgery, so the sooner the better!

Anyway, I know in the scheme of things not a big deal, and hopefully will be easily fixed, but I was so upset by this, and trust me, the dentist's attitude did not help...But feeling (mostly) better about it now, though.

It's always something, huh?

SonyaM

#49 Post by SonyaM »

I agree about the second opinion. I had a dentist tell me once that I needed a root canal. Went in to see the surgeon, and he did and exam and asked me what I needed a root canal for. He saw nothing remarkable, and didn't do the surgery. I've been fine since, and not even had a toothache. :) Good luck!

vjwilmoth

#50 Post by vjwilmoth »

Wow, what an amazing story! It makes me feel a little vain for my reasons of having braces. But I know we are all different. I can't believe how fast your expander worked! The results are incredible! I'm so sorry you keep running into other issues though. I would agree with getting a second opinion for the root canals though.

Only 11 more days until you get braced on top though! How exciting!

Vanessa

BracketRacket

#51 Post by BracketRacket »

Thanks for the good thoughts guys.
My mouth's been feeling kinda weird and tight lately, and today my gum/lip has been bothering me quite a bit...I wonder if something to do with the cleaning irritated it.

I just hope that the spacer discomfort isn't worse because of it. I'd like everything to heal from the surgery -- then at least I could tell what the discomfort is from!

Definitely will be going for a second opinion, I'll call Monday or Tuesday to try to make an appointment with someone's who's been recommended to me and who my ortho says he has a lot of confidence in -- hope for good news!

Getting a little nervous -- spacers go in bright and early Monday. I kinda of wish we could do top and bottom so everything is over at once, but my poor decaying :roll: teeth have foiled that plan for the moment! :wink:

BracketRacket

#52 Post by BracketRacket »

Spacers are in -- no sweat!

I feel a bit of discomfort, but so far, not too bad. I guess we'll see what the next few days bring.

Eating is another story -- Ouch! Back to the ole familiar break-into-tiny-pieces-and-swallow-whole routine! :lol:

BracketRacket

#53 Post by BracketRacket »

Sticking to the soft stuff, but not too much pain today -- yay! Kinda sore on one side, the other side hasn't really given me any trouble at all, except chewing on it hurts...grumble!

All in all, I'll take it -- just hope it doesn't start to get worse!

BracketRacket

#54 Post by BracketRacket »

Getting a bit nervous!
I have an appointment with the new dentist coming up in a few weeks, so that's in the back of my mind, but the whole braces thing is a good distraction! :wink:

TrolleyDolly

#55 Post by TrolleyDolly »

Happy B-Day for tomorrow!! Hope it goes well - after all that you've been through, this is the final hurdle!! Yay!! :D

Braced: 6th September 2010
Sentance: 20 months

BracketRacket

#56 Post by BracketRacket »

Thank you!
I'm off! Assuming I survive (haha!) I'll post an update and hopefully pics later!

BracketRacket

#57 Post by BracketRacket »

Aaaand they're on! With two archwires, to boot!
More later!

mikesmile

#58 Post by mikesmile »

Hi BracketRacket :D

Good Morning. It looks like congratulations are in order! :-)o Welcome to the club - finally! You've been waiting and preparing for so long maybe you should have a party!! :wink: I hope everything went well and you're feeling okay with your new braces today. 8)

Looking forward to your photos and hearing the rest of your b-day story...

Mike

Second Time In Braces - Estimate 12-14 Months

NervousNewbie

#59 Post by NervousNewbie »

BracketRacket wrote:Aaaand they're on! With two archwires, to boot!
More later!
Congratulations to you!

Braced September 23, 2010
Debraced February 20, 2014
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Actual Treatment Time: 41 months

My Journey

BracketRacket

#60 Post by BracketRacket »

Thanks guys.
A couple pics of my first day

You can see a bumper on the wire over my baby tooth (in the last pic), which doesn't get a bracket, and the double wire, which is only connected to my front teeth and my molar bands.