BracketRacket's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracketRacket

#16 Post by BracketRacket »

So finally got authorization and going to see the OS tomorrow to go over some things, and hopefully set a date. Eek! :shock: I have so many conflicting emotions, happy to be moving forward, scared, worried if I'm making the right decision, worried about financials (he's out-of-network and not sure exactly how that'll work), etc. Hopefully I'll know a lot more tomorrow.

And I bought a blender today. I suppose that's a good step! :lol:

BracketRacket

#17 Post by BracketRacket »

Also went for a cleaning yesterday and found out I have a cavity :evil: Coincidently in the same spot that was bothering me two months ago and they did an x-ray and said no cavity, that the bite was hitting wrong and irritating it...funny how that happens...grr.

cosmo

#18 Post by cosmo »

BracketRacket wrote:Also went for a cleaning yesterday and found out I have a cavity :evil: Coincidently in the same spot that was bothering me two months ago and they did an x-ray and said no cavity, that the bite was hitting wrong and irritating it...funny how that happens...grr.
Ugh!! yikes that must have been irratating. Oh well don't dewll on the past just keep going. :)

My Brace Story:
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
1st Adjustment: 6/12/10-wire .014, top n bottom

follow my blog @ http://www.honneyinthesun.com

BracketRacket

#19 Post by BracketRacket »

I have a date -- eep! Thursday, May 27 @ 7:30 a.m. I have to be there at 6:30 -- that'll be rough, I work nights!

Now I can't decide if I want it to take its time getting here or hurry the heck up!

BracketRacket

#20 Post by BracketRacket »

Oh great -- just scheduled surgery, come home and check out Amazon. Their item of the hour is willmaker software. Sigh...

BracketRacket

#21 Post by BracketRacket »

Just got a fortune cookie that said "You will be soon be crossing the great waters."
:?

Damn ominous snack food...

SugarMagnolia

#22 Post by SugarMagnolia »

Gotta love those fortune cookies, such wise-guys!

I know it's hard but try not to fret, the wait is probably the hardest part. Just think of how much all of this is going to help!

BracketRacket

#23 Post by BracketRacket »

Eeek....still having moments of "wait, I'm doing WHAT?!?!"

Theresa48

#24 Post by Theresa48 »

The waiting is really difficult!!! I wish I had started posting on this sight before I got braces, I had visited, but boy, the DAY I got braces I was all over this sight! Good luck, I am on day 3 of braces and am fine, already my teeth have moved, isn't that crazy? I don't thing like anyone else can see, but you know your mouth, and the smallest things you can feel....oh, and braces do not feel like the smallest things at first, but really, by today I am almost used to it!
Good luck to you...it really is exciting!!!!

BracketRacket

#25 Post by BracketRacket »

Yay -- glad things are going well for you!
I've started the "one week from now I'll be" thing. Oy!

BracketRacket

#26 Post by BracketRacket »

Getting skeered... :?

SugarMagnolia

#27 Post by SugarMagnolia »

Hang in there, you're doing great and you'll get through it all and be in such better shape coming out the other side!
I get my brackets in 2 days :shock: , in ugly spacer purgatory right now.

Just keep letting us know how it's going and am so looking forward to the improvements for you!

BracketRacket

#28 Post by BracketRacket »

Good luck! I bet you'll be so happy to get rid of the spacers you won't mind the braces!

BracketRacket

#29 Post by BracketRacket »

Getting down to the wire :shock:
Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be home and started on the way to recovery.

Off to get a swollen head, big mouth and less wise... :lol:

BracketRacket

#30 Post by BracketRacket »

Wow, just took some "last narrow" photos *sniff* Man, my arch is screwy. Guess I never noticed just how "bad" it looks from that angle since from the front it looks mostly OK. Wish me luck!