BracketRacket's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracketRacket

Re: BracketRacket's story

#91 Post by BracketRacket »

OUCH! :(

BracketRacket

#92 Post by BracketRacket »

Well, the good news is my teeth are hurting so much less (on one side at least!)
The bad news is it's because one of the spacers fell out! :oops:
I'm calling tomorrow morning and hopefully they can fit me in to put one back in. I hope it doesn't delay my bottom braces.

BracketRacket

#93 Post by BracketRacket »

Spacer went back in no problem. Game back on!
The asst. said "we're going to have fun next week!" -- I'm a bit worried about that! :huh: :lol:
They're not really bothering me much now, hopefully they moved in the first few days and are now just hanging out. Teeth are a little sore to bite on, but nothing too bad.

BracketRacket

#94 Post by BracketRacket »

And the snail joins the turtle in my sig...and in one day, here come the bottoms. I'm relieved to be almost completely braced, it's about time. It comes almost exactly one year to the day after my consult -- what a year!

BracketRacket

#95 Post by BracketRacket »

T-12 hours...wish me luck!

iBorg

#96 Post by iBorg »

Good luck.....
I've seen your name in a few of the stories I follow and thought I'd say hi! Don't worry about the lowers. They're a lot easier than the uppers. Plus with all your uppers have been through it will be a piece of cake.

I hope the day is uneventful and the weather not too bad for you.

iBorg
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

BracketRacket

#97 Post by BracketRacket »

Thanks iBorg :D

Bottoms are on, tops got a bit of a tweak and I am in a world of ouch at the moment! :? Hopefully more details and pics soon.

iBorg

#98 Post by iBorg »

This sounds like terrible advice but it isn't. Freeze a wet wash cloth and chew on it. Use your teeth. That will help get blood flow which will help the pain go away. I had a habit of going for a sandwich on a hard bun or roll. Hurt for about half the sandwich. Next day I rarely had ANY pain.

Good luck.....it IS worth it.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

BracketRacket

#99 Post by BracketRacket »

Ouch! I was having some painful sensitivity (at least I hope that's all it was) starting last Saturday, it seems to have abated mostly now -- thank goodness! My teeth are pretty grumpy in general, just skitters around from tooth to tooth each day.

Spacers Round Three on Jan. 17. I hope that's the end of them!

BracketRacket

#100 Post by BracketRacket »

One week until Spacers -- Round Three!
Oh, joy...

TinGrin4460

#101 Post by TinGrin4460 »

I'm getting additional brackets on Wednesday. I have had considerable movement on top and bottoms and alignment on tops. Can't stand the sticking wires though. using enough wax. :FeelSick:

BracketRacket

#102 Post by BracketRacket »

Hope that went well!

My front teeth should join a band -- so much clicking and snapping! Next we need to work on rhythm and beats!

BracketRacket

#103 Post by BracketRacket »

Spacers are in -- only had to fight with one of them, so not too bad! A little sore, but nothing terrible -- but we've got awhile to go yet! :wink:

BracketRacket

#104 Post by BracketRacket »

Ouch -- teeth are a little sore but not terrible, but I guess because the spacer are father forward (on my second premolars) they are irritating the bottom of my tongue on one side...not fun!

Nathaniel

#105 Post by Nathaniel »

Hi BracketRacket :-1 , I read through your whole story. Very insightful! Amazing pictures mid-way through with the expansion then how quickly the power chain filled in the gaps. Thank you for sharing everything. It seems that I'm going for a similar route that you are, SARPE in the beginning, braces to fill in the gap... but then I have some bottom jaw stuff too.

My question is: What do you have planned for your bottom jaw? I noticed that you've gotten braces on your bottom jaw. Is that all you're doing from there? Do you have any surgery planned? Also, did they mention anything about moving your chin around? Also, has the gaps around your incisors filled in now since your last updated pics?

Thanks in advance, congratulations on your progress so far! :D
Nathaniel