BracketRacket's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracketRacket

#61 Post by BracketRacket »

Forgot, also have an appointment with the new dentist next Friday, and my first adjustment is 10/25. I hope I'll be ready for spacers on the bottom and bottom braces, but we'll see, I guess!

BracketRacket

#62 Post by BracketRacket »

Just got impaled by a wire for the first time! I feel like I've hit some rite-of-passage! :wink:

BracketRacket

#63 Post by BracketRacket »

Stop poking wire! :P I shall smother you with wax and you shall die (or something). Must...not...bother...ortho. (I know, I know...but I don't think it's too bad yet, I'll definitely pop in to see him if it keeps bugging me).

SonyaM

#64 Post by SonyaM »

The wires on the back poke me almost constantly. I just gob on the wax and change it when I brush. I'm high maintenance enough without going in for a sticky wire, LOL! But congrats (?) on joining the pokey wire club. It's a painful rite of passage, and now that you're in you have to learn the secret handshake. :dance:
I actually had mine hook into my cheek at one point and didn't release right away. I imagined it must be how a fish must feel when caught... :shock: Now I don't go without wax at all....

BracketRacket

#65 Post by BracketRacket »

Ouch! That's scary when it happens!

**Dum, dum, dum*** have my second opinion visit with a new dentist tomorrow...wish me luck! Ugh...hope he doesn't say I need a dozen root canals! :roll:

catgyrl

#66 Post by catgyrl »

BracketRacket - I told my ortho's assistant this afternoon that my cheek was TORN UP by a pokey wire, and she told me "You should have called us. We would have trimmed that for you." I told her I didn't want to bother them, and that I tried to take care of it with wax, but it was just too long. Then she tattled on me to the ortho (LOL!) and he told me to come in the next time because there's only so much wax can cover. That wire was in there for 2 months...it was looooong!

So, don't suffer anymore than you have to.

Cathy :D

BracketRacket

#67 Post by BracketRacket »

Hasn't been bugging me too much, so I guess it's not bad enough yet! :wink:

I really liked the new dentist and the office, and best of all, no root canals needed! Two smaller fillings, and while he did say that I *could* end up needing root canals down the road because of the large fillings (which I know), there was no decay under the fillings and he saw no evidence that they were failing. Yay! :D

So, one filling in about two weeks, one the week after, and an adjustment in between. Then hopefully here come the bottoms!

SonyaM

#68 Post by SonyaM »

Yay for no root canal! Woohoo!

BracketRacket

#69 Post by BracketRacket »

Ouch, teeth are hurting today when I press down on them (or at least some of them). Also getting some sinus pressure-y pain on one side, don't know if that's connected.

*Knock wood* I haven't had too much trouble from them yet, I have to wonder if it's because my gums are still so numb.

TinGrin4460

My Experience

#70 Post by TinGrin4460 »

My braces cost me $2,308 (US) and I have partials which cost $755 (US) and all I have to do are some fillings which will cost about $400 (US). I told my dentist on Saturday I have to get accustomed to the braces and the pratial before I have any more work done. So I asked for a month grace, I'm in too much distress.
On my last visit on Saturday I had my first adjustment. Now I have difficultly biting and chewing and the partials make it really difficult to chew as well. I guess it is all in the adjustment.
No pictures yet.

vjwilmoth

#71 Post by vjwilmoth »

DANG!!! My mouth hurts just looking at that torture device you had! Good grief! That's incredible how it widened your arch...amazing.

That is a crazy amount of wire you have in there! Why exactly do you have two sets of wires? Oh and why aren't they bracketing the baby tooth? I have a baby tooth as well but it has a bracket and I haven't had any issues so far. Just curious.

I must admit that when I have a wire poking me I will get my tiny wire cutters and cut it. lol I'm sure my ortho would have a complete heart attack. I've only had to do it twice.

Congrats on joining the club! I can't wait to watch your progress!

Vanessa
My Braces Story HERE

TinGrin4460

Help!

#72 Post by TinGrin4460 »

Hi,
Any suggestion on how to bite down without feeling pain after the braces have been adjusted and the dentures are in place. I cannot chew my food.

Thanks
TinGrin4460

BracketRacket

#73 Post by BracketRacket »

vjwilmoth wrote:DANG!!! My mouth hurts just looking at that torture device you had! Good grief! That's incredible how it widened your arch...amazing.
Yup! It's amazing how you can get used to anything. After the surgery and during the expansion, I felt like it was so alien, but I was managing pretty well by the time it was removed.
a crazy amount of wire you have in there! Why exactly do you have two sets of wires? Oh and why aren't they bracketing the baby tooth? I have a baby tooth as well but it has a bracket and I haven't had any issues so far. Just curious.
The first wire is a "normal" wire and the second (it only attaches in the front and to my molars) is meant to preserve the width we got from the expansion while the bone is still healing, to prevent relapse. I'm not sure why the baby tooth doesn't have a bracket...it's not a very healthy tooth, though, maybe that has something to do with it. I'll have to ask one of these days!

I hope you're feeling better soon -- I guess it's just a matter of getting used to everything. Supposedly chewing will help you feel better faster even though it hurts.

BracketRacket

#74 Post by BracketRacket »

Still feeling really good -- have a filling apt. on Friday, then my first adjustment on Monday. Then another filling apt. on Thurs. I hope we can get spacers in soon after that and bottom braces on, but I guess I'll find out more next week.

BracketRacket

#75 Post by BracketRacket »

One filling down, one to go -- although the next one's in a molar :(
First adjustment on Monday