BracketRacket's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TinGrin4460

Fillings

#76 Post by TinGrin4460 »

I have to have four fillings. I have postponed them twice, but I have to go in tomorrow to have the first two done. Geez. I had my second adjustment done on Thursday. Ouch.

BracketRacket

#77 Post by BracketRacket »

Ouch! Hope they go well!

The first one was easy-peasy! He did have to inject me a second time after he started, but after that, so quick! I'm so used to being numb on top, I forgot how weird the bottom feels -- my lip was bad for about three hours. Next time it's a molar, so he needs to do the "block" injection into the back, so not quite as easy, but hopefully not too bad.

Next up, first adjustment on Monday! Hmm, what color to pick? :lol:

BracketRacket

#78 Post by BracketRacket »

Check this out!!

For reference, the day I got my braces

One-month pic. This was taken about a week ago, on 10/18, four weeks after my braces were installed

The day before my first adjustment (10/24 -- two days ago!)

Day of first adjustment (10/25 -- yesterday!) Dark purple ligs and a power chain between my front teeth

Today! (10/26)

Granted, there are now larger gaps between my central and lateral incisors on both sides, but how cool! My teeth are pretty ouchy, but at least I know they're at work! I also am down to one wire (yay!) and my bottom braces will be placed on Dec. 13 (spacers on Dec. 6).

jensceana73

#79 Post by jensceana73 »

HOLY POP CORN :shock: :shock: :shock:
You've had some serious movement is just a matter of...of....HOURS!!!!!! That's totally awesome :dance: You've gotta be totally freakin out...(in a good way) Good Luck to you and keep posting the awesome pics......
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

BracketRacket

#80 Post by BracketRacket »

Thanks -- happy!
But it's kinda weird -- the gap's been there so long, it's a little strange to have it be so small! :oops: :roll:
Now I wonder what'll happen before my next adjustment -- will the gap close and the other gaps stay bigger? Will it open up more and straighten and the other gaps get smaller? A little of each? Stay tuned! :lol:

BracketRacket

#81 Post by BracketRacket »

Still owie on and off, but I'll take it! ;)
My dentist canceled my appt and rescheduled for Nov. 18...boo! Wanted to get that over with.

TinGrin4460

Falling Out

#82 Post by TinGrin4460 »

Does anybody on here feel as though the braces are dropping lower? Every two weeks I get this feeling and then I have to head back to my dentist for her to do an adjustment.

BracketRacket

#83 Post by BracketRacket »

What do you mean? The wire/brackets shifting?

TinGrin4460

Dropping Lower

#84 Post by TinGrin4460 »

Sometimes I feel as though the braces are lower. I don't know if the movement cause me to feel as though the braces have dropped a notch of two. It happens every two to three weeks or so. I had an appointment today but I went to the doctors instead. Sorry I can't take my doctor and dentist on the same morning.

farmboy

#85 Post by farmboy »

I knew power chains worked quickly, but that IS some pretty swift movement! Congratulations!

And don't worry about the gaps forming between the other teeth. I'm sure your orthodontist will give you a lengthier power chain later on to take care of that.

BracketRacket

#86 Post by BracketRacket »

Still sooo gappy!

I know it'll all even out in the end, but now that I've seen movement like that, I'm curious about the next step. I bet it will involve a longer powerchain.

My teeth have been hurting on off, it seems like one tooth or another is sore almost every day. Also been rubbing on one side, I'm using wax, etc., like it's going out of style!

BracketRacket

#87 Post by BracketRacket »

I can whistle! I haven't been able to since the surgery! :D :D
(OK, so I can't whistle that well yet...but still exciting!)

BracketRacket

Re: BracketRacket's story

#88 Post by BracketRacket »

Ramping up for "Spacers -- Round Two!"
Been having some tooth pain on and off, nothing too bad. One side has decided now is a good time to tear up my cheek.

BracketRacket

#89 Post by BracketRacket »

Round two starts tomorrow, bright and early (at least for me, I work nights!) :huh:

BracketRacket

#90 Post by BracketRacket »

Incidently, I have a feeling I'm enjoying my last Skittles for awhile (shh, don't tell anyone I'm eating them!)