HeyBuckey!'s Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lau

Re: HeyBuckey!'s Story

#406 Post by lau »

wow, you are gorgeous! and that smile looks a-ma-zing!! you will not need whitening either- that's how perfect they are.
Anyways, I can't top the comments posted above so I'll post an image-

Enjoy your Birthday!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

HeyBuckey!

#407 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Thank You Everyone!

Today was my first official day minus the metal and it was awesome! Of course, I had to show all of my friends and they were just as excited as I was. :P Flossing is the best thing that has ever happened to me right now because I can get it done in under 3 minutes! But I tell you what, I DO NOT!!! like the way my retainer has the potential to become a stink pot. This morning I just rinsed them before putting them in and EWWWWW they smelled bad and didn't taste very well either. Now everytime I take them out, I brush them clean right before putting them back in. I brushed my teeth everytime I ate or drank something dark or colored (I had a Coke and Orange Juice today and don't want to stain my teeth<---by the way I didn't drink them together :FeelSick: ). In a nutshell I'm totally paranoid.

But my teeth! They look like porcelain veneers!!! So all is well. :D Also, I got told I look older which is a huge plus in my book! Of course I had to confirm it was in a good way to make sure they weren't talking about me looking "aged" :P.
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

libbylou

#408 Post by libbylou »

Just had to leave a quick comment as have loved your story - its been so funny and witty along the way, and your result is absolutely AMAZING! How beautiful are you!! You do indeed have a look of Leona Lewis! Thanks for keeping us all updated along the way - its been completely inspirational, and so funny in places. Huge congratulations to you :D

elseegee64

#409 Post by elseegee64 »

:jump:
Congratulations!

HeyBuckey!

#410 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Everyone!!!

I wanted to give you all an update since I've been a whole week without braces.

Retainers: Not too bad! I'm getting the hang of things. The top row goes on and comes off with no trouble at all, the bottom row, I think it hates me occasionally. The very first time I was actually able to get the bottom row off I had to use the handle end of a pair of tweezers to push them off my teeth. It eventually worked obviously but it goes against the "take each end off evenly rule" :? I'm able to get them off without using tweezers and without making my thumbs raw, but I do look like I'm ripping my face off (and still not abiding by the "take each end off evenly rule"). :lol: I don't think there are any air holes in because it suctions horribly.

Eating: This has been the best thing that has ever happened to me!!! However, I obsessively brush, but meal time is my favorite time ever! Except...when it come to snack time which is quite often. At that point I usually leave my retainer out of my mouth for extended periods of time because I snack so frequently and don't want to stick a dirty retainer back into my mouth...Not a very good habit at all...I know.

Maybe I should just suck it up and stick the spit covered things back in my mouth after I eat something. But no lie, that really creeps me out!!! I HAVE to brush my teeth and retainers before putting them back in.

Flossing is AWESOME!!! It takes me 3 minutes to get a really good floss! And no more floss threaders!!! :-*

My social life seems too be blossoming as well. I've had some new prospects come into my life right before braces came off. We'll see how this goes!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

opera^gal

#411 Post by opera^gal »

Congrats on your new Hollywood smile!!
I swear by the retainer wipes from the companion site to this board. They clean well, and remove the 'retainer stank'...perfect for between meal quick cleaning, and come in individual packets. Hope this brings back the joy of snacking!!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

VioletJay

#412 Post by VioletJay »

Ooooh LOVELY teeth! And how gorgeous you are! :)
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

Crazy4Snow

#413 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Your smile is BEAUTIMOUS!!! You give me hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel. And Happy Birthday!!!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

HeyBuckey!

#414 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi All!!!

I'm still lurking! Thank you all for your very awesome and wonderful comments!

Things have been going great! Crazy4Snow thank you for the birthday wishes!!! I had a great time and I "eh hem!" didn't wear my retainers that night and it hurt like the dickens for me to put them back in...But now I almost have my routine together when it comes to them. I kid you not I was brushing my teeth at least 7 times a day or more!!!! Now I'm a little more laxed, I try not to snack as much so I don't have to remove my retainers.

But that's about it! I'll continue to keep you all posted!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

lau

#415 Post by lau »

NoLongerBuckey!! Nice to hear you are doing great 'on the other side' - you are a sweetheart for checking on us. How long do u have yo wear retainers and is it 24 hs per day? Take care and work those pearly whites and rock that confidence!!!
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

Beauty is Pain

#416 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hi Nolongerbuckey! :) Name change in order! Beautiful, beautiful teeth!! All the pain of the braces is definitely worth it!!! :) hehe I am definitely looking forward to the day when I don't need to clean my teeth 5 times per day or more! :)

nessness

#417 Post by nessness »

Aaaah so pretty!

Congrats girl you have a wonderful million dollar smile which was definitely worth the wait. Bet you're off eating all the 'forbidden foods'!!
I'm so jealous :(

HeyBuckey!

#418 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Everyone!!!

BiP! Hey! Yes! They are FINALLY off!!! I'm loving every minute of it except...I'll say why in a second.

Nessness!!! Thank you so very much! If it's food and it's coming near my mouth, I'm eating it. :-P Unless I have my retainers in of course...

On a different note. I cracked my lower retainer a couple of weeks ago... :oops: Yeah, not cool at all! I called my Orthodontist and they said I could come in at anytime to get it fixed. I decided to wait a week to get it fixed when my retainer appointment came up. THAT was a BAD idea. My retainer check was on Wednesday 5/9, they weren't able to repair my retainer that now came out like a dream...I had to get another impression done and had to come back the next morning 5/10 to see how the new one fit. Well, that morning came and the retainer was too big! :x So I had yet ANOTHER impression done and had to come back the following morning 5/11. I got to that appointment and tried on my new lower retainer and it was too tight at first. :( I eventually managed to get it on and tried to take it out with no luck. My Ortho popped it out rather easily so they had me try, I STILL couldn't get it out. So, I told them it would take little pratice for me to get used to it. The Tech sent me home with some rubber gloves to aid in popping them out.

Thankfully I'm able to get them off. Not as easy as the cracked one but easy enough, and it'll get easier. I do admit to not wearing my retainers like I should because of the difficulty and hassel of taking them out. :( But! My teeth still look and feel amazing. Mealtime is a for real chore though...
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#419 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Oh! And BiP, I clean my teeth now more than I did when I had braces!!! Those retainers can get real gnarly looking and smell terrible if I don't. For me, swishing does not help...
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#420 Post by HeyBuckey! »

HI EVERYONE!!!!!

Goodness its been forever!!!! But an update is due.

Brace-free retainer life is really good however, I've slacked terribly and at one point only wore my retainers at night when I was supposed to be wearing them 24/7. :oops: I've cracked two lower retainers, the second time it happened I didn't tell my Ortho and she surprisingly didn't notice, I've got horrible flossing habits, but I still brush my teeth regularly. Other than all of the mishaps, I am on nights only for wearing my retainers and my smile still looks awesome. My next appointment is in April for my retainers.

Personally - I've moved to a new apartment, got a car, and got a promotion at my job since the last time you all have heard from me. I also have dated and think Mr. I Like & Will Suffice is not too far away. :-D

Braces are awesome, I appreciate getting them more now since I had to pay for them than I more than likely would have if my parents had to do it. They truly boost your confidence, I feel awesome and smile and laugh a whole lot more than before and during the braces. You also become a living testament of making an improvement in your life. I've helped a lot of people and I still get very excited when I see someone with braces. I also still strangely star into peoples mouths when they talk. :-P Thankfully, when they took my braces off my filter didn't go with it or I'd be screwed and would have pissed off ALOT of people...unintentionally of course. :-P

For all of those who don't know me Page 28 shows my debanding pics and I gave a pictoral update after every one of my adjustment appointments.

Alright guys and gals! That's it for now!!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009