ready, I think

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

#61 Post by iBorg »

A few comments......
It is so easy to become bored with braces. At first you see amazing results and quickly you believe this is a good thing. Then the process starts to drag out. You can't believe it's actually been this long. Then one day you'll realize that the end is near. Then comes the rush and nervousness of not knowing what your teeth are really going to look like and the thrill that you won't have to dig everything out of them. Toothbrushes will last more than a week. Hopefully your wonderful smile will too.

Other comments. Your post is one of the first I've seen concerning Suresmiles. It strikes me as a tremendous advancement. If I were to do this over, (here's to wearing the retainer and not doing braces a THIRD time) I'd look for a provider of this service. It strikes me that it might cost more because the ortho has to do more but the results may very well justify it. I also believe that each new wire has the potential to hurt a lot more than the standard wire.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Trish

#62 Post by Trish »

Hi Mike
Thanks for the comments...my teeth are killing me today, but I'm excited because I know that things are moving now! YEAH! I can barely eat and I"ve been on the ibuprofen all day.

I like the sure smile thing. I'm glad that my dr. does it. It is really neat to see how your teeth are going ot move. In my case my molars are the things that will be moving the most, and indeed they are hurting the most today! :) the very back molars (not my wisdom teeth...those are gone) are tilted the wrong way. On the simulation, you can see the root movement. it is really impressive!

My teeth hurting has not stopping me from eating chocolate, though! just let some melt in my mouth...I feel much better now!

thanks for stopping by!
trish

Emms

#63 Post by Emms »

Hi Trish,

I feel your pain too. And like you, it doesn't stop me eating chocolate either :lol:

The simulation you saw sounds fantastic, that must be so cool to see how your teeth are going to move. Sounds like you are getting lots of work done. I wish I was at the part where they start working on closing the gaps in my uppers!! We are around the same time aren't we?

I'm back also at 6 weeks, time is sure flying by thank goodness.
Keep up the ibuprofen my fellow sufferer and bye for now :-#)

Trish

#64 Post by Trish »

Hi Emms,
yup...we're on the same schedule now. My bite is what is messed up and so they are really messing with it. Pain from last week is almost gone, but my molars feel really lose! ;)

can't wait for another six weeks to go by. i feel like time is flying now!

Hope you get some good progress!

ttyl
trish
:)

Trish

#65 Post by Trish »

Can't believe it has been 6 months! I'm having a beef though with my teeth: I'm not liking how my bottom teeth are lining up. they did the IPR and I think they took too much off. there is a gap between my lower two front teeth. the power chain is not closing it, and it is so annoying that i'm catching my tongue on it occasionally when I talk. I really hope they didn't shave my teeth so much that they gaps won't close. I'm supposed to get elastics next time. I heard class III elastics, which from my internet investigation means that they will be pulling from my lower arch to the top in the back. I hope that the gap in the front doesn't open up more from this! ACK!

Maybe they won't be class III...we'll see May 7th. We go to Disney on May 9th. guess i'm crazy to get my adjustment before I go to disney...

I'm enjoying catching up on everyone's posts!

Happy Spring!

trish
8)

Trish

#66 Post by Trish »

well, I had adjustment number 4 (I think...) on May 7th. I was surprised that she decided not to change my archwire. She said i was looking really really good for 7 months and wanted to order a different wire for next time (4 weeks this time). Wire (0.017) was reinserted and I got ligs put over the brackets to try and express the wire more. I also entered the land of elastics as promised. I have triangle elastics to bring my incisors down. They do not hurt at all. I have to change them 4 times/day, but that is okay because I end up yawning and breaking them easily anyway. Plus I change them when I eat also.

The only bad part is it is hard to talk with them because they are right in the front of my mouth. I've snapped myself several times with them. I don't really see that they are working, but I'm sure they are--who knows.

Anyway, I go back on June 4th to get a new wire ordered and to see how the elastics are doing. For now I sit and try not to snap myself.

hooo hum...another day at the plant....

hope everyone is having a good day....

:pinkbraces:

Snowglobe32

#67 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Hi,

I just discovered your thread but haven't read all of the pages yet.

I had the option to do suresmile but I didn't want to see the end results before the end. I felt it would just make the time getting to the end, seem like it took forever. Was this an issue for you? And are you glad you are able to see into the future, if you will.

Trish

#68 Post by Trish »

Hi Snowglobe,
Thanks for reading. I wanted to see the 'future' so to speak of my suresmile because I thought it was very cool. I'm a scientist by trade and so these types of things fasinate me to begin with. The wierd thing about my last adjustment was that she decided not to use the second wire in my suresmile set. I don't know why because when i looked at the 'future' it looked like the second set was going to move my molars a lot more and that is a major issue for me. I have to go back in a few weeks for her to see what she wants to do and she'll order another wire. So, I saw into the future, but the second phase of the future was changed....

hope this helps!

trish
ps. how is your treatment going?

Trish

#69 Post by Trish »

hmmm. what to do...I'm still concerned about my 2nd molars as they are not lining up in my arch how I think they should be. I don't think these elastics are working that well either and when I yawn, they keep breaking. My bite feels really wonky also........

I have two more weeks until my next 'mini' adjustment. Should I ask about my wonky bite next time i'm there? should I ask about my molars? she kept telling me how good my teeth are looking and then the asst. said I may get them off soon, but I want these issues fixed...the whole PURPOSE of me doing this was to fix my bite and my 2nd molars as well as re-align my teeth that had come out of alignment. what to do?

Trish

#70 Post by Trish »

Well, I am getting laxed about posting. Went in on June 4th and he decided to put in my second sure smile wire. I told him that I felt like my front teeth had too much space between them, so a new wire tie went on. The next day my new wire was killing my back molars, like it was poking. I had to ride it out because of my schedule, but two days later it was just fine. i'm still in triangle elastics also. He's lettign this wire be in for two months.......man, SLOW! But he said if everything looks good next time, we'll schedule removal...can't believe that!

Hope everyone is doing well...

until August! ;)

Trish

#71 Post by Trish »

okay, haven't posted in a while. Too much craziness. BUT in august, we did some IPR in m front teeth and then power chained those together. I kept my triangle elastics but got to just use them at night. Then in September, he said the magic words...are you ready to get them OFF! WHOOT! So Oct. 6 almost exactly one year after they went on...they are off.

Getting them off didn't hurt, but the grinding of the cement off sent me through the roof with sensitivity! I have a permanent retainer on top and bottom. Last week I went for impressions and he decided to give me Hawley retainers instead of essix. I'm a little disappointed as i wanted the essix's for whitening trays. OH WEll...I get the hawleys on monday. He also hasn't told me if I have to wear them 24/7, so I'm a little nervous about that. But my teeth look great. And I"m excited to have them off...apples, steak, everything I can eat again! :)

Hope everyone is doing well. thanks for all the support!

trish 8) :lol: :D :banana: :jump: :dance: :-88

RedDress

#72 Post by RedDress »

Trish wrote:BORED with my braces now! My teeth feel like they are loose especially when I bite on the front teeth.

They called and i had to go back in to rescan part of my back teeth for the sure smile thing. apparently the ONLY large filling I have messed the other scan up....Nevertheless, my next appointment is at the end of march...i'm ready now...nothing going on...lets get a move on!

:lol:
Hey, Trish,
how did they scan it? My treatment includes sure smile too. What they did - they send my moulds for the scan... I thought that they would scan my mouth...

Emms

#73 Post by Emms »

Wow Trish I am so happy for you. Any pics for us?? You are so lucky to have them off after a year :)