My Storey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Perth80

My Storey

#1 Post by Perth80 »

I am 28 years old and have been contemplating getting braces for sometime. I had the option when I was 14 but as most kids at my high school were getting teased I decided against getting them which is a decision I regret now. I am really nervous and worried about how I am going to feel when I get them on. I am gettiing them put on, on 10th August.

I am trying to think about the end result which is helping me through the decision process. Once I get them put on and have had them for a few months I will probably be thinking why I was so worried, but I have to get to that point first.

Glad I have found this forum as it is helping me think positively and not about worrying about how I am going to look and what people are going to think.

I also start a new job on 17th August, so will starting my new job with the braces already which will be good but still a daunting thought.

SpeakEasyAmy

#2 Post by SpeakEasyAmy »

If you've been thinking about it do it! I'm 27 and I've had them for about a week. I'm not going to lie its hard not to be self conscious but I look at this way, I'd rather spend the next 24 months a little self conscious about my braces then the next sixty years self conscious about my teeth:) good luck
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

Elizabeth Kubler Ross

PrincessPeach

#3 Post by PrincessPeach »

oo we share a brace day ;)
I'm getting my uppers on the 10th August, already got my lowers!

you wont regret it, i promise, as soon as you start seeing changes, you'll be so happy you did it
The first few days you might feel like it jsut isnt worth it, but the pain eases & you get used to having the metal in your mouth, it all jsut becomes normal!
;D
Lower Braces = 22nd June 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (14 months, 1 week & 4 days)
Upper braces = 10th August 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (12 months, 3 weeks & 2 days)

Perth80

#4 Post by Perth80 »

:cry: I didn't do it. I chickened out but don't regret my decision, yet. I have so many other things going on in my life right now I want to wait until I get some of those things sorted out before I make this change in my life.

PrincessPeach

#5 Post by PrincessPeach »

I'm sorry you didnt do it, but if you feel its best for you right now then thats the only thing that matters :D

Plus, the option for braces never goes away, you can go get them in the future when you feel the time is right for you

Good luck in your new job & in the future :D
Lower Braces = 22nd June 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (14 months, 1 week & 4 days)
Upper braces = 10th August 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (12 months, 3 weeks & 2 days)

Megan11

#6 Post by Megan11 »

I can tell you now that there is never a "right time" to get braces. If you don't get them now you will be beating yourself up about it when you do get them. You'll think ugh If I just would have gotten them that day I would be done by now.

I understand how you feel, because, by saying the above statement that makes me a giant hypocrite. I am almost a year in and want them off so bad I even had a debanding date to get them off early. But, I am reconsidering it now because I am finally realizing that I need to just do it and do it right. Once all is said and done I will be so happy.

The fact of the matter is no one will care about your braces, especially when it comes to the age group of your peers.

But, like I said if anyone understands you chickening out its me because I got so close to doing the same but try and understand you will always have things going on in your life that make you feel like putting it off. It's better to just get it out of the way and over with so you can start enjoying your new smile.

Good Luck

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal