Gregpeckfan's Braces, two months in with pictures

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gregpeckfan

Gregpeckfan's Braces, two months in with pictures

#1 Post by gregpeckfan »

Hi folks.

I am 40. I have had severely crowded teeth my whole life and I had two consultations in my 20s. First time I was told I needed jaw surgery, four extractions, 3 years. Second doc told me 2.5 years, no jaw surgery, two extractions. I went so far as to have molds with the 2nd doc and chickened out. ! Also, could not really afford it.

Now, I took my girl (eight years old) for her first phase of treatment and decided I was going to take the plunge with her and we're mommy/daughter braces twins. My prescription - no surgery, 18 months, two extractions. Ceramic top, metal bottom.

I was braced on 5/13, then had extractions and full wire placed 5/26/09 (my son's 4th birthday!)

The worst part for me is I now have a "rogue" tooth and it isn't bracketed and it renders me virtually unable to bite as my lower arch smacks against it. But it's correcting and I will post that too.

Thanks - I don't post much but this board is a lot of encouragement. I'm mostly super positive as I've dreamed of this my whole life. But this week, I had a really dark couple days of discouragement about it.

I am getting married Labor Day weekend, and I really hoped my gaps would be further closed. Ortho predicted 2/3 closed by Labor Day and I am skeptical. But I had power chains on 6/24 and they are working ... I think.

Kelli
Braces on 5/13/2009.
First premolar Extractions 5/21/2009
Full wire placed 5/26/2009
First tightening and power chains placed 6/25/2009
Progress:
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/Kellik/progress2months.JPG
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/Kellik/prog ... months.JPG

Miranbrady20

#2 Post by Miranbrady20 »

amazing progress so far!!! good job!:)

I love my teeth

#3 Post by I love my teeth »

Hi and welcome!! I was braced on 5/14, I also had a couple consults in my 20's, told I needed jaw surgery, ect chickened out, blah, blah!! I read your story, and I could have been reading mine!! I have 2 kids about your kids ages as well!

your progress so far looks great, I have taken pics almost every week, but haven't really taken the time to compare them. I love the lipstick, I think my braces look so much better with lipstick on!

good luck wth the wedding, I also got married on labor day weekend--haha!!

Christine
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]