Margie's Story!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bekah

#46 Post by Bekah »

Your teeth are looking AWESOME! There is such a drastic difference! I am sure you are thrilled.
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Margie

#47 Post by Margie »

Hi Mike! I am very happy with my decision to get braces, they were definitely the right decision for me and I love my results so far!

Bekah - Thank you! I am so thrilled, especially now that I am on the home stretch, it shouldn't be too much longer now!

equaeternal

#48 Post by equaeternal »

hey thanks so much for your words of encouragement! I just looked through your posts and WOW your teeth are looking great. We have very similar front teeth in they way one kind of over laps the other so it makes me so happy to see the progress your teeth have made. I’ll be posting pictures soon of mine, although it will be crappy cell pictures until my camera is up an running again. Thanks again!

haidivolume

#49 Post by haidivolume »

WOW!!!

Takako

#50 Post by Takako »

Your bottom arch is fabulous O.o

Margie

#51 Post by Margie »

Thank you equaternal, haidivolume and Takako!

I have a quick update, I went for a cleaning on July 5th, it went well, and I don’t have any cavities or anything, which is always a good thing!

I had another adjustment on July 16th. They put a power chain back on top and changed my power chain on the bottom, and I am pretty sure it is longer now than the last one. This power chain even goes over the coil spring I have. They didn’t move the coil spring this time though. I was also told to keep wearing my elastics. I was hoping they would tell me I wouldn’t have to anymore, but that was just wishful thinking!

I asked the ortho when he thinks I could be getting them off, he said hopefully September, I just want them off before November when I go on my cruise.

My next appointment is August 13th! I will try to upload some new pictures before then, but I haven’t noticed any major movement, probably because there isn’t much to move now they everything is almost in position! :lol:

Margie

#52 Post by Margie »

Made a typo the last time I updated, my adjustment is today (the 16th) not the 13th.

I am kind of nervous about the appointment today, at my last appointment the ortho said he thinks my braces could be off in September, which means there is a chance I will get a de-brace date today. I am going to try to not get too excited because there is a chance it won't happen, but, then again, it could happen.

I am already a couple of months over the estimated date, which I expected anyway. It's just so close I am starting to get anxious!

Margie

#53 Post by Margie »

I just got back from the ortho, and unfortunatly I didn't get a de-brace date, I go back on September 14th for my next adjustment. The ortho did tell me that I was almost done so hopefully I will be finished in early October.

I got a new power chain on top, it goes all the way across the top. On the bottom the coil spring got moved back a tooth and I got a new (purple!) power chain on the bottom.

Now on to the exciting stuff, the pictures!

ImageImageImageImageImage

From Left to Right:

Front - Top Arch - Bottom Arch - Right Side - Left Side

Margie

#54 Post by Margie »

I think I have reached the point in my treatment where I am just frustrated and ready to get the braces taken off. I know I don’t have too much longer left to go and that only makes me feel more frustrated.

At my last adjustment I was given a power chain across the top arch and I was given different elastics to use, I think the combination of the both was what caused a massive sore on the inside of my mouth and the hook on my bracket on my left eye tooth kept catching on it and making it way worse. My solution to that was to wear wax which was good, it kept the hook from catching on the sore, but then I couldn’t wear my elastic on that side because the wax wouldn’t fit over the elastic and then I figured if I couldn’t wear the elastic on that side I had better not wear the elastic on the other side. I didn’t know if it would make a difference or not. So it is now a week later and the sore has healed and I can wear my elastics again, thankfully.

It’s just frustrating to get this far and to finally think I am past the pain of braces but unfortunately I am not.

I am really looking forward to my next appointment; it is two weeks away and I am really hoping for a de-banding date. I know I am trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up but I am having a really hard time not getting excited. A girl at work just got her braces taken of yesterday and I am so jealous! I have to keep telling myself that she had hers for over 2 ½ years, which is a year longer than what I will probably have mine on for, but I’m still feeling pangs of jealousy!

iBorg

#55 Post by iBorg »

I remember being exactly where you are. You "know" your mouth is used to wires and rubber bands and wire ties and such and then a blob becomes a blister. May I suggest warm salt water rinses to help your mouth clear this hurdle? I'll admit that I wanted my braces off at least a year before that wonderful D day. Then I realized there was no reason to want to hurry the process. Teeth move in their own very slow way. I decided just to tolerate it and even try to enjoy it. I wanted my ortho to do her best job instead of rushing her to only look at my teeth six months later and wish they were just "a little" straighter.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Margie

#56 Post by Margie »

I just got back from my ortho appointment. I had the coil taken out of my bottom arch and had new power chains put on across my top and bottom arches.

I also got the news I have been waiting for, I am getting my braces off on November 3rd! I am so excited!!!! :D

Margie

#57 Post by Margie »

I am now 9 days away from getting my braces taken off! It almost seems surreal, I thought I would be more excited then I really am. It feels like I am going in for another adjustment and not my actual de-brace date.

I am sure I will feel different next week though, maybe it is a good thing I'm not too excited yet.

I will try to post pics before I get my braces taken off and I will make sure to post pics once they do come off!

iBorg

#58 Post by iBorg »

I felt exactly the same way. Then a couple of days before I kept on seeing small details that I wasn't sure about that would disappear in a couple of hours. Then on the scheduled day, "Hot diggity dog.....let get these things out of here!" I even forgot to ask to keep them. I wish I had and I would have done what Opera Girl did, which was to glue them to a wind up pair of chattering teeth.

Good luck and start dreaming of forbidden food!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

opera^gal

#59 Post by opera^gal »

Yup I did exactly that...a reminder of money well spent!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

opera^gal

#60 Post by opera^gal »

Not to terrific pic on my story of the chattering braces..will try again soon
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B