Margie's Story!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miranbrady20

#16 Post by Miranbrady20 »

looking good!!! still clicking??

Margie

#17 Post by Margie »

Thanks XXNECRAXX! I don't have too much clicking anymore, not that I've noticed. I have been trying to keep my tounge from exploring, I figure it's best to leave things the way they are lol :lol:

Thanks sarahlynn! I was hoping to get a new wire at that adjustment but if I'm not ready for a new one it is best to wait. And I am looking forward to getting the new one at my next appointment! I have also decided to get my teeth cleaned at the same time. I figure if it is going to hurt when I get them adjusted it will probably hurt to get them cleaned so I might as well do it at once and get it over with!

kisses14

#18 Post by kisses14 »

WOW! Your teeth have moved SUPER fast! I'm impressed! You will be so happy that you opted to do the braces. I bet you'll be out of them in less than 2 years if your progress keeps up the way it has! You're looking great!!! :P

Margie

#19 Post by Margie »

Thanks kisses14! Thanks for checking out my story and for the compliments! I have been quite impressed with how quickly my teeth have been moving. It's been pretty exciting.

Margie

3 Month Update

#20 Post by Margie »

Hello Everyone!

I have my monthly update for you all! I am now at 3 months! I can't believe how quickly those 3 months have gone!

I haven't noticed any major movement besides the one tooth on my lower right side that was really crooked/crossed over is starting to straighten up but that is about it.

I have been having problems with the wires attached to my back lower molars popping out of the bracket and I have been going back frequently to get them put back in place. Tonight while I was eating my supper I noticed that I am now missing a part of the wire on the bottom left side... I must have swallowed it and not noticed. I'm hoping it isn't a big deal but I have to stop by my ortho's office tomorrow anyway so I am going to ask about it while I am there.

I have to ask the ortho's office about an invoice I received in the mail today. It really didn't make any sense to me so I am thinking it must have been sent to me in error. It says Class I Malocclusion (Invisalign) as the description and I don't have Invisalign so I have no idea what it is for. I also have no idea about what a Class I Malocclusion is so hopefully someone can clue me in about it!

I will post new pictures tomorrow and give an update about what my ortho said about the wire and the invoice!

sarahlynn

#21 Post by sarahlynn »

Congrats on your 3 month anniversary! I hit 3 months next week and I really can't believe that it's this far in already! Sorry to hear you're having issues with your wires, hopefully that won't keep happening. I'm looking forward to your new pics!
Brace days:
uppers - June 11, 2009
lowers - August 27, 2009

My story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Margie

#22 Post by Margie »

Thanks sarahlynn! Congrats on your 3 month anniversary!

I apologize for being a week late in posting my new pictures I had a pretty crazy week. I am just happy it's over and it's a long weekend!!

Now onto the pictures!

Here are my bottoms which are starting to look really good! They are practically straight already!

My tops, I don't see too much of a difference here

And the front view, I don't see much of a difference here either from last month

My next adjustment isn't until October 19th so I am really looking forward to that. Since I haven't noticed much of a difference on my top teeth I am really looking forward to getting a new wire. I am really impressed with my bottom teeth though. They have really moved into place quickly!!

sarahlynn

#23 Post by sarahlynn »

Your bottom teeth are looking great! It's amazing how quickly the bottoms seem to move. Kinda frustrating when the tops don't move quite as quickly. I bet you'll see more changes up on top by your next adjustment - and then hopefully a new wire!
Brace days:
uppers - June 11, 2009
lowers - August 27, 2009

My story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Margie

#24 Post by Margie »

I haven't posted any new pictures recently because I haven't noticed any changes; if my teeth have moved it isn't noticeable.

I am going for a cleaning and an adjustment on Monday! I am so looking forward to the cleaning; I think it is going to feel so good! And I think at the adjustment I will be getting new wires since I haven't gotten new wires yet.

I will post new pictures after my appointment on Monday!

switchblades

#25 Post by switchblades »

Hi Margie, thanks for the comment on my story :)

Your teeth have moved really fast, I notice that where your upper centrals were very crowded before, you now have a gap. That means things are moving, which is great news! I found that a lot of times they had to make gaps in some places to move other teeth around. Your time in braces will fly by, I promise!

:-#)
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

alibracket

#26 Post by alibracket »

Your teeth look great. Like you, i'm glad I took the braces route. I was thinking for a quicker and/or invisible plan (veneers) but the braces arent so bad. And the time is going by faster than I thought. Wish i had done it sooner.

Im glad to see youve had so much progress, now the 3 month interval isnt scaring me soo much.

Margie

#27 Post by Margie »

I haven't updated in ages!

The last time I wrote it was just before I went in for a cleaning and an adjustment. It felt so good to get my teeth cleaned! The hygienist used something that was like a waterpik but much more powerful. I wasn't sure if my teeth were going to feel clean afterwards like it normally would but it did. I am going to try to go for a cleaning every 5 months or so.

The adjustment was pretty quick. It was my first "real" one. I finally got new wires, that made me very excited. I have noticed some changes; they are small, but still. Small changes are better than no changes. The gap between my front teeth is closing and lining up with my other teeth which is good.

My next appointment isn't until February so I have awhile to go before then. I am hoping for new wires at that appointment, but I know to not be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

I will try to get new pictures up soon!

Margie

7 Months 3 Weeks 5 Days Picture Update!

#28 Post by Margie »

Ok, so here are the pictures I have been promising since October! I really don't see much of a difference, my next appointment is February 23rd (or something like that... lol) so I am hoping something exciting happens then because I am feeling kind of frustrated that nothing has happened in months.

Front on:

Left side:

Bottom Arch:

Right side:

Top arch:

Image[/img]

whiskers00182

#29 Post by whiskers00182 »

Your teeth look great! good job! It looks like your treatment time might be sooner than 24 months to me! You are already pretty straight!

Margie

#30 Post by Margie »

Hello!

So I am now just over 9 months in; I had my third adjustment yesterday. During the appointment I was given new wires on the top and the bottom; the strongest wires that they have! I was very surprised to find this out!

When I asked the assistant how long she thought I might have left, I was hoping she would say before November, or around November (I really want them off before my 25th birthday) and she surprised me by saying before the end of summer at the latest!! That is very exciting news!!

I go back in two months for another appointment which is when I could be getting elastics to help with my bite.

I will post some new pictures in about a month or so, or whenever I notice changes.