CERMAIC BRACES (SO SCARED)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceout23

CERMAIC BRACES (SO SCARED)

#1 Post by braceout23 »

Well where do i start, I always needed and wanted braces ever since i was young. and to make a long story short i have a awful overbite, (when i was younger i use to suck my thumb) so i went in for my consultation a month ago and i decided to get the ceramic braces. So here i am with mixed feelings i know that i am doing a good thing, but i am scared about how i will look, but on the other hand i cant wait to see the outcome when my braces journey is over. I've been reading this forums for awhile and i notice that everyone on here are so friendly. So i am getting my braces in 2 DAYS. any advice u guys can dish out would be so wonderful. wish me luck
:lol:

here are the before pics, yes i am aware that i have awful teeth. (sorry the first one is so big)

Image :wink:

kayleighkelley

#2 Post by kayleighkelley »

Welcome! Good luck and congrats on starting your braces journey. Buy lots of ibuprofen it comes in handy :)

brika

#3 Post by brika »

Hey braceout! Welcome, and congrats on beginning your journey!
It'll probably seem a little overwhelming at first, but it shouldn't take long before you forget you even have them on anymore. :)

As for advice, I definitely recommend taking some headache medicine before you go get them put on! Also, wear and bring some chapstick with you! Your lips will thank you. ;)
It might help to stock up on some soft foods for the first few weeks, too. Just in case your teeth are too sore to eat what you normally do!

You have some big changes in store...it's gonna be exciting seeing your progress! I can't wait!
Congrats again, and good luck on BRACE DAY! :D

treelessbark

#4 Post by treelessbark »

How exciting. I was wayyyy anxious for brace day. Don't worry about how you'll look with braces. I wondered that (thank goodness my boyfriend think braces are kinda cute, hehe) but then I'd rather be stuck with the wire than the teeth i had. I already have tons of confidence and love smiling in pictures, and I'm only half way through my treatment! Haha.

I also have ceramics. You can see the pics in my brace story, they are really nice, some people don't even notice sometimes, it's great. And my progress is rather speedy so far, hope yours is too! Don't forget to post your braces when you get them on.

Btw, tips:

Mash Potatoes are your friend.
EAT WHAT YOU WANT ASAP after getting your braces on. The pressure usually set in later, theres times a few hours after an adjustment, i'll accidently hit my teeth together and almost cry...I'm a wimp. Haha.
Ibprofen is your friend.
(or half a vicidon...cough)
On sore spots in my mouth i covered the brackets during the day, and take it off at night. usually the spot would toughen up over night..i might be weird but it worked for me.

That's all i can think of now. Have fun with them too. You only live once. I take time in deciding my next color of ligs for my bottom row of brackets. haha.

macgirl4ever

Advise

#5 Post by macgirl4ever »

I've had braces for just about 2 months. Things that have really helped:

1) Mac and Cheese, Jello Gelatin, and Jello Pudding
2) Taking pictures once a week and studying the differences (it really encourages me to take care of my teeth and to remain positive about having braces)
3) Advil PM, best dang stuff on the market, in my opinion. One pill and the pain is all gone, wake up in the morning and it feels just a bit better! (I really had a hard time going to sleep with the pressure in my mouth)
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

cathykay

#6 Post by cathykay »

I agree with macgirl4ever about Advil PM. It's great! Take it if necessary to get you through the first few nights. For during the day, regular Advil works well.

Don't psyche yourself out too much about getting braces,. You will be amazed at how soon your mouth gets used to having all that stuff in there.

One tip for you, because you will soon find flossing to be a pain in the butt: Buy Superfloss! It's a kind of floss made for people with braces. It has a stiff end so you don't need a threader (you will see what that it is when they show you how to clean your teeth with braces on). Superfloss makes flossing a bit less annoying.

Good luck, and welcome to AW![/url][/quote]

Ceramic on the top, metal on bottom

My Braces Story! (with pictures!)

braceout23

#7 Post by braceout23 »

Well the big day is tomorrow, I will try to post some pics if I'm not in too much pain. THANK YOU so much everyone. You guys are so wonderful i read all of your post and i will definitely take all of your tips and use them including what to eat. The ADVIL PM is a must i will pick that up as soon as i leave my appointment (I VALUE MY SLEEP LOL ). I read all of your braces stories and i just want everyone who replied to know that after looking at your pictures with such wonderful results i can't wait to see the outcome of mine. I am trying to keep this short so thanks again to everyone and please keep me updated on your progress. (I love seeing the pictures :D ) they are so inspiring. A couple more hours and i will officially become a BRACEFACE i am so ready for this journey. :wink:

pinkpixie1588

#8 Post by pinkpixie1588 »

you're going to have such a great transformation!! very exciting...can't wait to watch your story progress.

some other foods that are good to stock up on that i don't think others mentioned are yogurt and oatmeal. plus, unlike jello, it has some protein/fiber in them so it'll keep you full for longer. i hated feeling hungry an hour after eating, but not wanting to put myself through the pain of eating and then rebrushing every hour. a few days down the road, mac and cheese (like the kraft kind) is really good cuz you don't really have to chew it. you can kind of just move it around in your mouth and then swallow it and it doesn't feel like you're going to choke to death.

i also got a waterpik and i LOVE it. gets stuff out of the back brackets i didn't even realize was there.

DEFINITELY take pics to track your own progress (and to keep us all posted :wink: )

Best of luck! Keep us posted :)

braceout23

#9 Post by braceout23 »

I Finally got them. My mouth feel really weird and big. When my orthodontist was installing the brackets my bottom lip was burning me real bad, I thought that was because my lips were being stretch apart, but i notice that when he was finish my bottom lip had a big white spot like dried up glue (i thought some of the glue got on my lip) but he told me to just put cold water and chapstick on it and it will go away within 2-3 days. So now i'm home and my braces are rubbing against that spot and it's really bothering me. I was able to peel some off(bad idea) now my bottom lip looks like a sore. Did this happen to anybody before please help? LOL. Anyway the braces are okay I guess I have to get use to them it feels weird when I talk and when my mouth is close, I ate some mac and cheese when i got home from my appointment, i would say i swallowed it because it feels like my teeth are not touching when i chew, no real pain yet because I took some pain killers. I am starting to feel slight pressure. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR BEING SO SUPPORTIVE.

note: THE two teeth without brackets are baby teeth, i might have to get them extracted, but he want to see how everything goes first. It's possible that he might be able to keep them in.

HERE IS MY FIRST PIC. :lol:

braceout23

NEW BRACES SO UNCOMFORTABLE HELP!!!!

#10 Post by braceout23 »

I have been in braces for two days and i have to say, i am so fed up with them already, i find it very difficult to close my mouth, and when i do it just look real puffy like i stuff my mouth with cotton balls. :? I have sores on my bottom gums ewwww. i hope this get better, The good news is i am not in too much pain that is, until i try to eat something. ohhh how i miss eating hard food. any advice anyone?will my mouth look weird for 2 years? please help LOL :lol:

sdawdy

#11 Post by sdawdy »

USE WAX!!!!!!! ok sorry for screaming...but it is your friend...and they may say use a little, dont use a little use a lot....cover the whole offending bracket(s)....you will feel so much better.

As far as the full mouth feel, it will get better also, give it a little time and that feeling will go away!

SD

JenMarie286

#12 Post by JenMarie286 »

I know it seems like you'll never get used to them, but you will! I have In-Ovation C's too and I've had them for a little over 2 months. Eventually you kind of forget about it or don't think about it as much.

techiegirl74

Don't give up!

#13 Post by techiegirl74 »

course I can say that since I don't have mine on yet but still...ya acme this far!!

I get mine on tomorrow... (ICE brackets too) it looks like we are going through this crazy process at the same time so we can come on here and whine together and left each other up! LOL WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

treelessbark

#14 Post by treelessbark »

Dont' worry, MOST of the discomfort goes away. My mouth felt HUGE at first then i got use to it, and my overbite started to come in. Then i had to find new ways to eat and get food outta my mouth.

Foods to eat with sore mouth:
Cheesecake
Mash Potatoes
Eggs
Inside of a burrito [ground beef, beans, cheese]
rice [sometimes]
yogurt
ICE CREAM!!! Yum.
sofffft cake.
fresh donut that's uber soft.

Haha. Yeah, i have a sweet tooth. But I've had my braces for over half a year and still have to get use to the pain during adjustments. However it's been worth it, my self confidence has already gone through the roof and my teeth have atleast another year! haha.

Good luck. :D