staceyr2's story - how long must I endure this?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

staceyr2

#16 Post by staceyr2 »

Well I am a little disappointed with my last visit to the ortho. Since it was an "emergency" visit, I did not get to talk to the ortho, but I did voice my concerns to the tech. She only put the excess wire though my back band (had to bend it quite a bit to get it in there too). She did say she would note my charts with my concerns and gave me a hint of what may be getting done on my next scheduled visit. She did agree that my molar is going wonky. From what she said, I should be getting new wires for both top and bottom with all kinds of bends. I sure hope I do. I have had the same bottom wire for quite some time now and it is a little worn out where the Jasper Jumper used to rub. Not to mention, I have no bracket on the premolar (and it's rotating).
On a positive note, the powerchain is working on closing the huge gap between the insisor & canine and the open bite on that side appears to be closing (but some teeth are angling to the inside of the bottom teeth. I would think I will get a new powerchain when I go again and I will be voicing my concerns to the ortho, just incase something was missed. I don't guess we'll be talking about taking the metal off just yet. I am still hoping it will happen this year. I really wouldn't mind having the Red, White & Blues to finish them up.
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)
wearing metal self-ligating on both

staceyr2

#17 Post by staceyr2 »

Well, I had my regular appointment, and I think I got everything answered. I did get copies of my before and progress pictures, but I still have to scan them in to post them. I will get to that in the next couple of days. Found out the step down in front is to tilt the tooth more vertical. Makes sense now. I got the bracket put on my lower canine, and ouch! It's been out of the bracket for so long it has to loosen up all over again. Also got new wire on bottom. Got new Powerchain on top! Funny thing is this one doesn't hurt, YAY! Didn't get any steps in bottom wire this time.
I did get some dicouraging news, I still have a while to go in metal braces! Bummer.
And the Ortho has been requesting me up to come in every 3 weeks, but the receptionist still will not cooperate. Well, there are 6 months left in the year, so I am still hoping the metal comes off before the end of the year, but I am not as optimistic as I was before. I had hoped to get 2 visits in before I have to go cross country for a month, but will only get one, and that will push my following appointment out to about 7 weeks, which wasn't bad when I was still fresh in braces, but now that its been so long and we (me & the ortho) are trying to get my teeth to a place where I can get the metal off, I think it's kinda bad. Oh well, I paid (and still pay) for this so I might as well get over it and quit complaining. Thanks for letting me have somewhere to complain!
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)

staceyr2

#18 Post by staceyr2 »

its been quite a while since i left an update. I am back to being frustrated with the braces. I really want them off. At least the wire inside the bottom has been removed, maybe this is a sign that the rest will be coming out soon. I can only hope at this point.
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)

staceyr2

#19 Post by staceyr2 »

its been quite a while since i left an update. I am back to being frustrated with the braces. I really want them off. At least the wire inside the bottom has been removed, maybe this is a sign that the rest will be coming out soon. I can only hope at this point.
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)

staceyr2

Update with pics

#20 Post by staceyr2 »

Well, I had surgery on my gums on Oct 2. The perio called it a "pocket reduction", or crown lengthening. WOW, what a difference in my teeth!!!! I have teeth now! Here are some pics: (the "after" was taken about 4 days after surgery, so they are still very sore and kinda gross looking - my fiancee said they look like zombie gums :lol: )
normal smile:

big smile:

I go to the ortho soon, and there was talk of permanent retainers, so we will see how that goes.
I am still soooooooo ready for the braces to be off.
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)

staceyr2

No longer enduring this!!!!

#21 Post by staceyr2 »

Well, As of last week, I am free of braces!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!! Four long years in them, but now they are gone. I have bonded retainers on top front four and bottom front six, and removable retainers that resemble invisaligns. So I suppose this will be my last post in this story. I will start a new story with pictures!
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)

Lingualita

#22 Post by Lingualita »

Congrats of having your braces removed after all these years. Your teeth look sooo god, and especially that pocket reduction really transformed your smile. You must be soo happy! :D

staceyr2

#23 Post by staceyr2 »

Thanks Lingualita, I am so happy with my new smile! I know it's not quite a million dollar smile, but it's well worth at least $10,000 that I have in it. I will post new pics soon, brace-free! :BigTeethGrin:
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)