I can't believe my bite is only two teeth

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mybracestortureme

I can't believe my bite is only two teeth

#1 Post by mybracestortureme »

Today I had a new Orthodontist adventure. I am 36 and have had braces just over a year now. I am sure that I drive my husband and children nuts with all the drama my braces cause. If it wasn't for my bottle of oregano I am not sure how I would survive. Today's adventure is sure to drive my family nuts for at least 8 weeks. Today they added some kind of compound to increase two cuspids/molars one on each side. I have had for the longest time two teeth that basically pointed sideways to my tongue. The one has moved the other is coming into a very tight spot. Thanks to this wonderful procedure I now have two teeth to chew with. I am really not sure how I am going to eat. Before this procedure I would take an hour to eat. I think my ortho thinks about ways to torture my mouth. My mouth has been sore off and on for almost the entire year. I wonder if I can get my mouth insured by the time I am done, I will have spent a small fortune. I am suppose to have jaw surgery, which I am really not crazy about. I can't believe I am paying for this. If anyone has any advice :? on my new brace adventure I would love to hear it
Tamara

Andromeda

#2 Post by Andromeda »

First, I love your username! My braces have hurt me in one way or another for the larde majority of my 13 months in braces as well. Im glad I have this forum to vent on because Im sure my hubby and friends can only listen to so much and then they get bored - I probably would too so yay for this forum!

Also, I can relate to only 2 teeth touching in your bite. Mine was like that for many months and I just learned to deal with it because really, what else could I do. You'll figure out ways to chew, just give it some time to adapt.

Good luck and hope eating gets easier soon!

Ice runner

#3 Post by Ice runner »

How this look like and whay you get that? Any picture of it? I think my ortho was talking something about that too ! :?

sdawdy

#4 Post by sdawdy »

I have those also, and have had them since my bottom brackets went on almost 2 years ago. Believe me you will get used to it. It is not fun at first. It took me about a week to figure out how to eat with them. Then it was just chew as much as I could then swallow. I am hoping now that my bite is now in line (yes slow moving teeth), that they will consider removing them!!!