My story, initial situation, with pics.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lingualita

Re: My story, initial situation, with pics.

#151 Post by Lingualita »

So, I just filled in a form that I'll send to the hospital tomorrow. I still have no surgery date, and I was recently told that there is queue, so there will be no surgery before easter. It's really frustrating to not know when I'm supposed to have surgery, because it makes it so hard to plan anything. Just wish I had a date. But, on the other hand, me filling in the form today is a new step towards having this surgery, and it means that I've overcome another step on this journey.

I'll keep you guys posted :D .

Lingualita

#152 Post by Lingualita »

So,

now I've had braces for two years and four days. It feels like I've had them forever, on the other hand i feel that it's going fast. It's so far a very good decision, nd I feel that my canfidence has risen as my teeth have straightened out. I'm currently waiting for å surgery date. I hope it won't be too long.

Will keep you posted!

thongs

#153 Post by thongs »

Hi! Just thought I'd drop by to see how youy're going and where you're at. It's been a while since I checked your updates! How frustrating that its moving slowly for you. Must make it hard.

Things with me are ok.. Its been almost 6 months since the surgery and I still have some nerve issues. Nothing serious, but I touch my lip and I can feel it on my chin, and vice versa. Its strange but wouldnt stop me from doing it again. My dentist and orthodontist have been talking and have worked out how to fix my issues of missing teeth - an implant and a bridge. But it means I might be getting my top ones off in a few weeks. I'm notnholding my breath though. They need to then do some major work on the bottom and will do it one side at a time to make it easier on me. I wish they'd just do it all at one and get it over with, but if they want to do it one at a time there must be a reason. It must be pretty bad. Oh well. I am really over it all and can't wait uintil its all finished.

But as they say, hang in there, it will happen. I guess that goes for both of us! I hope to read of a hospital date in the next few months :)

musicluver

#154 Post by musicluver »

I just gotta say, what guts you have to post all of those pics! And congrats to you for taking the plunge and having them fixed! I hope all goes well for you and will be looking forward to seeing the progress unfold. Hang in there and best of luck to you! :tingrin:
MusicLuver

Lingualita

#155 Post by Lingualita »

WOW, so I've got a surgery date. 16th. of May. Not sure what to think. Excited and scared at the same time..

Well, will keep you posted on how I feel as it's getting closer.

thongs

#156 Post by thongs »

Fantastic news!!!!! Now go buy yourself a good quality blender :)

Lingualita

#157 Post by Lingualita »

Thanks Thongs, the blender is purchased!

Can't believe that it's less than 2 months until I will finally get this surgery. Right now I'm calm, but I'm pretty sure I'll freak out as it gets closer..

Lingualita

#158 Post by Lingualita »

Today it's 7 weeks until my surgery. I feel calm now, but I'm sure I'll get really nervous as it comes closer, just curious when I'll start to get anxious. One week ahead surgery? One month? Time will tell :D . I'm REALLY looking forward to it though.

So long =)

diegorgeous

#159 Post by diegorgeous »

Heyy Lingualita
How are you doing and how did your surgery go??? Pls do an update soon. Looking forward to seeing your results :D

thongs

#160 Post by thongs »

I agree! Would love an update!

I still have my braces on.. it's been over 2 years and over a month since the surgery. The surgeon thought it was too soon for the surgery when she performed it, but they went ahead anyway. If I had waited it probably would have been better, but I'm happy. I still have some tingling in my chin, which indicates nerve damage, but I don't even notice it, unless I'm plucking a chin hair, then I feel it tickle my lip LOL

I can't wait to get my braces off though. After 2+ years I'm getting lazy with brushing and picking food out, and am dreading going to the dentist for a checkup. Its easier nd quicker to brush witout braces.

One thing I do want to say though, is how worthwhile the whole thing has been. I have grown in confidence. I've been to some job interviews recently and when I was last going to interviews I was very self conscious. Now I have that added confidence. I'm sure I missed out on some jobs previously because of my appearance. I'm sure there are people reading through forums (like I did) trying to make a decision as to whether or not to go through with it (braces/surgery), so for those people, I would definitely do it all over again, I only wish I had done it sooner!

Anyway, Lingualita, would love to hear an update from you (and sorry for hijacking your story :P ). I hope the surgery went well :)

silversmiley

#161 Post by silversmiley »

Hi !

Thx for sharing your pix. Did you wear labial braces before? Would you say, lingual ones are more problematic to wear?

Greetings
Mich