MY Braces Journey, 02-16-09 --> ??

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Takako

#46 Post by Takako »

Waah! 2 days till my next appointment!

The wisdom tooth is descending more every day it seems. As my dentist's secretary said, "Well now that your molars are being pulled forward, your wisdom teeth think they have room to come in, so they're like "whee!""

Which is all good and well for my wisdom teeth, but not so good and well for me lol. Maybe I can get away with just having the one pulled. Or maybe they can let the darn things actually come in! I doubt there is room.

Anyway... My bottom right gap isn't closed :( But, the right gaps were bigger than the left ones in the first place. Amusingly, the closed gap on the left opened up a hair due to the forces pulling on my lower teeth. I think the upper left is close enough to be single-tied as well, and with a fresh powerchain on the bottom, I think it'll close up nice and fast.

I'm going for purple and yellow for halloween!

Takako

#47 Post by Takako »

Here's my new teef! Orange and black for Halloween I decided ^^ I really like the orange, it's almost fluorescent. And of course, my teeth hurt again. lol! My upper right gap is single looped, yay! The ortho seemed happy with my progress, and the assistant asked offhandedly if I was wearing any elastics, which of course I'm not... yet. I take that as a good sign I'm almost ready for them ^^.

Takako

#48 Post by Takako »

While it appears that my overbite has gotten "worse" - I think that's what it's called? How much my front teeth cover my bottoms? Overjet? I don't know all of the terms...

While it looks worse, it's just due to the fact that my jaw has come forward a lot and stuff. I'm excited that this means there's a lot of improvement to be made with my bite in the coming months. It once again reminds me how bad it really was!

And what's that funykness going on with the gum above my left front tooth lol??

Takako

#49 Post by Takako »

Wooo! Today is my next adjustment! Photos of my Christmas colors when I get back later today!!

Takako

#50 Post by Takako »

All of my gaps are closed! Really! Well ok... there's a teenyweenyhairwidthspace on my lower, but REALLY, they're closed! I hope. I don't want to spend another month on powerchains without getting something new :P It's time to bring down the molars! Or a thicker wire maybe! Or... something!

Takako

#51 Post by Takako »

All of my gaps are closed! Really! Well ok... there's a teenyweenyhairwidthspace on my lower, but REALLY, they're closed! I hope. I don't want to spend another month on powerchains without getting something new :P It's time to bring down the molars! Or a thicker wire maybe! Or... something!

Takako

#52 Post by Takako »

Whee! I've got my Christmas teeth!

My ortho confirmed that my gaps were closed! She took off all of my powerchain so I'm in regular ligatures the whole way around. I picked green and red, obviously! I don't go back for 6 weeks this time due to Christmas break.

My ortho didn't explain why we're not putting on anything new this time. I guess my teeth are going to rest or something. Normally I'd be disappointed, but she told me that next appointment, she's going to do "repositioning"! Apparently, she's going to take off some brackets and place them in better locations to adjust my teeth ^^ YAY! Long appointment, but exciting!

Takako

#53 Post by Takako »

My lower right gap has reopened since they took off the powerchain... should I call?

Takako

#54 Post by Takako »

Well the gap has gotten smaller over night again. Not as small as it was before the powerchain was taken off, but not as big as it was yesterday evening.

Takako

#55 Post by Takako »

I'm really worried that the gaps that came back are going to delay my treatment, but I couldn't find a good time to go visit my ortho. I'm going to call on the 28th when they get back, but that's like, the day of my appointment. Hopefully they can still do something...

Takako

#56 Post by Takako »

So my last appointment went well and I'm just a few weeks away from my next one! AK! No new pictures; I just can't get the photo to look right. But I don't think there's been much - if any - movement, anyway.

They DID do the repositioning!! My ortho doesn't seem bothered by the gaps that came back, so neither am I! I do wonder what's in store for my next appointment. My teeth are rather naked right now, with just the same wire I've had for almost a year now, and normal ties.

Takako

#57 Post by Takako »

Nothing has really happened the past few adjustments, really. I had powerchain put on last time to close the gaps back up, but they aren't quite there. I've considered popping in and having them put on fresh powerchain since it always works better, but that would be the first time I've ever gone in before an app and I don't want to seem pushy. But I feel kind of like I've been neglected for like, three months. So meh, I don't know. It just seems like I could have been closing these gaps five weeks ago after the repositioning. But I'm not an ortho.

real2

#58 Post by real2 »

You are you're most important critic.

Simply ask your orthodontist, and imply that "maybe it's a good idea?".

That way, if it really is, then they will hook you up with exactly what you need.

Otherwise, you might just be another face in your clinic.

Takako

#59 Post by Takako »

Thank you for the advice! I think I'm going to be a bit forward tomorrow at my app and ask what's in store for the next few appointments. I just had my teeth cleaned on Thursday so they should be very happy with me lol! I just don't think I could stand 4 more weeks of sitting in powerchains with nothing else going on. That'd be... well, the gaps were closed as of Thanksgiving, then opened over christmas, so that's about 6 weeks, then I had the adjustment, and more powrchain in February, so that's 8 more weeks. That's 14 weeks!!! 14 weeks where I feel like basically nothing has happened. Other than backtracking.

Takako

#60 Post by Takako »

One thing I can confirm for SURE is that the recessed gum I had on my lower right front incisor is really, truly getting better! This is likely due to better dental hygiene and keeping plaque away from it. It has basically healed all on its own nearly up to where the tooth beside it is! And to think, my dentist/ortho gave me referrals to an oral surgeon to have that fixed after my braces came off. Heh! Turns out that properly caring for my mouth was all it needed.