Kaydee's braces story...with pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kaydee

#16 Post by kaydee »

Well I got called in to work the other day and did a 3 day trip. So I spent 2 nights away from home. It doesnt sound too hard, but when u are stuck in some town and you have to go searching all the restaurant's menus for something to eat makes it very difficult. After spending 30 mins, I went to this italian restaurant, and then spent another 20 mins on the menu. I wanted a pasta (tomato based) but was worried about staining my ligs. A few days earlier I had made a chicken schnitzel and survived eating that so i went for the chicken breast and vegies. I asked them to cook the vegies well, anyway this dinner turned up and the breast was the dryest toughest I have ever had, the vegies were severely undercooked and all I could eat was the potato, and after spending $25 I had to go searching for another dinner.

Then the next day my archwire had started coming through the end of the molar bands up top and poking into my cheek, so by the end of the day it was quite tender and starting to form a bit of an ulcer. Lucky i had a flighty who used to be a dental nurse and she gave me some advice. Oh and she also told me that I have mini ovations on bottom and clarity on top (woohoo, now i can name drop) So anyway back to the ortho on wednesday to get my wire trimmed. Im really hoping this is a sign of movement.

Im going to be naughty tonight, Im having spaghetti bol as I am so hungry and need some soft food and really hoping I dont stain my clear ligs toooooooo much.......

kaydee

#17 Post by kaydee »

Just a little update on my toothie peg movement, I think its quite substantial. Look at my canine that is sitting right up in the gum and how far it has moved down in 12 days of braces.

This is just a few days before braces went on

This is day 12 of braces, note the canine postition now

kaydee

Re: Kaydee's braces story...updated pics

#18 Post by kaydee »

kaydee wrote:Well, I thought it was about time i took the time to write out my story. Im a 35 year old female (the new 21) living in australia.

I was originally told when I was a kid I would need braces, but the dentist back then said wait until all my adult teeth had come through. And financially I dont think my parents could afford it. When I was 21, i was about to move to sydney to start working for a bank and just prior to going down I had a dentist appt and he said to me "when you get a little bit of money behind you I would seriously invest in getting some braces" So this was always in the back of my mind.

Later that year, for some reason I decided I wanted to learn to fly and make a career out of it. I started learning to fly and this took 5 years of lots of money to pay for the lessons to get my commercial license. Eventually I got work as a flight instructor but as you are starting out the wages are very low and continued to be for the next several years. I got into a small regional airline back in 2005. I went for a consult with an orthodontist probbaly early 2006.

He basically told me I had overcrowding, I still had one baby tooth and an impacted canine. The diagnosis was 2 years in braces with canine exposure surgery. He gave me a referal to an oral surgeon, which I couldnt get in with the bloke for about 3 months, so left it.

Then I started chasing a job with one of the big airlines in oz and got accepted. This was going to cost $30,000 for an aeroplane endorsement for the job but was also going to more than double my pay. :o

Now that Im settle in this job and debt free (apart from a mortgage) I decided to get the braces. I rang up in april and eventually got an appt in may, this ortho told me he would take out 9 teeth, including the 4 wisdoms, the baby tooth and the canine. He said as I wasnt 16 anymore pulling the canine down may or may not work or could take quite a long time. :?

My oral surgery was scheduled for the 12 nov, so I had the 9 teeth pulled under a general. I got spacers in on wed 3rd dec and BRACES TOMORROW!!! :shock:

So for now thats my story. I have taken pics but I have to work out how to upload them onto here, so bare with me. :wink:

kaydee

Re: Kaydee's braces story...updated pics

#19 Post by kaydee »

kaydee wrote:Well, I thought it was about time i took the time to write out my story. Im a 35 year old female (the new 21) living in australia.

I was originally told when I was a kid I would need braces, but the dentist back then said wait until all my adult teeth had come through. And financially I dont think my parents could afford it. When I was 21, i was about to move to sydney to start working for a bank and just prior to going down I had a dentist appt and he said to me "when you get a little bit of money behind you I would seriously invest in getting some braces" So this was always in the back of my mind.

Later that year, for some reason I decided I wanted to learn to fly and make a career out of it. I started learning to fly and this took 5 years of lots of money to pay for the lessons to get my commercial license. Eventually I got work as a flight instructor but as you are starting out the wages are very low and continued to be for the next several years. I got into a small regional airline back in 2005. I went for a consult with an orthodontist probbaly early 2006.

He basically told me I had overcrowding, I still had one baby tooth and an impacted canine. The diagnosis was 2 years in braces with canine exposure surgery. He gave me a referal to an oral surgeon, which I couldnt get in with the bloke for about 3 months, so left it.

Then I started chasing a job with one of the big airlines in oz and got accepted. This was going to cost $30,000 for an aeroplane endorsement for the job but was also going to more than double my pay. :o

Now that Im settle in this job and debt free (apart from a mortgage) I decided to get the braces. I rang up in april and eventually got an appt in may, this ortho told me he would take out 9 teeth, including the 4 wisdoms, the baby tooth and the canine. He said as I wasnt 16 anymore pulling the canine down may or may not work or could take quite a long time. :?

My oral surgery was scheduled for the 12 nov, so I had the 9 teeth pulled under a general. I got spacers in on wed 3rd dec and BRACES TOMORROW!!! :shock:

So for now thats my story. I have taken pics but I have to work out how to upload them onto here, so bare with me. :wink:

kaydee

#20 Post by kaydee »

What in the earth have i done, all i wanted to do was change the title, oh well apologies. And it looks like I cant delete it either.

kaydee

#21 Post by kaydee »

Its my first adjustment tomorrow, wish me luck. A lot of movement has happened since I was last on here, my canine has moved right down into place now, I will post some progress pics in about a week. (after i have done my check at work, which im supposedly madly studying for right now) :wink:

kaydee

#22 Post by kaydee »

Ok I thought I might give a few updated pics. I had my first adjustment today and it was a non event, all the ortho did was change my ligs (put a wire tie on one apparently to make it happen a bit faster?) and put a few bends in my bottom wire to make them line up a bit more in preparation for a heavier wire. So all this hype turne dout to be nothing, I thought i was going to be eating soup, mashed potato and ice cream, but there is no pain whatsover, I could down a steak if I wanted. Anyway here are the pics.....

Look at those bottom teeth

A side on view (note the canine from previous pics0

A front view

You can see the little bends in the bottom wires he has put in. When I went in this morning he said even my bottom teeth had moved, i thought he was on drugs as I could not see they had moved at all, and then I just took that top shot and compared it to the beginning, OH MY GOODNESS THEY HAVE MOVED!!!

Tommm

#23 Post by Tommm »

Your teeth are moving so fast it's amazing! Especially that canine. I hope mine moves like that lol. Congrats on your progress!

kaydee

#24 Post by kaydee »

I have just had my second adjustment. I had a thicker wire and a power chain put on my bottom. Its been about 2 hours since he put them on and I already feel the pressure. i instantly felt the tightness of the thicker wire when we fed it through before he even tied it in. Now Im starting to get a bit of an ache, so I think for the first time since I have had these things on I mioght have to resort to some nurofen, we'll see how it goes. :?

sdawdy

#25 Post by sdawdy »

congrats on the powerchain and new wire....you will feel it for the next day or so....go easy but remember chewing will help in the long run

btw...you teeth are moving nicely

SD

kaydee

#26 Post by kaydee »

Ok I will put up some updated pics. Braces went on 8th Dec 2008, 2nd adjustment today 18 Mar 2009. Power chain and thicker wire on bottom. Yeah, OUCH!!! But boy have they moved since day 1, little champions.

kayleighkelley

#27 Post by kayleighkelley »

Your teeth look great! You've had great movement in such little time :)

kaydee

#28 Post by kaydee »

It's been a very long time since I have been on here and posted but after nearly a 17 month sentance my braces are coming off tomorrow. Excited and nervous. Overall I have had no troubles with my braces, just a bit of tenderness for a few days after each adjustment. So all in all it's been worth it. Watch this space for pics...... :D

Under Construction

#29 Post by Under Construction »

Congratulations, Kaydee! I'm anxious to see your "after" photos since I just had the very same teeth extracted a few weeks back!