Tara's story - updated 12/18/08

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

my3sons

Plus sign!

#16 Post by my3sons »

Well, we're pregnant, and feeling no symptoms yet...let's hope it stays that way! FYI, the baby would be due in August. Woo hoo!

my3sons

#17 Post by my3sons »

Thanks! I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you...exhaustion has set in, and I've not even had the energy to lurk on here. Plus, it reminds me of how much longer I have to wait to start my braces journey! :?

my3sons

#18 Post by my3sons »

Thanks! Tomorrow is my first ob appointment...not a big deal...just doing another test, and then requesting bloodwork. Hopefully, everything is fine...then the countdown to brace day begins!

my3sons

#19 Post by my3sons »

Not much to report on the braces front, although next week starts my journey, finally. Fillings next Tuesday, then they pull my top bicuspids the next Tuesday, then spacers the Monday after that, and then brace day is the day after that (2 major drives in 2 days..not happy about that!)

The baby situation is going well. I was really worried about morning sickness, since it was so bad last time, but I've had nothing so far, thankfully. Of course, that means I *should* be able to wear my elastics as I am supposed to, so my treatment should be uneventful. I had my second OB appointment yesterday, and based on my blood test, he bumped be up to Aug 9...we'll see. I'm usually better at predicting than my doctor! Anyway, I'm healthy, and he/she/it appears to be healthy, so life is good.

More to report in a few weeks!

my3sons

update on braces and baby

#20 Post by my3sons »

Well, I'm glad to see we're back...I've really missed posting here.
Braces news: I'm fully braced as of Jan. 6, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The wost part was putting on the molar bands...the space was so tight that he had to shave my teeth to get them on, and that was after having worn spacers. I popped a bracket on the front about a week after I got them on, plus I dislodged one of my molar bands, so had to have some repairs already, but all is well now.
Baby news: I had a miscarriage on Sunday, Jan. 18, a day after my birthday. I was 10 weeks and 5 days along, so it was pretty devastating. I'm now recuperating, and hoping for a clean bill of health on Monday so we can try again in a few months.
Anyway, I'm supposed to be on bed rest, so I need to pop back onto the sofa. Glad to "see" all of you again!

switchblades

Re: update on braces and baby

#21 Post by switchblades »

my3sons wrote:Well, I'm glad to see we're back...I've really missed posting here.
Braces news: I'm fully braced as of Jan. 6, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The wost part was putting on the molar bands...the space was so tight that he had to shave my teeth to get them on, and that was after having worn spacers. I popped a bracket on the front about a week after I got them on, plus I dislodged one of my molar bands, so had to have some repairs already, but all is well now.
Baby news: I had a miscarriage on Sunday, Jan. 18, a day after my birthday. I was 10 weeks and 5 days along, so it was pretty devastating. I'm now recuperating, and hoping for a clean bill of health on Monday so we can try again in a few months.
Anyway, I'm supposed to be on bed rest, so I need to pop back onto the sofa. Glad to "see" all of you again!
Good to hear you got braced, I'm so sorry about your loss though! Hopefully all is well when you have your checkup done. You seem in fairly good spirits all things considered, good luck with everything! *hugs*
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

my3sons

still here

#22 Post by my3sons »

Howdy! I'm 2 months into my braces journey, and I've noticed some major improvement on my front 6. The bottoms, however, seem very stubborn. I go tomorrow for my second adjustment, and I'm anxious to see what he'll do with that. Basically, the goal of this wire was to turn the teeth (especially the bottoms) to a more straight position before moving them back. Last adjustment, I kept the same wires, but had a few of the brackets wired up with lingual wire, then new o rings. I definitely had some major pain on those teeth...we'll see if there's enough movement to move on. One indicator - my bottom lip is catching on the brackets again, but in different places, so something is happening.

In other news, we've gotten the green light to go ahead and try again for #4. At this point, we're not going to actively try, but if it happens, hooray. I'm just not up for all the concentration on that right now. We've all been focusing on our overall health, and have gotten back into family walks, when the weather cooperates. Hopefully by Wednesday we can do that again...getting out into the sun and fresh air is such a sanity-saver.

I've been reading other people's stories, catching up. It seems like mostly positive outcomes so far. Let's hope that continues!