~*!Arby's Brace Story!*~**Bad Luck and More Bad Luck***

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Arbywhopper

#31 Post by Arbywhopper »

If it wasn't for bad luck I don't think I would have any luck at all. Monday we had some snow and ice fall. I made it home from work with out and incident. I proceeded to let my dogs outside, and I slipped on the ice and fell into one of the holes that they dug. OUCH!!! Now I will be in this for a month!!!! :ouch:

Its broke in two places, and I have can't put any weight or pressure on it. So I’m stuck on crutches. They aren't very fun at all. :?

Other than that I don't have any news to report my braces. I just wish that my luck would change!! Lol!! But on the bright side I’m suppose to be on bed rest for the next two days, so I get out of doing all of the house chores!! YAY!! :D
Spacers: October 2, 2008
Top Braces: October 7, 2008
Sentence: 36 Months
Click the "www" for my braces story!! Progress Pic's Posted!!!

my3sons

#32 Post by my3sons »

Geez! When it rains, it pours, right? Are you supposed to get the next round that PA gets tonight?

Keep that foot up, and revel in the fact that now people are waiting on you. Good luck!

Arbywhopper

#33 Post by Arbywhopper »

So I just had my second adjustment yesterday. It went rather well, I have been cleared to go ahead and get my bottom braces put on at my next adjustment. Yay!! :jump: I haven't seen much progress from last photo to this one, but my overbite is getting much bigger which is what they wanted to see. :D I will post an updated picture soon.

Hubby has had knee surgery and recovered really well. He is looking at going back into the Army. Its really scary on my part, but he wants to do it, so i stand behind him 100%. His braces have been put on hold once again. But he will get them sooner or later.

I'm finally out of my cast. Everything has healed, and I’m almost as good as new. :D

Other than that everything has been pretty much the same. I just can't wait to get my bottom teeth braced.

-Arby

shinyRiver

#34 Post by shinyRiver »

:( Aww. I can see why it would be scary for your husband to go back into the army. But hopefully the war is almost over. And the military is the best option for a lot of people these days. It offers economic security that, in these times, the rest of the job market cannot. So joining up can be a really good thing. Except for the being apart.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your leg is better! It seemed the iciness was almost over up here in Dayton... No such luck. Now that all the snow is melting, the streets are like water during the day and solid ice at night. Is Cinci still covered in snow?

I hope you and your husband are keeping warm and doing well, and I can't wait to see your bottom braces!

Bekah

#35 Post by Bekah »

My Hubby is in the Air Force. If you ever want to talk to another military spouse just shoot me a message!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Arbywhopper

#36 Post by Arbywhopper »

Okay so alot has happened since my last update!! I have moved because my husband left me, so that has put a big stop on the braces for the next couple of months. I have decided to go back to school and get my nursing degree so i'm going to wait till i get settled in at school in May to get set up with a new orthodontist. I'm excited to start school again, but i'm really nervous too. I have posted a pic of my progress so far. its really amazing and i can't wait to get the bottom ones on and straight and then line them all up.

I finally got out of my cast, 2 months was long enough!!! and now i'm ready to play in the snow!!! i hope that everyone has been well!!! Talk to you all soon

-Arby

switchblades

#37 Post by switchblades »

Hi Arby, looks like you've been having a pretty tough go of things, but I'm glad to see your spirits are high! Good luck on your school, it's a tough decision to go back, but it is well worth it in the end! I am doing the opposite of what you did...I got my braces on in my last days of my degree, and I'm waiting to continue my education until my braces come off, sometime in 2010. I will be taking a few courses through distance learning - a welcome distraction when I'm recovering from surgery, for sure! - and hopefully moving all the way to the opposite coast of Canada to take my Bachelor of Social Work from UBC (I need a change of scenery too!).

I hope you are enjoying playing in the snow with your furbabies, and that your new home is treating you well! Glad to hear you got your cast off!
Initial Consult: August 22nd, 2008
Upper Arch Bracketed: October 22nd, 2008
Lower Arch Bracketed: December 3rd, 2008
Debraced: October 15th, 2009

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

shinyRiver

#38 Post by shinyRiver »

Hey ArbyWhopper.
Sorry things seem so up-in-the-air for you right now. But on the other hand your teeth look fantastic!

catfish

#39 Post by catfish »

Wow, you really are due for some good luck! Maybe this move and starting school will be it. Good luck with your braces journey, and I hope you find an ortho you really like in your new home.
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Tommm

#40 Post by Tommm »

I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage. I've been through it too and it sucks! Good news is that your teeth look great and it sounds like you're moving in a positive direction. Perhaps getting that cast off was symbolic of the fact that nothing is holding you down from achieving your dreams and pursuing your happiness?

Wishing you the best of luck!

brika

#41 Post by brika »

I'm so sorry to hear about all that you've endured over the past few months. :( I hope this change brings nothing but good luck for you from here on out! I wish you the best!

Arbywhopper

#42 Post by Arbywhopper »

Thanks to everyone for your posts!! Sorry it has been so long since i last posted. Its be a rough couple of months. But everything is going good now, i start school in a week so thats pretty exciting.

Along the braces front nothing much has happened, i haven't had an adjustment since January but i do go in tomorrow for one. I will hopefully get my bottom braces on and then everything will be transfered closer to my school. I will post pictures tomorrow after my adjustment, but there hasn't been much change.

Again thanks for all your support!! i will be able to keep up better when i get to school!!

-Arby

Braceschris

#43 Post by Braceschris »

We all hope that the adjustment went well and that you are doing well with starting school. Hope that the other factors are getting worked out and on the road to recovery. Hope that the ankle is all well now.

Chris

Arbywhopper

#44 Post by Arbywhopper »

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm finally up and running at school!! yay!!! I went to my new orthodontist today to get more records taken... and a pre-eval done. Keeping on the bad news front... My new othro want to break my lower jaw!!! My old ortho didn't say anything about this!!! i'm a little freaked out, and don't know where to take this. He is the only ortho in this town, and i don't have a car up here, so there is no way for me to get a second option. Its really making me upset... he says he won't be able to get the results that he would like and my teeth would wear down and i would need either more orthodontic care in the near future or dentures, soon after i get them taken off. GRR!!! :evil: :?

School has started off good, i have really nice roommate's and it is so pretty up here!!! i'm right off a lake, and i have a wonderful view from my dorm room. I'm still trying to get back in the habit of studying and homework and everything else that goes along with it. but its coming back slowly but surely. Well off to so more studying!!!!

-Arby