Full metal Damon mouth [4th adjustment, lowers came out]

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jxds

#61 Post by jxds »

I still have my five laced front teeth a little sore, but it's much better now. I suppose they have laced them together with this thin wire to have them move all at the same time and close some gaps that had opened. They closed in a few hours, especially one between my two front teeth, and man that did hurt! Now I think the elastics are trying to move all of them together...
braced 07/02/08, braces off january 2010
sentence: 18 months, upper and lower damons + elastics
Bonded+essix retainers
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28298

haywire

#62 Post by haywire »

i didnt have the to read the entire topic but i have a question, how fast elastics correct the bite? i also have deep bite (check my story) in about 2 months i will get my lower braces on and start wearing elastics. my teeth straighten very fast but i'm worried about how long it will take for my bite to correct, what can u tell me about that? it's a long time process?
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

Laney'sBraces

#63 Post by Laney'sBraces »

I was comparing your oldest and most recent pics and the arch of your teeth really is noticably wider now.
Image Image

Flaka

#64 Post by Flaka »

jxds,

Hey, looking good there. How are those elastics treating you? I have had my fron teeth wired together since day one and the crosbite elastic as well and let me tell you, its moving slower than a turtle but oh well what can I do. Your front elastics arent so bad :) I have a box onthe front that looks very moronic when I talk...so yours are looking wonderful compared to mine haha :)
Hope your treatment is going well.

jxds

#65 Post by jxds »

Hey, Flaka, nice to hear from you! I wouldn't say that my elastics look wonderful, perhaps we could find a more appropriate word, haha! :)
I've been wearing elastics since mid-april in different configurations and now I am sort of tired of them! My cross-bite improved a lot and now my molar seems to be already in place - I keep wearing the cross-elastic at night and sometimes also during the day but it's mostly done.

My midline is a different story - it does not seem to be moving. I've wore the elastics almost religiously but they do not seem to be working -the current configuration is there since june and we are almost october and my midline is still way off... I can't really tell if it has improved or not, but it is definitely still off.

My original estimate for removal was december 09, but I see still a lot of issues and probably it will take longer - midline, deepbite, levelling, one incisor higher than the other... I kind of disappointed at this point, especially because I'm very tired of the elastics and I don't see that they are worth the effort...

On the other side Laney, yes, my arches have widened and my teeth are all aligned now, which is great. Thanks for the encouragement!

So haywire, be prepared for a long trip - from my experience I can tell that alignement happens really quickly but bite correction is way slower. Sorry if I'm not more positive today! :?

I post new pics, but the look almost the same as the old ones! :(

Bonded+essix retainers

jxds

#66 Post by jxds »

The button inside my molar fell off and I swallowed it, so I couldn't keep wearing the elastic for my crossbite. I called the ortho office and went for an "emergency" appointment today. He looked my teeth and bite and decided not to replace the button. He says that my cross bite is fully corrected now, which is great. Now I have to keep wearing the elastics for the midline (they work soo slowly!) and go back in a month, when he will 'attach a new appliance" ! :( I thought that was it, but apparently I still will have the chance to try a new torture device. I don't know which one, but right now I'm so disappointed... I wonder what appliance he was refering to, apparently the only thing that has still to be corrected is my deep bite. All my teeth are quite aligned now, the cross bite is ok and the midline is being corrected by the elastics. I just that I've had enough but things do not seem to be near the end, although my original 18 month estimate finishes by december... I have pretty much assumed by now that I will be another example of underestimation of treatment time... :(
Bonded+essix retainers

jxds

probable debanding date!!

#67 Post by jxds »

I went for an adjustment, complaining because the elastics are not correcting the midline despite the fact that I've been wearing them pretty much 24/7. The ortho said probably the assimetry is skeletal and the midline cannot be fully corrected - which does not seem as a big issue to me: I had a very deep bite, a cros bite and crowding that have all been corrected by now, so I'm happy with the results so far.

He told me to keep wearing the elastics to see if we can correct the midline a little bit more, and then the good news came. He said that in a month he will cement a permanent bonded retainer on my lowers and in another month he would probably take my braces off! I am soo happy, since these last months with the elastics have been very long. I would certainly change the 2 remaining months with elastics by 4 more months without rubber bands, but this does not seem to be an option for me!

Anyway, I'm really happy about that, and looking forward to get rid of my braces. -they are not a big deal anymore (except for the elastics) but I really miss my bare teeth! :D
Bonded+essix retainers

LeahRuth

#68 Post by LeahRuth »

Congrats!! You're almost done.

You and I seem to have a lot of the same problems (crossbite, deepbite, midline.. way out of line!) Just wondering when you started wearing the elastics for your midline, and for how long?

jxds

#69 Post by jxds »

Thanks a lot, leah!

I've been wearing the midline elastics since June, so it's been five months already and little movement -but that depends, some people gets it corrected in no time while I seem to be stuck- so don't take my case as a reference!
Bonded+essix retainers

jxds

GOT THEM OFF!

#70 Post by jxds »

A few weeks ago I got m braces off! I'll post pictures as soon as I can, but essentially I'm happy with the results, though not 100%, since my midline and my overbite could not be completely corrected -that would have required surgery, and I didn't even consider that. My teeth are perfectly aligned, though, and my cross-bite has been corrected, which is good for my TMJ!

I got a bonded retainer in my lowers and essix upper and lower retainers. The essixs are discrete and comfortable, although having to take them out to snack does bother me. And sometimes the lower essix makes me gag and I have to take it out, esp in the mornings.

Thanks to everyone that encouraged me through the braces journey!
:D
Bonded+essix retainers

Jethro

#71 Post by Jethro »

Congrats bro, you made it!!! Looking forward to seeing the end result. As you mentioned in the other forum, we ultimately do this for ourselves.

I hope to be set free in five or six months. I'm not expecting perfection either, just straigh teeth with no crossbite. Again, congrats and thanks for sharing!!!

Flaka

#72 Post by Flaka »

That is so awesome jdx. Congrats!! I am glad that you are happy with the results :)