Day 3 and ouch!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blake24

#16 Post by Blake24 »

Hey Megan,

Just read through your story...things are looking great! Don't switch to Invisalign! You have made it this far...might as well stick it out. By the way, it looks like you and I have the same braces. How are the Damon 3's treating ya?

Blake

Megan11

#17 Post by Megan11 »

Thanks Teylix! Ha, I know I should definitely not complain because I heard surgery is killer. I hope you have a quick recovery. I am trying to work on letting things play out as they should, but its my nature to be impatient!

Thank you so much Blake! Those are just the words I need to hear, really. Ugh, I have a meeting at 3:30 today where all eyes will be on me and today is a day I wish I did not have braces, to say the least. I don't know why but I feel like I can't be taken seriously with braces. Haha, believe me I am well aware of how absolutely ridiculous that sounds, but I can't help but feel that way! I feel like everyone is thinking, " What the hell is this 14 year old rambling on about!?" :cry:

On a positive not at least I will be all the more confident once treatment is over --something to look forward to I suppose... :-#)

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

Megan11

#18 Post by Megan11 »

wth is the deal with all these new gaps....really?

:(

I don't get it, my teeth look way worse than they did the last couple of months. I think maybe my midline needs to be moved over... I'd show you a pic of my midline but I have gray powerchains on the bottom and you won't be able to see....

Bah Im disappointed....

jdsfhdjfhsj

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

martinboyce

#19 Post by martinboyce »

Hi Megan,

sorry i missed your message on my own post, slipped through the net.
Hello Martin!

Question for you!

The tooth you had that was pretty far in the palate, I believe its called your incisor....when that tooth was being pulled up to the arch did it bring your gum along with it?

When the incisor was pulled all the way from the back it seemed to travel through the gum, as it joined the rest in the arch i noticed it was inflammed a bit red and swollen. The orthos had advised me to brush that area, harder and for longer. A few weeks after the redness went.

from start to end it was little over a month, i was extatic about the movement, being one of my biggest ever gripes.

Hows things with you?

martinboyce

#20 Post by martinboyce »

Hi Megan,

sorry i missed your message on my own post, slipped through the net.
Hello Martin!

Question for you!

The tooth you had that was pretty far in the palate, I believe its called your incisor....when that tooth was being pulled up to the arch did it bring your gum along with it?

When the incisor was pulled all the way from the back it seemed to travel through the gum, as it joined the rest in the arch i noticed it was inflammed a bit red and swollen. The orthos had advised me to brush that area, harder and for longer. A few weeks after the redness went.

from start to end it was little over a month, i was extatic about the movement, being one of my biggest ever gripes.

Hows things with you?

Megan11

#21 Post by Megan11 »

No Problem Martin.

Do you see what I mean about it looking like it's not really up on the gum-line?

It's hard to see in that picture because I don't have a camera so I am just using my photobooth on my computer :D

But...It's just throwing off my whole smile. I remember my ortho saying before I started that I might need to get gum resurfacing because sometimes teeth that are in the palate drag the gum along with it....But your tooth looks perfectly normal so I don't know. There is a powerchain on that tooth right now but all it's doing is pulling it too far away from the incisor making a gap that wasn't there before...

I just don't know how he is planing to move that tooth because he has yet to try anything "fancy" with it.

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

Megan11

#22 Post by Megan11 »

againbrace wrote:Hi Megan,

Hope your meeting went OK for ya'!

Yep, it just looks like you're in one of those "gets worse before it gets better" stages. Sorry about that, but it's all part of having our braces. Sigh! It will get sorted out. Time and patience are our friendly enemy! LOL! But it does look like your arches are coming along pretty good.

I hate to say it but "Hang in there"!

Keep us posted! Ken.
Thank you so much Ken, you always know the right thing to say! :D

My meeting went alright. I never thought braces affected my speech but when all I could hear was myself talking I was like :shock: eeeek haha.

There was a lot of Yeshhh, instead of yes :cry:

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

Mikee11187

#23 Post by Mikee11187 »

wow megan, your teeth are going to look gorgeous when you get them off!

Megan11

#24 Post by Megan11 »

Thanks Mike :D , I sure hope so!

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

Megan11

#25 Post by Megan11 »

Just a little update...

My last adjustment was on May 26th and a lot was done.
Powerchains GALORE! I have powerchains across entire upper and lower. I got the smoke colored one on top and when they stretch they look clear but I do not like them. I have not seen any progress with the two gaps I had. The silver ones work much better but they are just too metal looking. :twisted:
see^^^ The gap between the lateral and front tooth looks like it has closed some in this picture but it really hasn't.
This past adjustment I also got my first elastic configuration. They are Rams and boy are they heavy. They are working well though but still not 100% yet.
I still think that this canine needs to come forward some. Do you agree? I don't know, my ortho never says anything about this canine, just the other one.

Here are my bottoms. I haven't had the wire changed in FOREVER. The powerchain gets replaced every time though. I am assuming they are pretty much done.

My midline is still off... my bottoms are too far left and my uppers are too far right...go figure...
I'll post a picture of that later...

Still feeling impatient. Still considering an early release in August. I don't know yet...

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

Megan11

#26 Post by Megan11 »

10 months down 4 or less months to go!

Teeth Today:

The two gaps are closing thanks to new pc's.

I've got class 3 triangles on both upper canines. Go back in three weeks. I've been crazy obsessive about my elastics to hurry this process along. Still impatient as ever but exciting with the results I am seeing.

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

Margie

#27 Post by Margie »

Your teeth are looking great! Hopefully you will get them off before Christmas! I think it is amazing how quickly teeth move so drastically in such a short amount of time!

Megan11

#28 Post by Megan11 »

Thank you so much Margie! Yes, it's definitely crazy how fast they move at the beginning. I am now, unfortunately, at the slow stage :( .

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

sarahlynn

#29 Post by sarahlynn »

You're right, we do have a similar story - it is encouraging to me how quickly your canines moved into the arch. I am already experiencing sensitivity in them as they're moving. I have to wear a lower tray and at the moment one canine is very sensitive even when I have my mouth closed and resting since that canine is hitting the tray - but it's on the move, that;s all that matters!!

I think the thing that will prolong my treatment more than yours is that I have a deep bite. My ortho won't even put the lowers on until the canines come forward, and then I get molar bumps so that I don't bite off the lower brackets. Yay :roll:

Congrats on your progress, it is great to see someone else with similar issues!
Brace days:
uppers - June 11, 2009
lowers - August 27, 2009

My story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

sarahlynn

#30 Post by sarahlynn »

Forgot to add that my ortho estimated it would be 6-12 months for my canines to come forward, and I'd be ecstatic if it happened in 6 months or less. Based on what I've been reading I would be surprised if it took 12 months for it to happen, it seems like most big movements occur within 6 months or so.
Brace days:
uppers - June 11, 2009
lowers - August 27, 2009

My story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=