The never ending story of Clo's braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Snagglelady

#46 Post by Snagglelady »

OMG, just read your story and I'm in shock that this can happen! You are a trooper, for sticking it out this far. I really hope that someone can sort it out for you, or at the very least tell you why this can't be fixed! Good luck with your treatment, I hope there is an end in sight for you!

Ice runner

#47 Post by Ice runner »

Hey everybody,

I have a question.....if u have a TPA....does it bother speaking or can u speak normally ? Specialy couple first days ?

Thanks for answers.

Ice runner

#48 Post by Ice runner »

Hey everybody,

I have a question.....if u have a TPA....does it bother speaking or can u speak normally ? Specialy couple first days ?
And congratulations Clo, u are doing very good think, I hope ur treatment will be finish soon, all the best!

Bye

Ice runner

#49 Post by Ice runner »

Ups, my mistake, admin please erase my last posts :)
tnx

:)
Last edited by Ice runner on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iBorg

#50 Post by iBorg »

Clo:
It seems like your experience is constantly downhill. Could you have tried so much that just stopping and let your mouth and your wits heal would allow you to approach this with a better perspective? It seems like you keep on getting bounced from here to there that maybe trying to get control of the situation would help.

After that long deep breath, start fresh. Maybe even start in another town or even another country. It just seems like you can't get away from the same mentality that is saying this (a less than acceptable result) is as good as it gets. Maybe if you went to orthos with a different mindset you could get the result you deserve. As for surgery not being possible or not being stable, I have to wonder why. Maybe if an ortho could explain that, you could make a better decision.

Good luck, there's a lot of people pulling for you.
Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

FuzzyPants

#51 Post by FuzzyPants »

Clo,

I have been one of the lucky ones with treatment and surgery and for that I am thankful every day.

I understand. It is best to have an orthodontist and surgeon working together on your treatment plan.
Braced October 17, 2007
BSSO and Lefort August 13, 2008
De-braced November 24, 2008

Clo

#52 Post by Clo »

Another appointment, another disappointment.
(why are those words so alike ?)

I still have the hardware like in the pic on page 2 (bottom). Molar intruders and
also elastics going from my upper molars to the bone anchors. All this to close
my bite. The evaluation I had to make today was :

- not seeing even the start of closing the bite.
- lower left second premolar rotated a lot what was not needed.
- something is very wrong with my lower front 6 teeth. They are very sensitive.

I knew before, if I would mention no bite improvement, that this would be it. So,
yes, this will be it. She will do some aligning during the coming months and even
already speaks about retention. Most would be pleased to be in this final period. I
am not at all, because it will mean that all will be aligned well, but I will not have
any bite at all. Only 1, sometimes 2, upper molar(s) touch the lower one(s). They
only touch, but don't fit like in a good occlusion. I'll have no occlusion at all then.
End of story. So here I am (again) angry and very disappointed at the same time.

Oh, and then this. Once more she said an osteotomy wouldn't give stable results
for me. But she thinks a genioplasty (move the chin forward) would be a good
solution. You have to know not only do I have an open bite, but also an overjet
of about 6 mm. So I wonder who here in this forum got the option to get that
surgery as the method to correct a lower jaw that is too far backwards. Or, only
try to get a better profile and no bite correction at all. I think this is so ridiculous
that I simply did not answer. This isn't serious anymore ...

Clo

#53 Post by Clo »

Exactly, dear Meryaten.

I really feel insulted and offended by this.

~danielle~

#54 Post by ~danielle~ »

Hey Clo!
I just read through your story and it is so shocking for me to see all that you have had to put up with!! It amazes me how positive you have been through the process and you are very inspiring!

I was wondering though if, since you are wanting to go to another ortho, if they might be able to work with an oral surgeon to try to achieve something? Another ortho might be able to align your teeth in a way that, with surgery could give you better results. I am still sort of confused as to why the results wouldnt be stable? Maybe a new ortho would have a different opinion? I also dont see the poit of just having a genio, as this would do absolutely nothing for your bite.. I cant even begin to understand why she would even bother suggesting that!

Anyways, I wish you luck with the rest of your treatment! I really do hope that someone can find a solution for you that will give the results that you are looking for! It is absurd what you have had to go through and I hope that this comes to an end soon!

FuzzyPants

#55 Post by FuzzyPants »

Oh no! Clo I can't believe that is all she can do for you! Genioplasty is not the answer. She can see that you can't bite for goodness sakes.

Whatever you do, you have our support. I just feel so disappointed for you.
Braced October 17, 2007

Clo

#56 Post by Clo »

Thanks Danielle.

Thanks FuzzyPants. BTW, I so love your avatar !

Before my ortho starts finishing, before maybe the bone anchors will be removed,
I'll try to see another ortho. I already took action. Now, I hope I can see him soon.
He's indeed the ortho who designed the bone anchors I have. I have this idea that
maybe he can do more with them than she ever did.

FuzzyPants

#57 Post by FuzzyPants »

I'm glad that you are planning to see another orthodontist. I can't imagine what it would be like to leave things as they are now.

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar. They are my kitties. The girl in the back is the sweet, shy one and the boy in the front is the pushy, curious one. Fuzzypants is just one of the many nicknames we have for him. He is also known as Fuzzybuns, and Sir Scootch-a-lot. :lol:
Braced October 17, 2007

Clo

#58 Post by Clo »

I can't believe I did this.

But I finally contacted the ortho who designed the bone anchors I have.

Next week, I see him. I almost can't believe this. This might be the 4th ortho
I'll see. I am not sure what will happen. Or he'll say too that my bite can't get
better. Or he'll say he will be able to do much better. Or maybe he will give
some advice to my present ortho. Or he could work together with my present
ortho on my bite. So many questions I have these days. I am so anxious to
see that 4th ortho. And I am going there in a very high tech style. I have an
iPhone and put on it high quality pics of every step set by ortho 3. So, there I
will be able to give a well documented history. I imagine he will not have seen
such thing before.

Lisa65

#59 Post by Lisa65 »

Clo, I am hoping with every atom of hope I possess that ortho #4 will be able to help you.

I'm so desperate for you to get the help you need to put this mess straight.

VistaXP

#60 Post by VistaXP »

Maybe you can PM Dr. Rick (assuming he' still around), I wonder what his opinion would be...