Life before and during braces.... Pictures 4th adjustment

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jiggawatt

#46 Post by jiggawatt »

tonysaur wrote:Wow I didn't realize people were that traumatized about getting braces. When I got mine on yesterday I was actually extremely happy and couldn't wait to show them off to EVERYONE, I think they are really cute looking! I'm actually kind of sad that they will be off in a year. But of course right now I'm in a whole buttload of pain haha.

I was the same --- was sooooooo psyched to get my braces on. I took the morning off of work (took about 2 hours to get them on) and when I returned to work in the afternoon -- I was so proud to show them to anyone that wanted to see them.

But I do realize everyone is different --- but we can all agree getting braced will have long term benefits years after they are removed.

jiggawatt

#47 Post by jiggawatt »

leager,

Your teeth look fantastic. I'm looking forward to have my get as straight as yours!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

leager2000

#48 Post by leager2000 »

I am going to be evaluated for a frenectomy at the end of this month. It is not covered by insurance, so I have to cough up $390 dollars for the procedure and $50 for the consultation.

]

leager2000

#49 Post by leager2000 »

I found out that my insurance will cover the frenctomy at 80%. I am scheduled on Dec 17 and am very nervous about the pain post-procedure.

]

leager2000

#50 Post by leager2000 »

OK, I had the frenectomy and below is the picture. The pain was bad, but tolerable. It is improving daily. Glad it is over. The sutures have not completely resolved. Thank God the sweeling is going down. I thought I would have to get plastic surgery to correct my new fat lip!

You can see a difference in the bulge between my central incisors.

]

leager2000

#51 Post by leager2000 »

Pardon the errors above. What I meant was the sutures have not completely dissolved and the swelling is going down.

By the way Ken you were right. The recovery period is not so bad.

]

leager2000

#52 Post by leager2000 »

My orthodontist said we will discuss debracing at my next visit. This is great timing; my college reunion is in May. By the way, I put a before picture below. Money well spent.

]

leager2000

#53 Post by leager2000 »

I saw my orthodontist on April fool's day and he told me that I will get my braces removed on my next visit. I thought it was a joke until he told me that I need to wear my elastics around the clock until that appointment. I cannot wait.

]

Maggie Brace

#54 Post by Maggie Brace »

Congratulations on your gorgeous teeth :lol: . I m only braced two weeks so it s great motivation for me to see your success story.
You must be so excited at the thought of getting them off.

Maggie

Bekah

#55 Post by Bekah »

Your teeth look AWESOME!!! I am thrilled for you!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

leager2000

#56 Post by leager2000 »

I was finally debraced. Yesterday was my big day. It took about 2 hours for the process to be complete. I love my new smile.

]

Margie

#57 Post by Margie »

Congratulations! That is an amazing difference, you must be so happy!

leager2000

Re: Life before and during braces.... Pictures 4th adjustmen

#58 Post by leager2000 »

Hey, I have been debraced since June 1st. I am wearing Essix retainer and am having a hrd time keeping them clean. I have to wear them for 24/7 for now because when I take them off for more than an our. My teeth start to shift. My orthodontist states that I may need a permanent retainer. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get my retainer clean without brushing it (not recommended by the orthodontist due to scratching).

]