Kjaere's story: braces here I come

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kjaere

Kjaere's story: braces here I come

#1 Post by Kjaere »

Hi... I am 26 and in the full process of braces and all things dental related. I have been to the dentist or orthodontist at least once a week since the first week of March. Fillings, and root canals, and crowns... and now braces.

I survived last weeks experience of spacers in my molars... I now have these fun metal bands glued to my molars - that are rubbing the inside of my cheeks raw - in preparation for my Pendulum Appliance that will be put in place on Monday. I've been trying to research and understand what to expect with the appliance and was wondering if anyone had any advice?

And I already long for the day I can eat normal again... oatmeal is getting old fast :wink:

Thanks!

AngelRuse

#2 Post by AngelRuse »

Pendulum Appliance? I'm not familiar...can't advise except to say where possible, wax is a good good friend. And I feel your pain on the eating thing. Had some extractions and was on the soft food diet. It does get old super fast. :wink: But it'll get better.

Welcome aboard!

Miranbrady20

#3 Post by Miranbrady20 »

hey fellow brace face welcome to the AW community!! congrats on getting braced!!! I have no clue what that appliance is but it dosent sound fun!

Kjaere

ThAnKs

#4 Post by Kjaere »

Thanks for the welcome...

Here's a picture for what a Pendulum is... Image

I guess come monday I will know better what is going on! I look forward to reading and posting and understand this orthodontist experience better!

And if anyone has any helpful info about the Pendulum... I would love any info at all :-)