Memran's story... [its not so bad, I guess..]

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Memran

#16 Post by Memran »

Thanks jt2lang! It was pretty scarey, especially the extraction part!

I've just taken your advice and taken a quick pic of my teeth again. I've been looking in the mirror everyday, and to be honest, I saw no difference :(

BUT!! Take a look at this:
ImageImage

This is 6 days in braces :shock:
Now there might be some variation with camera angle etc, but I think the movement in undeniable :D
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

angel84

#17 Post by angel84 »

Yep. I see it, too! Wahooo! Way to go teeth! Lol. :D That is awesome for only 6 days.
*SKYE aka Amanda* 25, Army wife and Mommy of 5 ages 10, 5, 3, 19 months, and due in December! :)

*melissa*

#18 Post by *melissa* »

I see some movement for sure! hooray! :D

I called my ortho office and they said they schedule appts every 9-10 weeks...hmm, seems like a long time though :? Some people on here go every 4 weeks, makes me kinda jealous hehe..

BracedVeryLate

#19 Post by BracedVeryLate »

Hi Merman,
You're teeth are actually pretty nice already, and when they're lined up, they will be perfect.

I just got the same bottom incisor yanked, so let's see how the gaps close.

Great movement in your teeth so far. I have not really had any movement, but I guess it's hard to tell. I need to learn how to take better photos, right now I just smile into my mac photobooth camera on my computer.

It will be great to see your progress! good luck!!

Memran

#20 Post by Memran »

Thanks guys!

I've been continuing to try to play my trumpet, and I am now able to do some very limited playing in the lower registers, but tome quality is totally gone. Still, its progress :)

Yesterday was my first day back at work since being braced. I have to say, I'm really surprised because it seems like nobody noticed, even when talking face to face. I also didn't notice anyone's eyes flicking down to my mouth, so I don't think its just them being polite, I think they really didn't notice! :banana:

BracedVeryLate, hope your gap closes real fast!
All my pictures are taken with a phone camera. I just face a mirror, so when I point the camera at my teeth I can see the screen in the mirror. Makes it quite easy.

I also found the reason for the 9 week adjustment time. My ortho is getting married and so is away for a couple of weeks :-)o
My Braces Story!

Miranbrady20

#21 Post by Miranbrady20 »

NICE MOVEMENT!!

catfish

#22 Post by catfish »

Wow! Definite movement, and in such a short time! Isn't that amazing to see?
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Memran

#23 Post by Memran »

Thanks guys :)

After one full week in work, nobody noticed my brace.

Friday we all went out for lunch as usual, and that was the first time I'd eaten out, and the first time I'd eaten with other people. It was completely normal! :jump: The only thing was that after I finished, I just excused myself, and went to swish out my mouth. My colleagues were totally unaware of my brace. :D

They knew I had some teeth pulled while I was away, and even when that topic came up later, they were still unaware of the brace. It was only when they asked if I was getting something to fill the gaps, that I told them that my brace would move my teeth to close them. They were all like "You have a brace??" :shock: At that point I gave them the Big Cheese :-#) hehe.

I'm still unable to play my trumpet properly, but I had a go on a Euphonium (think: mini tuba) and I could play it as if I'd always played it :-88 only problem is it hurt like hell...

All in all, a good week :D
My Braces Story!

iBorg

#24 Post by iBorg »

Just caught your story. I appreciate your writing style. It will get better. I belive your extraction story is one of the worse I've heard. I truly hope its the worst thing that happens on this journey.

As for the nine weeks between appointments, my ortho normally works on an eight week rotation but moves that around based upon what she sees the need for. I've been as long as ten weeks during the summer when you have holidays to work around. Good idea of the pictures, you most definetly are having movement.

Try to enjoy and have fun with this experience.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

catfish

#25 Post by catfish »

Hi Rob, I was looking at your pictures again and I'm really curious about the type of braces you have. I've seen clear brackets before, but your wire seems to be tooth-colored. What kind of wire is that?

I can't wait to see more pics as you progress along your journey. It's amazing how fast you notice changes, isn't it? I wish I'd taken pictures of my lower teeth when I first got braces, because the wire made quite the zigzag pattern. I was amazed when one day the zigzags were just gone!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Memran

#26 Post by Memran »

Thanks guys! :)

catfish, I'm not really too knowledgeable about types of braces so I'm not sure I can really answer your question. I asked for Radiance brackets from American Orthodontics, but I don't think thats what I got. Mine are similar but not identical as far as I can see.

The wire is indeed tooth coloured, but other than that, I don't know what else to tell you about it. :?

Not sure how much I helped. We could do with pointing this post to one of our resident brace gurus. (Maryaten?) :wink:

Rob
My Braces Story!

Lisa65

#27 Post by Lisa65 »

Just caught up with your story Rob. Is the trumpet playing getting any easier, or are you sticking with euph for now? I play the trombone a bit and I didn't notice my playing being any worse after braces, but then I am terrible anyway :oops: I would think the small mouthpiece on the trumpet would make the braces cut into your lips too much. At least a bigger mouthpiece spreads the pressure out!

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with your ex girlfriend. People can be very unkind. :( I think your teeth are a nice shape though, and you will have a great smile when you're finished. I look forward to seeing more progress pics. I expect that wire has straightened out even more since you posted those other pics.

BTW the tooth coloured wires are just regular wires with a white coating. Not all orthos use them because the coating can chip off, and they are not usually available in the thicker gauges.

jenny101101

#28 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Rob,

Sorry I just got a chance now to reply to you pics of 6 days in(had family home for 2 weeks); they look great! It's so exciting to see movement, isn't it? It amazed me the first time I noticed a gap :oops: ...hehe! Glad to hear it's going well.
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Memran

#29 Post by Memran »

Hey guys! Thanks :D
I would think the small mouthpiece on the trumpet would make the braces cut into your lips too much.
Sadly the trumpet playing is not improving. I can play ok for about 20-30 minutes then it really starts cutting into my lip, and then I have to wax up to prevent further shredding. I have tried wax before playing, but it just kind of gets pushed/squashed out of place. I'll just have to stay with a larger instrument for a while.

I also made the mistake of having a curry a couple of days ago. Until I did my ligs were nice and clear. Now they seem to glow yellow :( Oh well, only 6 weeks till my first adjustment.. :roll:

Rob
My Braces Story!

Memran

#30 Post by Memran »

Well yesterday was my 1 month anniversary! :-)o
This month jusy seemed to fly by.

So I thought I'd take a couple of snapshots and post again here...

Day 1:

1 Month in:

Pre-brace:

1 Month in:

I see movement!!! :D :dance:
And surprisingly the yellowish ligs don't really look all that badly stained :)
My Braces Story!