Memran's story... [its not so bad, I guess..]

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Memran

#91 Post by Memran »

Today is the day!

In about 8 hours, I have my final appointment to nakedize (yay! new word!) my teeth :D

Sadly, these 8 hours will be spent at work...
Upper brace on 23rd June 2008
Lower brace on 27th August 2008
Expected treatment time: 30 months :shock:
Braces removed on 6th June 2010
My Braces Story!

Memran

#92 Post by Memran »

ALL DONE!

Finally, I can't believe it. Sooooo happy! :banana: :jump: :-88

Remember this?

Well now its like this!

I have bonded retainers top and bottom:
You can still see some blue ink left from the bite test there :)

Finally free! :D :D :D
My Braces Story!

Jethro

#93 Post by Jethro »

Congrats Memran, what a phenomenal outcome! You must be extremely pleased with the results.

OK, I have to ask, what was your first REAL meal after getting the barbed wire off???

I hope someday you bump into your ex and smile your A** off!!!

catfish

#94 Post by catfish »

Congratulations Rob - Woo Hoo!!!!! You have a lovely new smile, you must be very pleased. And now you can play your trumpet without interference from braces. Yay! :lol:

I noticed you have a bonded retainer on your upper teeth. Why did your ortho do that? I'm curious because my ortho didn't want to give me one at all, and I had to ask for one on my lower teeth.
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Memran

#95 Post by Memran »

My first real meal was a good strong curry! No need to worry about yellowing my braces now! I've also been able to nibble corn on the cob, eat nuts, popcorn and toffee+. But the single best thing for me food-wise, was my first real bite into an apple, and seeing the perfect arches of the bite mark! :D

My ortho laid out pros and cons of bonded vs removable retainers and left the choice to me. Since I still have a small overjet (which is of no concern to me) there is room for the bonded retainer on top, and my bottom teeth to not touch it under normal circumstances.

MY reason for bonded, was that I wasn't convinced I would be disciplined enough to wear my removable retainers (which I am getting on Monday for emergencies) and also because I was concerned about how they effect speech.

Regarding the trumpet playing; I am actually finding it quite difficult to readjust to my new embouchure, but I am certain that it will be better in the near future :)

Overall I am immensely happy with the results, and for the past week I have been grinning like an idiot at random people, and any reflective material (windows etc) I walk past!
My Braces Story!

alimommy1

#96 Post by alimommy1 »

Your teeth look GREAT, Rob! I just read through your whole story and even though you went through a few months where you were sad seeing no progress, as a reader looking at the pictures from the beginning to the end, I can see where the wires were more level even if you didn't see a difference. Also, sometimes it's more visible that movement has happened if you take a picture of your arch inside and not just the smile from the front - I bet anything during those months you felt you saw no change there WAS something :D

Oh... I so much wish that my original ortho had been willing to give me a bonded upper retainer, I don't recall the reason but he wouldn't do it, and that's why I have to deal with what to do now lol. Even wearing a removable as often as I was told initially, I think I just have mobile teeth. My lower bonded never bothered me, just being unable to floss easily but proxy brushes work great lol.

Quirky Girl

#97 Post by Quirky Girl »

Congratulations Rob, your smile looks great!