Penny's Braces Story **2 mo/1st adjustment pics on pg. 2**

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xOx SwEeTtReAtS xOx

#16 Post by xOx SwEeTtReAtS xOx »

yay i found you lol :D!! you sound exactly like me when it comes to flossing, i've been really good about it. But it definately is not fun, everytime i do it i wonder if i'll get better at it, but seems like there is no hope for me right now lol :lol:. how is everything going now, has your pain went down any???

Sentence: 14 months
Upper and Lower
Follow my story by clicking WWW!! :)

pennysfbay

#17 Post by pennysfbay »

Ugh, so today I had the first step to try to win a huge new project for work. I could tell that I was already the youngest person in the room, and with braces on too, I felt like the client looked at me like I'm a little kid and not a capable manager. We still have to submit our proposal and go through the interview process, but I'm worried I'm going to blow this for the firm.

And now, with just two errant keyboard clicks, I vaporized the rest of my post. *sigh* I just went on and on about my worries about appearing too junior and not capable of handling the project because I'm younger (33) than our competition and look even younger than that because of my braces, even though I know I can totally manage their project. I need to get the insecurities out of my head before I will it to be true.

Food-wise I've been eating almost anything I want, but still not biting and pulling on things, like biting into a sandwich and tearing off the front part. I'm self-conscious about food in my teeth, but most times I've found that nothing's actually showing when I check myself in the mirror. (Brushing reveals another story entirely.)

Speaking of brushing, I bought a couple of travel toothbrushes and toothpastes to keep in my car, purse, etc. Well, the ones I got were terrible!! I brushed twice with the travel toothbrush and it's all frayed and nasty. The travel one I got from my ortho is still working great.

What else? I'm paranoid about staining my ceramic brackets and/or clear ligs...maybe absurdly so? I would like some red wine, but I've been only having white. (Can I have a nice, full-bodied red??)

Have pics from one week into treatment, but I didn't see much change so I don't think I'll post.

pennysfbay

#18 Post by pennysfbay »

Okay, pics to compare before braces with day 8 in braces....I can already see some movement in the top teeth that are cooperating! I didn't think there was any movement in those teeth until I looked at the pics. When I look in the mirror I still see the way it was and the crooked wire.

Before -- 6/16/08:

Day 8 -- 6/24/08 (Natural Smile):

Day 8 -- 6/24/08 (Showing All Teeth):

Unhappy teeth

#19 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Wow, that lateral incisor has moved heaps in such a short space of time.

Yay! :banana: Your teeth are looking great

angel84

#20 Post by angel84 »

WOW!!! :shock: I agree with Unhappyteeth! That is so cool that your tooth has moved that much. What an inspiration. I know you have to be thrilled, huh? I know I sure would be. :D Woooohoooo for movement!!! :D
*SKYE aka Amanda* 25, Army wife and Mommy of 5 ages 10, 5, 3, 19 months, and due in December! :)

Miranbrady20

#21 Post by Miranbrady20 »

looking good!! very good to see how quick the teeth start to shift .. im so excited for ya!

pennysfbay

#22 Post by pennysfbay »

Some progress pics; I'm at day 18 now. And I can't believe how much I didn't even want to smile in my before picture. I can't wait to have straight teeth!!

Before:
Day 8:
Day 18:

Day 8:
Day 18:

Why are the ligs on my two bottom right (left in the photo) metal brackets so GREEN!?! I got my teeth cleaned at the dentist a few days ago and he was like, "Oh, you decided to get green ligs!" and I said, "Nooooo..." I wonder what I ate that did that! At least it's only on the bottom and on the metal, so it isn't that noticeable. But still! Eeeeew! If I knew what did it I'd be more careful. I don't want lime green teeth!

pennysfbay

#23 Post by pennysfbay »

Day 1:

Day 30:

So there are my latest pics. I can see some progress on the top, but those bottom teeth don't really want to move. I'm ready for a check-up and my wires changed, new ligs, etc., but I still have 4 more weeks til my appointment. *sigh* Oh well....I feel like my teeth are dingy and dirty. Maybe I'll just go ahead and call them for a lig change. They said I could if I really wanted it.

I was freaking out a couple of weeks ago about this big presentation that our company had to give to win a big new project for our client, and how I felt bad about having braces and looking too young and inexperienced and I didn't want to blow it for the firm. Well, I actually was well prepared for the interview, and I felt confident, and I did a great job! We got called back for a follow-up, and I should hear something from the client either tomorrow on Monday. I didn't let my braces stand in my way, and I think I also proved to the client that I do have the experience and skills they need, so yay! We'll see what happens....I'm going to be really disappointed if they choose the other firm.

I'm now eating just about any food I want (although still staying away from the forbidden foods list). I'm biting into and tearing things more than I thought I could. The teeth that hurt the most right now are the canines, so I guess those are on the move.

pennysfbay

First Adjustment

#24 Post by pennysfbay »

I went for my first adjustment this morning and it took about 15 minutes. The doctor said my teeth were moving well, but recommended power chains on a few teeth to help correct the root rotation problems. So I now have a power chain connecting two top teeth, a power chain connecting two bottom teeth, and a chain connecting three bottom teeth. When the tech put on the chains, it hurt so bad! I was really surprised...I didn't think it would bother me at all. My next adjustment is in another 8 weeks, so a long time from now. I'm still able to eat almost normally but my teeth are sensitive. You can't really see the power chains since they're clear, but I'm sure once they start to discolor and turn yellow, they'll be somewhat more noticeable. I just checked out my comparison pics and I'm pleased to see movement on the bottom arch that I didn't notice in the mirror. (To me they look just as crooked as when I started, so its nice to see movement.) I also still have quite a few tie wires since my teeth are still pretty misaligned. So now for those pics:

Day 1 Front:

2 Month Front:

Day 1 All:

2 Month All:

Day 1 Bottom Arch:

2 Month Bottom Arch:

2 Month Top Arch:

HkyGrl s2k

#25 Post by HkyGrl s2k »

Look at the movement! Looks good! :D

*melissa*

#26 Post by *melissa* »