Chronicles of LaLaDee - brace day pics pg 4

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miranbrady20

#46 Post by Miranbrady20 »

i know where your coming from!! i bet your scared poopless! lol... but eat allllll the bad food you can and eat it quick!!! lol after brace day i would stick to pancakes, eggs, cut up fruit and cooked veggies, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, mushy cereal, soup, ice cream!, shakes, meal replacement drinks maybe?, and Mexican food is quite soft too... im sure you will find things you like and that are right for you... it will just take time to get used to it!!! I was told that i can eat anything as long as i cut it up really really really tiny!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

jenny101101

#47 Post by jenny101101 »

Hey LaLaDee,

How's the nerves? Excited yet? I was so excited the day before I kept getting butterflies and couldn't sleep that night. I dreamt I missed my appt.! :shock: Anyway, good luck tomorrow....I look forward to your update.
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

LaLaDee

#48 Post by LaLaDee »

Today's the day! My hubby took me out for a steak dinner last night, yum. I savored every bite. I tossed and turned all night thinking about today. I'm so excited to get started!

catfish

#49 Post by catfish »

Woo Hoo LaLaDee!!! How exciting to finally be starting your journey!

I hope everything goes smoothly (and I'm sure it will). I'll be sending good vibes your way today! Hope to see pics soon!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Miranbrady20

#50 Post by Miranbrady20 »

GOOD LUCK!!!! i hope all gos well!!!!!! cant wait to see pics!!!!!

oski1970

#51 Post by oski1970 »

Hope everything went well for you today.

chillin-in-grilz

#52 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

GOOD LUCK!!!
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

Miranbrady20

#53 Post by Miranbrady20 »

HOW DID IT GO!!!????!?!?!?!?! the suspence is killing us !!

angel84

#54 Post by angel84 »

Oh My Gosh I am soooo sorry I missed your b-day!!! HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!!!! I hope that everything went well and that you aren't in too much pain! Congrats, girl. You are officially on your way to an amazing smile! WOOOOOT!!! :-)o :jump: :-)o :jump: :-)o :jump: :-)o
*SKYE aka Amanda* 25, Army wife and Mommy of 5 ages 10, 5, 3, 19 months, and due in December! :)

LaLaDee

BRACE DAY

#55 Post by LaLaDee »

Hello! Sorry I have been MIA since my brace date. I have been running around non-stop...not letting the braces get in my way. So here it is...

As I'm driving to Dr. R's office, I have to fight the urge to just turn around and go home. My heart was racing. I finally chilled out when I got in the chair. 1st Gloria polished my teeth with a paste that felt like it had sand in it. Then came the dreaded spreaders - loads of Aquaphor on my lips helped a ton. The spreaders would have been horrid minus my lip stuff. Dr. R applied the etchant(?) and brackets. They did an excellent job keeping that nasty stuff out of my mouth. I have Innovation C on top (except for the back 2 molars on each side) and regular Innovation on the bottom. Before I got in the chair, I thought I wasn't getting self ligating clear brackets. I was so worried about what color ligs to choose and SURPRISE - Innovation Cs. Next, Dr. R fitted my molar bands. This wasn't unpleasant except when I finally got a taste of whatever glue they use and it was icky! Gloria put in the wires and gave me hygiene instructions. Then she had to replace the wires after I reminded her I'm allergic to nickel! I made my appt for 7 weeks and was on my way!

At first, my braces felt like little spikes on my teeth. I'm still getting used to getting my upper lip over them. I can't bite down so chewing/eating has been a challenge. I went out to dinner my 1st night in braces and swollowed my food whole cuz I couldn't really chew. I have no sores from the braces except in 1 place where I keep biting my cheek. I had no pain that first day and I thought to myself that I could handle braces for 2 yrs if it felt like this. As I approached the 24 hr mark, it began to hurt - lots of pressure and achy. Almost like someone punched me in the mouth. Chewing my little bites of dinner was quite painful, but I kept on eating anyhow.

I'm having a hard time getting used to looking at myself with the braces on, but I suppose that will come with time. My hubby totally supportive. He says I look like a teenager! Now on to what you all really want...PICS!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

catfish

#56 Post by catfish »

Congrats LaLaDee! You took the big step and are on your way to a beautiful smile. You have lovely teeth, so I'm sure your smile will be perfect when this is done. Thanks for sharing your pics. The Innovation C's are quite discreet. Are you happy with them?
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

Miranbrady20

#57 Post by Miranbrady20 »

they look great!!!! I know how mean when it's hard to get used to looking at yourself... I'm so scared about that... Tomorrow is my big day I'm so scared... Good luck with getting used to yours!!

Unhappy teeth

#58 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Hey LaLaDee,

How's everything going? Any more teeth dreams? I had another one the other night, I seem to get them when I'm due for an adjustment!