Chronicles of LaLaDee - brace day pics pg 4

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sara

Re: Chronicles of LaLaDee

#31 Post by Sara »

I tell my husband the exciting news when I get home and he is not thrilled. All he can see is $$$. Also, my teeth aren't that bad so he is skeptical of my need for braces. Regardless, he is mostly supportive. I call my Mom to tell her what happened and she actually gets mad. She tells me my teeth are perfect, the dentist is in cahoots with the ortho and it is a complete waste of money. I can't figure out why she isn't supportive but it doesn't matter now anyways since she's not paying for it.

Hello LalaDee, :-1
I have just read your story and I am so sorry to hear the lack of support form your mum.....
I am lucky that my family have supported me in my choice to have a brace but many people have questioned 'why ' I would waste so much money on my teeth.
I don't think anyone will really understand what we go through when we say ' I am not happy with my teeth' I can see from your phots that your's are not that bad- (comapred to some!) but if your not happy with them then they become a major issue in your life- an obsession -everyday looking in the mirror and wishing they were straight, your also constanstly looking at other peoples teeth...am I right?
My teeth are overcrowded on the bottom but strangly enough its my top canines that I have issues with- but most people don't understand this and tell me they are fine....and yes they are fine but not perfect!
I took the plunge about a month a go and it was the best thing I ever did. Although some will never understand the resons why we have done this but at the end we will be the happiest people alive....
Sorry to hear about your gum graft- I had to look that up to see what it was - but congrats on being brave and doing it.... I was lucky and did not need surgery....
I am writing a bit much now so will end this chat chat -but there is lots of support on this site for you- and I hope your family may understand when they see how happy you are in a years time with your new smile -they will then understand why you did it......... keep us updated
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Age 28- Upper lingual- Lower Ceramic Braces
Fitted 27th May 08
Phots on www
- updated a year on with pictures! (look bottom of pg 1)

Miranbrady20

#32 Post by Miranbrady20 »

I know what you mean! my father is pulling the same crap... "i told ya so i told ya so now you got to pay for it blah blah blah" dont worry about anyone but yourself! its for you because you want it .. not anyone else!

LaLaDee

#33 Post by LaLaDee »

necra: All is well; thanks for thinking about me. my graft looks fantastic! I ate corn on the cob yesterday and plan to eat lots more of it before my brace day. We need to remind ourselves that we are getting braces for us only, nevermind what our moms and dads say at this point - it's happening! And it's coming soon!!!!

sara: Thanks for stopping by and reading about lil old me. My mom has come around some. After the gum surgery, I think she understands that there is something actually going on in my mouth that needs attention vs. me just being vain. Not that getting braces for cosmetic reasons is wrong or anything. But you are so right; no one can see the problems we see when it comes to our own teeth. Luckily, we only have to please ourselves. Plus, we have archwired to get us through!

On a side note, all is well with the graft. I only have one strange complaint. The graft site seems rather dry no matter how much H2O I drink. You know how your cheeks/lips easily slide over your gums? They're slippery if ya know what I mean. Well that is not happening for me on the graft site. Maybe it will improve with time.

Well...the countdown has begun!! Spacers on 7/3 and braces 7/11!! My excitement has officially turned to nervousness.

Miranbrady20

#34 Post by Miranbrady20 »

wow the graft looks great!!! im so glad it wasnt what we thought it was!!! only 2 days till spacers!! good luck with them!! :)

Miranbrady20

#35 Post by Miranbrady20 »

one day till spacers!!

LaLaDee

Spacer

#36 Post by LaLaDee »

Yesterday at 5pm, I received 4 tiny torture devices as I've heard them called. The girl who put them in looked fresh out of high school. She had to call an older, stronger assistant over to help her because my contacts were very tight. I had a feeling they were since I have a lot of trouble getting my floss in there. This also made me think I would be in for a great deal of pain. I could feel the spacers right away. It wasn't horrible but I knew they were there. I ate a normal meal with no problems. At about 10pm, the lowers were pretty achy but the uppers not so much. I took 200 mg ibuprofen because I didn't want to risk not sleeping. I ended up taking another 400 mg around 6:30am for a pounding headache (too much wine last night) and as of right now, I can't feel the spacers. I hope I feel this good the rest of the week. Take care all and Happy 4th of July to those in America!

Miranbrady20

#37 Post by Miranbrady20 »

CONGRATS on the spacers!! one step closer! im glad that they arent giving u an issue like people say they do... mine are pretty tight too... i know its gonna bug the crap outa me! lol... well glad to hear all is well and its almost my turn! cant wait... keep us posted!!! HAPPY 4th! even if ur not in america ;)

angel84

#38 Post by angel84 »

Congrats on making it to the first step!! Before long you'll have a shiny new smile! :D
*SKYE aka Amanda* 25, Army wife and Mommy of 5 ages 10, 5, 3, 19 months, and due in December! :)

Miranbrady20

#39 Post by Miranbrady20 »

5 days!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

LaLaDee

#40 Post by LaLaDee »

It's day 5 with the spacers and luckily they haven't been horrible. My teeth ache randomly, but I would mostly describe them as annoying. The spacers seem to be moving my lower teeth towards my incisors. It creating this strange pressure on those teeth, which are already crowded as it is. The pressure seems to irritate my graft site a bit as well.

On a side note, the weird teeth dreams have begun! I dreamt last night that my lower incisors were getting so squished together from the spacers that they just popped out of my gums! :Questions:

3 days until braces and I'm getting cold feet...

Miranbrady20

#41 Post by Miranbrady20 »

WOO HOO! almost time!!! im getting cold feet too!! it will be ok! we are all in this together ur not alone!! my spacers are hurting! and i know what you mean about the other teeth feeling squished! it hurts when i push my tongue up against them .. my mouth feel like i have a extra 2 teeth that just arent suposed to be there and that its making my crowding worse!!!

But take it easy dont let the braces scare you! it hurts to be beautiful and i got to keep that in my head too... you will do great!

Unhappy teeth

#42 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Congrats on getting your spacers, glad they're not giving you much trouble. I totally understand the dream situation. I had one the other night where my twisted incisor split in 2 and then crumbled into little pieces! :soremouth:

LaLaDee

#43 Post by LaLaDee »

2 more days until braces!! :shock: Well actually 2.5 days because I get them on at noon Friday. I must say that these past few days have been dragging. I'm keeping busy though; stuffing my face with all the goodies I'm not supposed to eat while braced. I had a bunch of salt water taffy yesterday, mmmm. I probably shouldn't have because of the spacers but oh well. I did managed to pop a spacer out last night :yikes: Thankfully my ortho's website has a demo on how to put it back in and I was successful. I'm also happy to report that the dull ache from the spacers was gone as of day 5. Take care all and have a good day!

Miranbrady20

#44 Post by Miranbrady20 »

i hope my pian goes away soon!!! its BAD! ... oh and BOO YAH FOR 2.5 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!! hehe :wink:

LaLaDee

#45 Post by LaLaDee »

necra: I hope the pain is more bearable today. I know you can make it thru - you made it thru a gingival graft, right?

So today's my last day with naked teeth for the next two years. Any suggestions on what to do/eat before my teeth go behind bars? I'm feeling excited one second and total dread the next.
Last edited by LaLaDee on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.