DeeDee's Story~5th Adjustment 10/16/08 Posted Pic pg 4

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braces4astw22

#46 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey Misery

Good luck with your second adjustment tomorrow!! I hope all is well and your seeing even more movement and can get that tooth in the AW... You will have to take more pics so we can see.. I sort of feel the same way as you that I am not seeing anymore movement but I still have a month to go before my second adjustment so theres time for things to move..

I hope your not in too much pain after this one I know you werent last time but I have a feeling each adjustment will be different. Check back in when you can :D :D
Shannon - being braced at age 29

callmeswtmisery

#47 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello All,

OK I have a question to ask. Those of you that have upper and lower braces do you notice when you go to the dentist they tend to work on either your uppers or your lowers?!? If anyone else goes through that can you explain why do they do that?

Lisa65

#48 Post by Lisa65 »

I think it just depends on what needs to be done. After having molar bands placed, I had nothing further done on my uppers for about 6 months, and now I've had nothing done on my lowers, except new powerchains, for almost a year because they are pretty much finished, and my ortho is waiting for the uppers to catch up.

braces4astw22

#49 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey Misery

Just wanted to check in and see how things went after your second adjustment? Hope your teeth are treating you well. As for your question, im not sure I have only had one adjustment and they paid equal attention really to both arches but im sure it depends on which arch needs more work to get things in place right... are you going to be posting any pics soon?

callmeswtmisery

#50 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hello All,

Yesterday I went for my 3rd adjustment!!! At my Ortho's office he hired a new Dentist to help him with his work. Yesterday (Just my luck) the new Dentist trys to help me, and says to me I have to let the other Dr work on you! (That was a relief) When my usual Dr. finally came to work on me he tells his assistant to pull out the POWER DRILL. (I'm thinking in my head this can't be good) Now my usual Dentist is over me, his assistant and the new Dentist as well. My Ortho tells me that we have to make room for my one tooth on the bottom. (I have one tooth on the bottom row that was not connected to the AW yet) ((In my head I'm thinking that was great news, WRONG!!!)) To make a long story short, he drills 3 teeth in order to make some room for my other tooth! The tooth that was all alone is now on the AW, but yesterday was the first adjustment that I felt the pain on the same day!!!!! :-+ Those of yall that know my story I wanted that tooth on the wire so bad. Now I'm thinking what did I get myself into!!! Today is the I woke up and my mouth was in so much pain!!!

I will be posting pic's later on today.

braces4astw22

#51 Post by braces4astw22 »

aww sorry to hear your in some pain hehe I guess it was bound to happen at some point. I never found the pain to last anymore than two weeks really but I know everyone is different. Hope it goes away soon and I cant wait to see your progress pics :D

callmeswtmisery

#52 Post by callmeswtmisery »

1st Pic was from July
By callmeswtmisery

2nd Pic was from 8-12-08
By callmeswtmisery

In this pic you can see where he used a saw (a lil tiny saw) to make room for that tooth that wasn't on the AW
By callmeswtmisery

The pain that I was feeling on the first day of my 3rd adjustment is now gone. It was only a two day pain. Today I'm back to eating everything. :dance: :banana: :dance:

Bekah

#53 Post by Bekah »

Wow lots of movement! I almost wish my ortho had waited to put my wonky tooth on the wire! He put it on when I got my brackets and it hurt like the devil!

The teeth look great though!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!