Luella's Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Luella

Luella's Story

#1 Post by Luella »

This is my braces story! I had full upper and lower expanders in first grade, when I was 5 or 6 years old. When I was 12-13 years old, I had full upper and lower braces and successfully completed treatment and was left with a Hawley retainer with 2 pontics (fake teeth) attached to save the spaces of tooth #’s 20 & 29. However, since I was a total idiot child, I didn’t wear my retainers for long. In the decade since, I’ve lost the spaces my orthodontist worked so hard to open up for me. So here I am, in ortho for the THIRD TIME to fix my childhood mistake. Seriously, if I could go back and slap my teenage self in the face, I would, and I would say “Wear your retainer moron!â€
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

jenny101101

#2 Post by jenny101101 »

Great pics, Luella! Welcome and congrats on deciding to get braced(again)! :-1 Your teeth are so nice now, they'll be beautiful when your done.

How long is your sentence?
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

SGPWired

#3 Post by SGPWired »

Nice pictures! Good luck on your journey! :thumbsup:

browneyedgrl

#4 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Luella,

Great pics! I'm a second timer as well. Just remember, that the third time is a charm! :D I truly believe that, as it happend to me with a different situation.

Good luck with your journey!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Luella

#5 Post by Luella »

They've so far sentenced me to 18-24 months. I don't see how it could take that long.... so we'll see! Thanks guys!
~ Luella ~

insinu8

#6 Post by insinu8 »

Welcome Luella,

You and I will be getting our braces within a week of each other, although I will only be getting my uppers.

I hope you don't forget your childhood lessons about the retainer this time around! :HugeGrin:

Have you got your ligature colors picked out already???

It's great that your Ortho gave you the pics. Getting to see where you started so you appreciate where you're going is a good motivator.
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

Luella

#7 Post by Luella »

I haven't decided on my colors yet! I need to though, don't I? I'm super excited!!!
~ Luella ~

Luella

#8 Post by Luella »

Ken- thats probably how I'll end up deciding! I was reading the thread on lig colors, there are so many choices! I really like the look of the half one color and half one color thats a shade lighter. I'll totally post pics of my decision!

Only a few weeks to go!
~ Luella ~

damon2's

#9 Post by damon2's »

Hi Luella!

Your teeth do look very nice already, I'm sure you will have great results!! I look forward to following your story too :D
*self-ligating metal brackets since Dec. 2007
*debanding this summer!

insinu8

#10 Post by insinu8 »

Luella, less than 2 weeks to go!!! I'm anxiously awaiting your post on your bday :) I want to hear all about it and I'll post mine the next day after my uppers go on.

Pics of the ligs, please!

I think I'm going to start with alternating light/dark green :)
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

laurahalvey

#11 Post by laurahalvey »

Good luck on getting braced :dance: Can't wait to keep up on your story. Third time's a charm!
Braced for the third time.....

final adjustment 8/21 and debanding 8/27!

Luella

#12 Post by Luella »

OMG ya'll I'm trying not to freak out that I'm getting braced in 3 days. And, bummer of all bummers, I wanted to eat all the "forbidden food" that I could eat before brace day, and I have a stomach virus so I can't eat anything but toast, crackers, and gatorade. Yum. I feel like I've been hit by a truck- I have all kinds of stomach "issues" and cold sweats and everything. It's great. At least its not contagious so my son and husband don't have it too. I'll get pics up from brace day ASAP!
~ Luella ~

Flaka

#13 Post by Flaka »

Hi Luella,

I'm sorry to hear you are sick, I hope you get better soon!
You will be able to eat pretty much everything, just give it a couple of days, maybe a week till you get used to your braces and you will be fine.
Besides popcorn, I eat anything, I am more careful with harder food and always have a tooth brush available when I eat candy. I know you aren't supposed to eat candy but there are days where I just can't help it ( I even sucked on a jawbreaker the other day) and just brush my teeth right away, besides is one in a blue moon.

Good luck getting breaced and looking foward to seeing your pics! :)

Take care!

fluffybottom

#14 Post by fluffybottom »

Good luck tomorrow!
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

Luella

#15 Post by Luella »

Fluffy! Thanks so much!!! It seems you're the only one that's remembered that my brace day is tomorrow! Thanks for thinkin of me! :wink:
~ Luella ~