Melissa's Journey - New update & pic pg. 14

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

insinu8

#61 Post by insinu8 »

melissa, wow, that canine is really shaping up! Your arches are looking great!

what's wrong with lime green ligs? ;) that's what I'm planning to get...
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

kittymeow84

#62 Post by kittymeow84 »

Boy that tooth really is coming into line isn't it! And so fast too. Your bottoms are pretty much straight now!
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

jenny101101

#63 Post by jenny101101 »

Hey Melissa,

Like the posts above, you're teeth are really getting in line. You must be so pleased! :D I love how you put some in black and white....I think I'll have to try that! :wink:
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

callmeswtmisery

#64 Post by callmeswtmisery »

Hey Melissa,

I just read your story, and for you to only have your braces on for 2 months your teeth are really moving in the right direction! I really don't see you having your braces on for 3 years!!!!!! :D

*melissa*

#65 Post by *melissa* »

callmeswtmisery - I am really crossing my fingers that I won't end up needing them for 3 years. I went to soo many different orthodontists in the past, and all of them quoted me a treatment time of 2 and a half to 3 years. I even asked my current dentist (the person that finally talked me into getting braced) if there was any chance it could take less than 2 years or so and he said "You're looking at 3 years max." That totally crushed me...I have always been very optimistic and what not, and just couldnt see myself wearing braces that long...but every dentist and ortho I have seen have made it seem like my mouth was absolutely horrible!! I became really self concious from all these orthos telling me how bad my teeth were...I almost broke down in tears at most of those consults...
But now, I am even more optimistic than ever. Looking at my pics/progress, I really believe that my teeth weren't *that* bad to begin with, and maybe those ortho's were just exaggerating to get me to fork over $6,200....

Anyways, I can't wait to see my dentist in June and see what he thinks of my teeth now. They have really changed since I saw him for my last cleaning in December 2007! :D I am sure his outlook will be different...I can't wait to see his reaction...lets see if he says I'll still need braces for 3 years :lol: If he does, I will laugh in his face!!
Oh yeah, and you know that tooth that was pushed way back? Do you know how long I was quoted to bring it forward?? 6 months!! Its been 2 months and its almost completely in line!! Now this definately makes me happy! :D

Flaka

#66 Post by Flaka »

Awesome progress Melissa. It looks like those overlapping bottom central incisors aren't overlapping anymore, even a little gap is there now....great :) My bottom central incisors overlap, hope I will see some movement there soon.

*melissa*

#67 Post by *melissa* »

Thank you so much guys!!!!! You are all so awesome! :D :D :D

*melissa*

#68 Post by *melissa* »

New pics below... and in color this time, hehe.
I had to go in for an SOS appt yesterday (bright and early @ 7:30am)because one of my ceramic brackets came off again! :biglaf:
It was tough getting there soo early, but I knew I had to make myself because that was the only time they could squeeze me in (they are a very, very busy office...and they're there only 2 days a week, which makes it worse!)
So I made it there in time, and they brought me back within about 5 minutes. The assistant got to work right away and brought the ortho in (a new ortho I've never seen before..I wanted to ask who she was but couldn't because my mouth was wide open lol! :lol:) and she put on the new bracket and such. The assistant dried the glue and got to work putting my wire back in and...another bracket popped off! :shock: OMG!!! So she had to go get the ortho lady again! She called me a problem child LOL...
They got me all "put back together again" and now all is well :D
What's great is I got to pick out new ligs. I chose the tooth colored kind. I think they are called 'pearl.' They look purdy!! So long dingy lime green :banana:

I decided to take a pic to show how off my bite is. I have an overbite, but I think it's because of how far back my lower jaw is. I really am curious to how in the world this will be fixed...

5/22/08

5/22/08

Oh yeah!! I bought a waterpik ultra a couple weeks ago. I use it everyday...its the best!! My teeth feel super clean all the time now :D

DaneAnthony

#69 Post by DaneAnthony »

Hey Melissa,

Awesome pics - I can barely even see the ceamic braces and your purdy new ligs; lookin' great!!!! Your arch is looking totally awesome too!! Go you (even though you are a problem child...hehehe...hey, their words not mine...lol) :HugeGrin:

Take care,
Daney :)
Next Adjustment: August 20th, 2008 at 5pm

My Story:
[url=http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=24942[/url]

insinu8

#70 Post by insinu8 »

Melissa,

What caused the bracket to come off (the first one, you problem child ;)) I live in fear of that happening when I'm out of the area for work.

Your new gear looks virtually invisible! NICE. But what's them funky blue things waaaaaaaay in the back? Spacers? Got molar bands in the works?

It will be interesting to see how they fix the overbite. I've got the same problem and dunno how they're going to fix mine either...I think by widening my upper arch in general it will bring the front teeth back a bit. If you find out, 'splain it to me, would ya?
Christopher

MY BRACES JOURNAL

*melissa*

#71 Post by *melissa* »

insinu8 - I have no idea what exactly caused it to come off. :? I am usually really careful whenever I eat anything.
The ortho said ceramics come off alot easier than metals can... it has something to do with the glue that holds the brackets on...and so far, I haven't had any metal brackets come off.
Noo, those aren't spacers...trust me, I've already had spacers (look in my previous pictures, they were purple.) Those blue things are molar build ups. I talk about those on pg. 4 :P

callmeswtmisery

#72 Post by callmeswtmisery »

melissa,

When are they going to fix the brace that came off?

*melissa*

#73 Post by *melissa* »

hi swtmisery,
they replaced it at my sos appt on may 22nd :D

braces4astw22

#74 Post by braces4astw22 »

Hey melissa

Your teeth are really looking good! I agree you can barely even notice your brackets in your pics... I wish mine looked like that... you must be so happy everything is looking so good!
Shannon - being braced at age 29

*melissa*

#75 Post by *melissa* »

Thank you, I do feel quite lucky my braces are sorta invisible...even the metals, because they were put on very low on my bottom teeth. But sometimes they dont feel as *tight* on my teeth and make me talk sorta funny...so that brings me down quite a bit:(