Melissa's Journey - New update & pic pg. 14

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ripchord

#241 Post by ripchord »

Yeah, elastics do some pretty hefty moving. It's usually not just a few teeth moving separately, it's most of your teeth moving in one direction, you know? After about a week or so they shouldn't hurt you much.
Braced on January 5th, 2007
Debanded on April 2nd, 2009

Click www to see my story!

Andromeda

#242 Post by Andromeda »

I definitely feel your pain with the elastics. I got them at the beginning of March and it was just so awful for like 2 weeks. Then I finally started adjusting to it and I went back for another appt. yesterday only to have the ortho change my elastics configuration. Now my teeth have to get used to them all over again and it feels just like it did last month, sigh. I have also been taking 800mg of ibuprofen but usually it barely dents the pain...

On the plus side though, my teeth sure have been moving! Hope your teeth are getting more accustomed to them by now :)

*melissa*

#243 Post by *melissa* »

Here's some new pictures... I am sort of in a boring stage at the moment...

Here's my x-ray [from back in October '08] that I found on my ortho's website. You can see the 2 bottom teeth stuck inside my chin/jaw. Looks kinda freaky...

catfish

#244 Post by catfish »

Wow Melissa, that's an amazing picture of those embedded teeth! Are those your canines? What's the plan? Can they just stay there?

Teeth do such weird things. Who knew? Before I got braces and started paying attention, I was clueless!

You have such pretty teeth. I can't wait until you're done and we can see the final outcome. You already have an awesome smile!
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

amandajane

question

#245 Post by amandajane »

Melissa,

I was looking at your xray on page 18 with the braces on, and it looks as if there are two teeth in your jaw chin( I think that's what you were pointing out). I was wondering what do you do with that, are the teeth still there?

Just curious

amandajane

question

#246 Post by amandajane »

Melissa,

Could you explain why there are extra teeth in your x-ray picture on page 18?

Just curious
Go to Amanda's Braces in Our Braces story
[/code][/list]

sarahlynn

#247 Post by sarahlynn »

I just finished reading your whole story. I am happy to see someone else with a really deep bite. I didn't research more than just braces before taking this plunge (I'm only a week into being braced) and now after reading about various ways of correcting bites, I'm nervous that my ortho is going to spring something crazy on me. When I go in for my first adjustment I am planning to talk to him about detailing more about what correcting the bite involves.

Currently I only have metals on the top and I have a clear retainer on the bottom - I also have 2 teeth that are in cross bite like the one you had that grew in behind the baby tooth. Same situation for me and I think it's the same tooth that you had. The retainer allows my top teeth to sit up higher to allow my cross bite teeth to come forward. I can tell it's also holding my bottom jaw forward - when I take it out to eat I do already want to hold my jaw forward where it "should" be.

I'm just getting nervous that he's going to spring something crazy on me like jaw surgery or implants or something to correct the bite. At my consult he did say that "we would see if I needed any extractions later on" and now I'm just learning about extractions to possibly bring my top jaw back in line with my bottom - but like you, I am concerned how that will affect my profile. Gah, I just need to talk to him.

Congrats on your progress and switching to iBraces though, it has been interesting reading about those as I have never seen them before. Your teeth are really looking gorgeous!

*melissa*

Re: question

#248 Post by *melissa* »

amandajane wrote:Melissa,

I was looking at your xray on page 18 with the braces on, and it looks as if there are two teeth in your jaw chin( I think that's what you were pointing out). I was wondering what do you do with that, are the teeth still there?

Just curious
Hi Amanda, those aren't extra teeth, those are 2 of my adult teeth that never errupted, because for some unknown reason they are laying flat. For now, the plan is just to leave them there, but to have an oral surgeon keep an eye on them to make sure nothing goes wrong with them...

Miranbrady20

#249 Post by Miranbrady20 »

wow thats crazyness! can you feel them there?

shinyRiver

#250 Post by shinyRiver »

Hey Melissa!

Looking good! Like you, I have elastics this month and I also have two powerchains on my bottom arch to close the gaps from pulled teeth. (I'm excited, too!!!!) But I'm not *nearly* as far along as you are in terms of treatment timeline, so I'm sure you've been in quite a bit more pain than I've been. :( On the bright side- your smile is looking AMAZING. I can see quite a difference already since you've been de-braced and re-braced, and your I-braces are totally invisible! I am in awe! You have come such a long way! Hang in there, just a few more months!!! I'm so excited for you!

:D

*melissa*

#251 Post by *melissa* »

Long time no postie for me.... I've had alot of stuff going on.... mainly wedding planning!! I am getting marriiieeed August 22nd!! It's coming up very soon!

Today I got my bottom braces off temporarily for the big day! Because my uppers are lingual (behind the teeth) it looks like I don't have any braces at all!! So now I just need to whiten them up (I got the OK to do that even though I have the Ibraces on, hooray) and get the 2 front teeth bonded a little) for wedding piccies :D

My ortho told me I'll be all finished with braces by the end of this year :shock: OMG, I am so excited!!!!!

I will get new pics soon!!

*melissa*

#252 Post by *melissa* »

XXNECRAXX wrote:wow thats crazyness! can you feel them there?
Lol, no not at all, I honestly have no idea exactly where they are.... I can see them on the x-ray but other than that, it's like they are not even there 8)

*melissa*

#253 Post by *melissa* »

shinyRiver wrote:Hey Melissa!

Looking good! Like you, I have elastics this month and I also have two powerchains on my bottom arch to close the gaps from pulled teeth. (I'm excited, too!!!!) But I'm not *nearly* as far along as you are in terms of treatment timeline, so I'm sure you've been in quite a bit more pain than I've been. :( On the bright side- your smile is looking AMAZING. I can see quite a difference already since you've been de-braced and re-braced, and your I-braces are totally invisible! I am in awe! You have come such a long way! Hang in there, just a few more months!!! I'm so excited for you!

:D
Awww, thank you soo much ShinyRiver!!! :D

Kristiana

#254 Post by Kristiana »

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! :rose: :-V My anniversary is 10 August... it'll be 4 years for me and my husband already! Time really flies ;) Enjoy the rest of your engagement, and best wishes for a wonderful, awesome newlywed life!

Your smile is looking beautiful!

Miss Chastity

#255 Post by Miss Chastity »

Your teeth are gorgeous!

CONGRATS on your upcoming nuptials!