Hangin in there

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PARR

Hangin in there

#1 Post by PARR »

So 9 months into the ortho scene, 8 months wired up, what is there to say?

The novelty has worn off; it is now routine. Just back from an adjustment and pleased with how things are going.

Lots we (my partner and I) didn't expect, doing this together. But the support and understanding has been great.

At this point chef is full up with tpa and elastics. I was surprised by the possibility of keeping teeth if I would go with head gear. Well (pat my own back) I've been so good about it that all is well and as of yesterday I am now on night time only wear. I also got two elastics yesterday. OK, that's really weird having a spring loaded jaw. So I know what chefy is dealing with.

I look forward to the changing of the archwire, the thrill of a new powerchain, because things are working. And I've gotten used to brushing anywhere I need to.

So what's in store? Asked the doc yesterday. Well within the next several months the alignments will be done and then the leveling the tipping the final perfect meshing of the bite all of which takes some time. And for chef? Well he's in for a much the same just over a longer period. Why? Well he's chef, he has a weird mouth. (lots more overlapping teeth)

So we will certainly keep you all up to date. The site is great and got us through the first weeks and months with advice and help.

To any out there wondering should I? #1 If you are asking the question, you have a reason. #2 If you have a reason, yes, do it. It's not an ordeal, it is a process. The results are pretty awesome. (And I'm maybe almost half way there.)

PARR

#2 Post by PARR »

So I should have put in there somewhere:

Omlettes: the best thing for the day after and adjustment. Is soft but not mush, does require some mouth movement. Protein, warm comfort food (cheesy yes!)

Tonight soup...in which I can dunk bread. Tomorrow, pasta and ground meat, by Easter, leg of lamb no sweat!

It has become routine.

PARR

#3 Post by PARR »

Am now 6 to 8 weeks between adjustments. Self Ligating brackets and power chains, a couple elastics and night time hg wear. All is well. Real arches have formed where before there were quite a few snaggles...looking back, why did I think all was well?

PARR

#4 Post by PARR »

So as of lunch today, my lower arch fits just behind my upper arch. I've never had that before! wow!

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Wonderful progress! Didn't it feel weird the first time?
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

chef

#6 Post by chef »

not there yet :(

PARR

#7 Post by PARR »

adjustment # 9 (I had to count because I really don't keep a log like I should I guess) 11 months in, no more upper arch headgear at all, and lower arch only 8 hours or so at night for the next six weeks then that too should be done. All teeth saved, none sacrificed!

chefy is doing great too. he looks like dracula with his elastic triangulations.

so, I may well be done in the 18 months estimated. that would be sweet. but as I've heard a lot of you all say...no rush, just do it right!

g'nite