elpi's toothie adventures - got my wisdoms braced...ouch!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Unhappy teeth

#76 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Looking good and your ligs are great! :D

elpi

#77 Post by elpi »

Thanks for the comments all of you, they're much appreciated!

I had my adjustment today and was all psyched up for getting my wisdom teeth braced only to be told "it looks like we'll be able to brace your back teeth next visit"....He seemed very busy in the surgery today and a little brusque compared to normal, so I guess it's good it didn't happen today but I was a bit disappointed when I came out the orthodontists. Apparently my upper teeth have been sluggish, I suspected so myself but ah well...

At least I've had everything tightened up and a powerchain attached to my bottom front teeth to close a gap that had spontaneously appeared, so my braces at least feel like they're working again. The powerchain is a clear one so I'm guessing I'd better be careful not to stain it right?

I'll try and post up some pics of my (sluggish) teeth tomorrow! :lol:

elpi

#78 Post by elpi »

Here are some snaps to update my progress... or lack thereof!

I went for alternate pink ligs on the bottom, except the large powerchain rather spoilt the sequence (I'd have asked for all pink had I know I was getting one - but no matter)

Top view - I doubt there's any change from last time as even the ortho said they were being sluggish ...

Bottom view - One of my extraction gaps has noticeably closed on the bottom! I thought extraction closing happenned much later on, the new powerchain has already half closed the new gap that got created nearer the front overnight!

I most certainly got my wish of aching teeth... hopefully this means I'll have better progress by the next adjustment and I can move onto the thicker wires...

Unhappy teeth

#79 Post by Unhappy teeth »

Your lower gaps seem to be closing nicely, if only you could make the uppers speed up! How are things going?

Jes

#80 Post by Jes »

Wow your progress seems absolutely amazing. I know the latest pictures you posted you don't see a lot of progress. However, as a newcomer and seeing your pre-braces and the latest pictures, all I can say is WOW.

Good luck with the rest of your journey! :)

flesh-was-sweet

#81 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Fantastic progress!

*melissa*

#82 Post by *melissa* »

your teeth have moved sooo fast in such a short amount of time.
simply amazing. :shock:

elpi

#83 Post by elpi »

Hehe thanks for the unexpected flurry of lovely comments people! It's easy to lose sight of the fact that my teeth have changed a lot when I'm focusing on how they've done very little in the last couple of months.

Yep bracedagain it has been about a month since my last adjustment, I'm not noticing any changes in the mirror except for the little gap closing on the bottom which my ortho powerchained, but my braces have felt tight all month and my teeth have been a bit sore so something must be happening again. I'm really waiting on my central incisor to look even with the little tooth next to it (top left) my canine needs to budge over a bit before that can happen though I think.

I started at a new uni last week, I felt a bit shy and awkward with my braces when eating in front of new people and a bit hesitant to speak up in class. I'm going to try and be more confident this week coming.

I shall post some new pics after my next adjustment on the 16th to check if there are any new visual changes... we may still need magnifying glasses tho' :lol:

elpi

#84 Post by elpi »

Well I went for my fourth adjustment on Thursday and the ortho said I was ready to move up a wire, which means that he could put brackets on my wisdom teeth and brace them too, yay!. He didn't want to brace them earlier with the thinner wire cos he thought the span from each of them is so large to the next tooth it would cause problems. I'm very glad I took some strong painkillers before my adjustment as it was a tricky procedure, he says he only ever does it about once a year. Afterwards the edges of my mouth were so sore from being stretched out. But it wasn't horrible really, just a bit uncomfortable.

Since Thursday I've been in a fair bit of discomfort, I kind of expected that. The ortho said that my bite will probably be a bit off for a time but things will settle down. My top wisdom teeth face into my cheeks so as they get pulled around I think the points of them are stopping me being able to bite down properly. I must admit I did have a little wibble about why am I doing all this to myself and then I looked at some pics of my teeth from the very start and I cheered right up again. So below I've done the comparison shots like that, just in case I need a bit more encouragement in the middle of the night when I've got jaw pain :D

Top arch now (you can't see that my wisdoms are braced here, but you can see how they are kind of angled out)

Top arch back in April

Bottom arch now

Bottom arch back in April

Oh and here's a really unattractive pic of one of my new top wisdom brackets, as you can see it's in a really weird position! I'm looking forward to those teeth getting in line!

*melissa*

#85 Post by *melissa* »

Thats very cool to see that you have your wisoms braced now!! I can't wait until I get to that point!!

Your teeth are lookin' soo good!!

Bekah

#86 Post by Bekah »

Wow look what happens when I quit coming around! They have moved ALOT! I am sure that they have moved alot more since the last time you posted!

I just had my extractions and am praying the gaps close as fast as yours!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Miss Smiley

#87 Post by Miss Smiley »

Elpi, look at those teeth go!!!!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Bekah

#88 Post by Bekah »

I thought I would stop in and check on your story! How are you???? Are they off or are you like me, still waiting? Hope everything is going well!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!