SGPWired's story ... photo update pg. 2

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SGPWired

SGPWired's story ... photo update pg. 2

#1 Post by SGPWired »

Hi ya’ll I’m newly braced in Texas!!! And I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Ok, so I was a bit apprehensive about wearing braces and the whole process. Well, maybe I was more than a bit, but I definitely was committed. In retrospect, a past dental trauma (wisdom teeth extraction) raised its ugly head and tainted my perception of treatment. I guess you can say I was bit of a stiff during those two hours.

However, I am extremely pleased with my choice of orthodontists, his staff, and his treatment plan. The tech who worked on me was great! She applied the wires with no complications. A week later, I still feel no pain and I’m eating well – I am blessed. I really appreciate my orthodontists and his staff. I know its going to be a pleasant journey.

I’ll keep ya posted on my progress.
Last edited by SGPWired on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Katt

#2 Post by Katt »

:jump: Congratulations on the braces. So glad to hear things are going well.

metalmouthmommy

#3 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Welcome! :D

And congrats on your decision to get braced! :-)o

METALMOUTHPOOH

#4 Post by METALMOUTHPOOH »

Welcome :wink:

Congrats on the braces :-1

Keep us updated on your journey and take as many pictures as possible to look back at when they change (fast) :wink:

LynB

#5 Post by LynB »

Welcome SGPWired,

I can feel you on the wisdom teeth, My wisdom teeth surgery was horrible and I felt the same way getting braced. I have had a little more things to do like wear this appliance :evil: that sucks. I won't find out about my B-day until I get my appliance checked on 3/18/08. I am so glad to hear your braces went well. I hope I have it easy like that :P .

LynB

jenny101101

#6 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Wired! So you DO have a journal!! :jump: I know how you feel about the whole wisdom tooth experience, too. Mine was not enjoyable. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well with your braces so far. It's great when you have an ortho and staff that you like so much...I love mine!! Was your B-day on Feb.20th? If so, we're only one day apart...cool! :banana:
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

SGPWired

Observations

#7 Post by SGPWired »

I’m continuing on with my pain free streak, not much excitement to add.

However, my enthusiasm is still at an all time high. At first, I felt embarrassed with some new appliance in my mouth. Now, I gladly smile and smile BIG.

I observed that:
Wearing braces will improve my patience,
I need to adjust my raw foods diet,
I’m having peanut butter withdrawals,
My family and friends are getting tired of hearing me talk about my braces, and
A clean set of braces feels good at the end of the day.
Last edited by SGPWired on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGPWired

#8 Post by SGPWired »

I got brave and added my B-Day pic - see next posting
Last edited by SGPWired on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SGPWired

#9 Post by SGPWired »

My B-Day photo Feb. 18, 2008, uppers 1st, lowers ???

jenny101101

#10 Post by jenny101101 »

Hey Wired!

Nice pic! We have very similar teeth with our lateral incisors and canine teeth our main problem on the top. The crowding on the bottom is my biggest problem too.... :jokerlaugh: Isn't that funny?

I read your post about having peanut butter withdrawals...why not eat some? You can still have it, just might be kind of hard to eat but it's safe. I personally like to just eat if off a spoon! :BigGrin:

Keep smilin'!! :banana: (just make sure you clean the PB out of your brackets first...hehe)
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

kittymeow84

#11 Post by kittymeow84 »

Very cool. You can hardly see them!

Another In-Ovation braced person on the board :) Looks like they are becoming more popular.
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

Lola

#12 Post by Lola »

Welcome! Congrats on being braced so successfully - start as you mean to continue!

redwingzfan

#13 Post by redwingzfan »

Congrats on the braces! I hope that you have little pain. I don't have much pain on my day 2. :-)

Well best of luck,
-Dave

Katt

#14 Post by Katt »

It's funny you mention the improving patience part, my husband has said I need to do that and well I kinda have to with these, and the talking about the braces all the time I do it too. In fact I have been banned from it at work the girls told me they see them enough (they're joking of course) But I can't help being excited I will have great teeth!

As far as the foods I hate the fact I can't eat my fresh veggies like I used to. Most people think it's funny but I am having withdrawals like you are having with PB. And you can eat PB I do all the time and it's not too bad on the braces just take a swish of water to clean it out and brush when possible.

BTW I don't think I would be so adventurous with food though if I didn't have a waterpik I would seriously die!!

Can't wait to see your progress!!! How long are you sentenced for??

SGPWired

#15 Post by SGPWired »

Thanks for comments Katt. I’m expected to be braced for 18 months plus or minus. I have my first adjustment in about six weeks. I can hardly wait. I’m excited about finally having fabulous teeth. I’ll try to post photos too.

As far as peanut butter, I was bit shy on the whole ‘sticky foods’ list when I made that posting. However, I’m more adventurous now, but I do rush to brush right after the meals. I just can’t stand the sensation of having food stuck in my braces.

Good luck at your next adjustment.