SGPWired's story ... photo update pg. 2

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SGPWired

#16 Post by SGPWired »

My one month anniversary – yea!! :banana:

I have yet to experience any pain and I am eating as I did before my B-day, sans sticky foods. I absolutely could not be happier – well maybe with perfect teeth, but that will happen in do time. I noticed some tiny gaps between my canine teeth and a minuscule gap between my front teeth. I suspect the other teeth are moving too since I am able to get floss between them easier. Although, flossing in general is still a challenge. I'm also surprised at the residual food particles that get caught in my braces. Its like, where did that come from??

I eagerly await my first adjustment, which is scheduled in thirty days. +\+ Hopefully, I will remember to take photos and post them. I anticipate a quick 15-minute visit for my first adjustment, but I pray that I am not just another mouth to my ortho and staff - especially since we will see each other every alternating month for the next 17 months. Also, that I receive positive feedback on my teeth movement. At this point, my enthusiasm is beginning to wane, but I am still thrilled (EXTREMELY HAPPY AND PLEASED) with my decision to be braced, my ortho & staff, and my treatment. I even joke with my friends that braces are a Nip/Tuck for the mouth.

HIMgurl

#17 Post by HIMgurl »

Hi!

Welcome to AW! Just read throught your story, congrats on gettin braces. Be extremely thankful that you are not experiencing any kind of pain. Want to trade places, these powerchains are so sore?! :D

I also craved the peanut butter, and its really not that bad to eat. Cleaning up is sort of a pain. Do you have a waterpik and electric toothbrush? That will really help your cleaning routine. Ie, no more crumb suprises! :wink:
I have just completed my treatment!!

jenny101101

#18 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi Wired!

Happy belated One month!! :-)o Sorry, I was away so I'm just catching up with everyone. It's great that you're noticing movement, even if it's just tiny. Same with me but I know that our patience will pay off.

Do you have your date for your lowers yet? Hopefully you'll find out at your next adj. if you don't know yet.

Chat soon! :computer:
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

missfashionista

#19 Post by missfashionista »

Happy belated 1 month anniversary!! You are so lucky you don't experience any pain after getting braced. I just got my uppers put in a day ago and now I am experiencing the dreaded achy pain. I expect it to last at least 3 days as that was how long it lasted when I first got my lowers in. So soft food for me for the next couple of days. Damn I miss real food already!

M1k3y

#20 Post by M1k3y »

Go Texas!
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Kara

#21 Post by Kara »

What's up SGPWired! Glad things are getting better and you're back on normal food! :D

I laughed reading your last post on the whole "how did that get there and where did that come from" feeling when cleaning out your braces. :lol: :lol: It's like a treasure hunt to clean your teeth now isnt it? :) I have a million of those mini brushes that come in your take home kit from the ortho. Those things are life savers when you're out somewhere without the waterpik near by. :D

So glad you're getting along ok with your braces. Thanks for stopping by my story too. :D

Kara

missfashionista

#22 Post by missfashionista »

Just wanted to check in with you, SGPWired. Have you had any Quiznos sandwiches lately? LOL :lol:

SGPWired

1st adj. with pictures

#23 Post by SGPWired »

Yea! :jump: Today was my first adjustment appointment - over and done in 15 minutes. I was a bit apprehensive – I had no reason, but I guess that is normal especially when the tech brought out the tray of pliers and other assorted tools.

The tech assigned to me was training another tech, and told the trainee that normally the doctor does not upgrade the wires at the first adjustment. What?? :Questions: I said, I want an upgrade –I do not really see any changes. The tech pulled out my photos and showed me that both my laterals rotated out and are aligning up (particularly the left one). WELL COOL!! :thumbsup:

The tech was then amazed that nothing broke, wires were not poking, or that I did not need any more wax. She said I was an easy patient. Ka-chow!

My ortho asked a few questions, poked and prodded, and then scheduled my next appointment. He said, “We should be able to do some contouring on the uppers, maybe upgrade the wire, and brace your lowers.â€
Last edited by SGPWired on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jenny101101

#24 Post by jenny101101 »

Oh my!! You're teeth look terrific!! :jump: I'm so jealous. You're lateral incisors are nicely lined up. One of mine is but the other just will not obey! :evil:

That's great you got your lower brace date! When's your next appt? Sounds like you'll have lots of "stuff" going on at that appt! :P

Yep, everyone at my ortho's has really nice teeth, too(no one in braces).
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

*melissa*

#25 Post by *melissa* »

Congrats SGPWired on the wonderful progress!!! :D

Skitters

#26 Post by Skitters »

Hey SGP, I finally found your journal! It's really great to hear that everything is going so wonderfully for you. Hope your "streak" continues! Congrats on your progress so far.

SGPWired

#27 Post by SGPWired »

Thanks Jenny, Melissa, and Skitters for the words of encouragement. I thought I would have to wait longer to see any alignment changes.

I’ve been floating around on a cloud since the good news :-9 , but, the anticipation is grueling….. So once again, I start counting down another 8 weeks. +\+

I could have scheduled it earlier, but I have a major speaking engagement around the same time. I heard that turbos might affect ones speech for a while so I did not want any interference with my presentation – especially since my employer will record the speech for training material.

I'll definately take more pictures and post a Full Metal one. :dance:

Miss Smiley

#28 Post by Miss Smiley »

SGP your teeth didn't even look like they needed any work to begin with. They look ready for debanding to me! Hehehe. My ortho's office has two girls in braces and both of whom are new. The rest of the girls have perfect smiles. Maybe ortho's like to show their skills off with their staff having smiles created by them.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

missfashionista

#29 Post by missfashionista »

I agree with Miss Smiley!! Why do you need braces?!?! Your teeth look awesome!

I know how you feel about the progression of treatment! I didn't feel like mine was until I got my uppers on...now I actually see some changes! I can't wait till you get your lowers on. Then you will be an official metal mouth...yea!

I think because we overly obsess about our teeth, we are not able to see the tiny changes happening...so I am glad that the tech pointed out the changes to you! It's these little words of encouragement that helps us with our patience along the way!

SGPWired

#30 Post by SGPWired »

Thanks Miss Smiley and missfashionista for the compliments. My teeth (and ego) appreciate it!! :dance: It definitely helps make the time go by faster between adjustments.