Jenny101101's Story**8 month UPDATE~ pics-Pg.16**

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jenny101101

#256 Post by jenny101101 »

PrincessPeach: Thank you!! You'll be at this point someday and look back and be amazed at how time flies. Sometimes I can't believe I'm almost done..it feels like yesterday I was newly braced!

starzz: Thanks! Yes, I agree. Thank you for your insight. I want to be completely satisfied with my final result and since I see my teeth everyday, it helps to have someone else critic(sp?) them.

Katie: Thank you so much! I know how you feel with waiting on one tooth. I'm still waiting on that front tooth to get completely in line. I'm keeping it in the back of my mind that if that tooth doesn't move, I'll be looking at moving my debanding date back but my fingers are crossed that it moves. Your teeth look fantastic! I'll keep my fingers crossed yours moves too!!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

browneyedgrl

#257 Post by browneyedgrl »

Jenny,

I'm so happy to hear you got a date...WOOHOO!!! Your teeth look great!!!

I'm sure that your ortho will do a little manicuring when he removes your braces.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

jenny101101

#258 Post by jenny101101 »

B: Thank you so much! Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I'm not here very often and when I am, I mostly just read the posts :? . Yes, my ortho said he'd do a little sanding here and there when they come off.

Well, a little update..........

I went to my last official adjustment on July 21st!! Woohoo!! I'm getting my braces off August 18th at 10:20 a.m. and as you can see, I have a new ticker to count down the days. I'm soooo excited! I have a stagette to go to on the 15th so I wish my debanding was a little earlier but, oh well, I can wait :D .

Here are the most recent pics:

17 months
ImageImage
ImageImage
Notice in the last pic I now just have tie-backs from canine to first molar and no powerchain. I decided to go for a red powerchain on the bottom to spice it up a little. My ortho said that it's possible a space could open up on my front upper teeth so to keep an eye out and go back in to get a PC on so my debanding won't be delayed....so I'm checking every day!! lol

I finally figured out what was going on with my left front tooth and why it doesn't seem to "sit right" with the right tooth. It's thicker so it doesn't feel right when I run my tongue along the back. My ortho said he'd rather have them level from the front and I agree. If I run my tongue along the front just under the brackets, they feel even so I'm happy with that. If you look at my second pic, you can notice it's thicker(my left, your right in pic).

I'm still wearing my "moose" elastics at night and everything feels great!! It'll be 18 months when these babies come off so 4 months shy of my original estimated time...gotta love that!!

Thanks all for stopping by:)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

opera^gal

#259 Post by opera^gal »

I sooooooooo understand the 'one tooth thicker' routine...Slowpoke is thicker than Fleetfoot, which makes the whole lining up deal look fine, but feel wrong...arrrgh! Drives me crazy, but the ortho says it's ok. Congrats on your debanding date..whoowhoo!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

guji girl

#260 Post by guji girl »

Hey Jenny - thougt I would stop by your journal as I saw u have your debanding date near mine!! Whoo.

Mine is the day before yours. Good times hey. Looks like we will be going through the whole retainer journey together!

Hope it all goes well - bring it on!!

P.S your teeth are looking fab :-)
Check out my story at: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28042

Expected treatment time: 18-24 months

browneyedgrl

#261 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Jenny,

Well today is the day, woohoo!!! Good luck with your debanding can't wait to see pics!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

jenny101101

#262 Post by jenny101101 »

Thanks Opera^gal!

guji girl: Congrats on a debanding date too!! Your ticker says one day just like mine so is yours tomorrow or are we in a completely different time zone? :wink: Anyway, looking forward to seeing you on the retainer forum :D .

Hey B! Actually, I made a mistake and my debanding day is tomorrow. I can't believe I forgot the date! haha I'm so organised and good with dates and numbers that it's embarrassing :oops: . Don't worry, I'll definitely be posting pictures later tomorrow!!

So I'm one day away from being "naked" and I can't tell you how excited I am!! I've been going through a list of food that I'll have as my first meal brace free and oh, the choices! I've also had dreams that I've missed my appt. or that my teeth broke when they were taking the brackets off. *Fingers crossed* that doesn't happen! lol

Here are comparison pics from day one to 16 months(purple powerchains) and 17 months(red powerchain on lowers/none on uppers):
ImageImage

ImageImage

Image]Image

ImageImage
Jenny

jenny101101

#263 Post by jenny101101 »

THEY'RE OFF!! WOOHOO!!!

It only took about an hour for everything(braces off, cement cleaned, x-rays, molds and pics). It wasn't too bad except for getting the four lower front brackets off. That hurt quite a bit! My mouth feels so weird and a bit slimy but I'm so glad they're off and I'm estatic with the results.....

And here they are:

Showing all teeth(I'd like to have some gum contouring done just about my upper left-your right-incisor to even them out):
A little bit open:
My normal smile:

What do you think? :D

I pick up my retainers tomorrow at 11:20 a.m. so I'll post pics of them tomorrow. Now, off to the "Life after braces" forum!! :wink:
Jenny

metalmouthmommy

#264 Post by metalmouthmommy »

:-V :-)o :jump: :-88 :rawk:

Hooray for you Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! They look fantastic!!! Please eat some ribs, an apple, and some corn on the cob for me!

I had my appt. today too and I got a release date for Nov. so I still have a bit more time in.

jenny101101

#265 Post by jenny101101 »

Thanks Katie! :D

I am definitely having corn on the cob very soon. It's funny, I had pizza for lunch(first thing I ate since they came off) and I was still biting very gently and even tearing pieces off. I guess it'll take a bit to get used to really biting again! haha My husband is planning to take me out for supper tonight so I'll order something that I haven't been able to eat in a while.

Congrats on a debanding date!! November isn't too far away and just think, no braces for the holidays!! YAY!
Jenny

opera^gal

#266 Post by opera^gal »

Congrats!! Gorgeous smile!!! Apple, corn, and a piece of caramel!!!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

Neptune

#267 Post by Neptune »

My goodness!!

Your teeth look so good...what a transformation. Congratulation on reaching the end of this journey and thank you for sharing it with the rest of us. :D
08 Apr 2008 - Front teeth braced.
30 Aug 2010 - New bracket brand placed on upper four incisors.

Initial Ortho Sentence: 18-20 months.

jenny101101

#268 Post by jenny101101 »

Thank you opera^gal and Neptune!!

I still haven't taken pics of my retainers but I'll post them as soon as I do. My lower retainer was bothering me the first day but went to ortho the next day and he fix it. It's great only having to wear them for 10 hours at night...24/7 would be hard, having to take them out to eat or drink!

I love life after braces!! :D
Jenny

jenny101101

#269 Post by jenny101101 »

Ok, so I've been a bad girl and went MIA here for way too long! :oops:

I still don't have pics of my retainers. Honestly the excitement has worn off. I'm still wearing them for 8-10 hours per night but will soon be going to every second or third night and see how that works. Well, it depends....

I may have to have surgery because I have a LOT of bone loss in the upper left side. If you look at my earlier pics, the tooth that was turned in toward the roof of my mouth is, I believe, the culprit. The only reason I can come up with is that that tooth was moved too fast and didn't give the bone time to regenerate!!! GRR!!

I'm scared. I have had one major infection in that area and had to have it frozen and lanced and put on a round of antibiotics. I don't do well with needles and pain and I almost fainted laying down in the dentist's chair.

I am now starting to get another infection, I can feel my teeth and gums aching and I can't chew on that side. My gum line is really red and inflamed.

My dentist is sending me to a periodontist and, unfortunately there aren't any on the island I live on so I have to travel 3 hours to the closest one. I go on November 30th so I'll update again by then.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has any info. on what I can expect.

Thanks again,
Jenny
Jenny

Flaka

#270 Post by Flaka »

Jenny its been so long! As you can see, I am still braced...and will be for a while.

I am sorry about your infection, that doesn't sound too good. What kind of surgery will you have?

Good luck with the periodontist. The only experience I had with a periodontist was for a deep cleaning and that wasn't comfortable :(

Please keep us updated on how you are doing and hope you feel better soon.